It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statistically speaking... There's no chance your religion is correct.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
"Statistically speaking... There's no chance your religion is correct. "

Fact: Only the dead know or not what/if any religions are right.

And they aren't talking, soooooo.....
edit on 10-3-2017 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Religions are no more or less believable than Aliens, Ghosts, Bigfoot, or belief in nothing. But there is a special place here on earth for those who set themselves up as being right and smugly tout their own standpoint as an indicator of everyone else's stupidity. It is called loneliness, enjoy.
edit on 10-3-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

All religions have engaged in condemnation, judgement, hypocrisy and many of them have killed for their beliefs in the past and up to the present day. Logic would tell you, if sacred scriptures were the word of one GOD, there wouldn't have been numerous interpretations, nor numerous religious beliefs. Why would GOD want his word to be misinterpreted? It is after all GOD's word and what he wants humanity to follow. If he wanted his word to be engrained in humanity, he would have created it in a way that would leave no chance of interpreting it differently! He also wouldn't have given us free-will to believe what we wanted to believe.

Religion is simply dogma and a way to control their followers.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
a reply to: deadlyhope

I think holding on to the idea that one's practiced religion is the 'one true religion' to be a childish notion.

Not to mention it's blaspheming the Holy Spirit (Truth), which is deemed the ONLY unforgivable sin. To claim that a group or individual is the "holder of truth" and the "only holder of truth" is blasphemy in the eyes of the deity according to any religious system of any significance.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right, but all those variations fall under the category of a non functional universe. So we're still back to only two choices.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
There are people who go directly to the source and logically experience what is the reason "Religions" are manifesting in humanity.

But then we get into the realm of higher level of awareness. Psi/synchronicity/out of body. And the more aware the being becomes the more the being can question the information/experience and even see the difference between objective information and subjective degradation that happens in the brain because of how the brain is built up.

In a way you can see the questioning as self diagnostic process to make sure the subjective degradation becomes as low as possible.
edit on 11-3-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I believe my set of beliefs as far as I need to, I don't think they are the ultimate source of truth is all. I don't know if I'm right... I could be, but probably not.

That's just backwards thinking. If one little thing changed for our world or universe, it's more likely that we'd be a different variant of ourselves...Whether made in the image of a God able to live in said universe, or evolution - life would still exist

Not to mention I believe in an infinite universe... So even if this tiny area we call the universe - what is it, 18 billion light years across? That's not even a tiny dot on the cosmic scale I believe in.. Then again, nothing is.

So even if our universe didn't have life... Another would.

Statistically speaking. ( a statistic I cannot source or prove) - so that much does fall under belief.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

And that's what I'm trying to present.

If a person is willing to accept that their beliefs might be wrong.. Radicalism is not bound to exist.

Doesn't need to apply solely to religion, any ideology should be one that can be questioned, compromised with, open minded - in my opinion..

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Raggedyman

And that's what I'm trying to present.

If a person is willing to accept that their beliefs might be wrong.. Radicalism is not bound to exist.

Doesn't need to apply solely to religion, any ideology should be one that can be questioned, compromised with, open minded - in my opinion..

Yeah I agree in principle, but does it matter if they are right or wrong
Radicalism doesn't have to exist in a tolerant society, ideological societies outside religion are intolerant, but right to some people

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm with the op on this one, could one of the existing religions be spot on? yeah, but i doubt it! this of course is just my opinion, i have as much evidence to back my point as someone does to 100% disprove it.

I am not religious myself but i respect peoples rights to believe what ever they like just please respect mine to no give a sh*te.

That said I'm not totally against the idea of some form of intelligent design/designer/alien/seeded(insert any other scenario here) creation theory, i just don't think anyone alive has the correct one backed, i think the truth could just as likely be that there is nothing after death than you go to some form of heaven/hell.

I read once that some believe that death will be the same experience as before birth, if true i can live with that, may sound scary to some but if true there's no way you will know it so why fear it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join