It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow Slip Earthquake season raises risks of The Big One - PNW/ Vancouver BC Area

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Sorry I missed your thread. I'm not on here much lately.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Ok thanks. I thought it was related to QuakeWatch.net

Btw here's the latest Alert map from Ben

edit on 23-2-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Sorry I missed your thread. I'm not on here much lately.

Mine was a little late for member activity so happy the article/warning is being discussed now.

ps,I linked this thread to that one.
edit on 23-2-2017 by dreamingawake because: linked

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Japan has had an EQ warning system for five years. The planed system alert in the region(Canada too?), will be set for 2018 for use as a cellphone alert. That's not soon enough with this activity-Source. Wonder if an app can be worked on before that and not to forget those who don't readily use cellphones need a way to be alerted if not by local alter systems in cities for example.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thanks

I was just loooking up what Choi & others have to say. Sounds like they predict catastrophic quakes starting now, 2017 up to 2030 for seismic zones in the states. Unless I misunderstood.
Thst it correlates with the sun going through its solar minimum?
I'm not really up to speed understanding all the new studies, like the .blot echo effect, etc.

Anyways it's interesting to learn and share the info on here.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Japan has had an EQ warning system for five years. The planed system alert in the region(Canada too?), will be set for 2018 for use as a cellphone alert. That's not soon enough with this activity-Source. Wonder if an app can be worked on before that and not to forget those who don't readily use cellphones need a way to be alerted if not by local alter systems in cities for example.

Oh yes I heard about the cellphone alerts, I would definitely want that app, but you're right, it needs to be for non cell phone users as well. I hope Canada gets on board since our west coast in in the line of fire or ring of fire.
For now I'm just using the disaster prediction app, it didn't ask for my location so I have to keep checking it manually.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

It might help if you're inland a ways, but those of us on the coast would just look up and go, Uh oh".

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It might help if you're inland a ways, but those of us on the coast would just look up and go, Uh oh".

I am inland, maybe 50 miles, not sure. I'm right next to the Fraser river though, so I suppose it would flow east into that and I'd see it rising, so long as it's daylight

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Thanks

I was just loooking up what Choi & others have to say. Sounds like they predict catastrophic quakes starting now, 2017 up to 2030 for seismic zones in the states. Unless I misunderstood.
Thst it correlates with the sun going through its solar minimum?
I'm not really up to speed understanding all the new studies, like the .blot echo effect, etc.

Anyways it's interesting to learn and share the info on here.

Looking into their prediction info now(assuming this is the right site- leading to Doug Choi?- here). Also, not familiar with the fault in regards to the sun, so not sure if it has to do with it. So far it just looks to be just part of the pattern that the fault system goes through. It was due and is now happening now.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
No. I looked at another page. Can't find it now, I closed my tabs. Then I went onto a page about a book coming out called Upheaval and watched a video. The video was about the sun

Correction, maybe it was that page, but then I ended up on others, I was all over the place!

Anyways getting back the link you posted it predicts Kanchatka in Russia as a possible large quake ... in 2017. Not very helpful being such a broad timeline, and new Zealand, unless that's the one it just had in the mag 4 range
edit on 24-2-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Found the page I was on
www.suspicious0bservers.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Been a while since a really big one, seems overdue. Stay safe, all in affected areas.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This morning's news was really interesting. It isn't often that the public gets a fresh deeper look episode for free.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Found the page I was on

Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Nice graphic that explains it further-

ºStuck plate section
ºSlow slip zone
ºSliding zone

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Found the page I was on

Thanks

Couldn't find where I watched the Blot Echo theory. Not sure if that was the work of the guy Choi, but somebody else mentioned it in the thread. Seems like the deep quakes ( a few hundred kilometres ) radiate out waves of energy from the epicentre very far and these can cause other quakes around the globe, at a later time and they are able to calculate future quakes with amazing accuracy., well in advance.

Today they are saying the Fiji quake, which was quite deep " changes the game". I don't fully understand it, so I may not have explained it properly but I find it interesting and it's about time we are finally able to predict earthquakes. Worth checking that out if you can find something on it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Not sure if this means anything but a 5.2 hit just off the coast of Vancouver island on Thursday... and that exact same spot was hit with a 4.3 the day before on Wednesday.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Not sure if this means anything but a 5.2 hit just off the coast of Vancouver island on Thursday... and that exact same spot was hit with a 4.3 the day before on Wednesday.

Thanks.

I should mention now after reading more that there are others who say these small quakes occurring in - within each plate like the Juan de fuca and the N.American etc are caused by smaller faults . The big fault is the plate boundaries where each plate is against one another. If quakes start happening along the major fault line, that might indicate the big one is getting ready to go. just wanted to clear that up.

However I would speculate that any plate rattling around has to be nudging things.

Here's the latest prediction alert map that should always of course be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Japan has one of the most advanced seismology science departments in the world. Their alert system is tied directly to their infrastructure and bypasses the need for human intervention in the event of a mega-quake (M 8+); high speed rail, power, utility systems are all tied directly to systems that monitor seismic activity.

The technology is there, but has not been made use of here in the states for a variety of reasons, funding being the primary one.

One might ask why such funding would be withheld if deploying such technology would provide a means to save lives with quicker response times to an occurrence of a Cascadian Wadati-Benioff zone quake; I purposely did not use the term 'subduction zone' to describe the area in question as I am of the opinion that the Expanding Earth theory has a good deal of credibility to it rather than traditional plate tectonics.

If I recall correctly, it is related the issue of 'National Security' as it pertains to the detection of certain Naval activities which are possible if Ocean Bottom Sensors (similar to what Japan has in place) were to be deployed.

The data that comes from the sensors we do have out in the Pacific goes through military networks before it is passed to scientists. Certain signals are scrubbed before the seismographs can display the information contained within the data stream from the OBS's; TrueAmerican has posted about this in the past.

In regards to megaquakes being related to solar activity and correlations to the Maunder Minimum, that ties in with something that's been bouncing around my noggin for some time.

Quite some time ago PuterMan linked me an interesting document which shows that processes within the mantle could be linked resonances with the sun:

Suggested hereinwith is a new model of terrestrial heat sources based on thorough analysis of universally recognized experimental data on the physics of the Earth and its heat balance. The model features the Earth as a gradually cooling star with heat generation still going on within its core. This hypothesis looks into the wave processes in the Earth’s core which, owing to induction, markedly affect the heating of the upper layers of the Earth and, consequently, the climate and local environmental processes. Mindful of these new energy sources, the prevailing Earth’s heat balance models warrant drastic revision which, in its turn, would allow long-term forecasting of climatic shifts and local environmental disasters.

The new model has given rise to macroquantum laws for the Earth. Its outer core is clamed to be made up of a quasiplasma substance with ultra-high density atomic hydrogen as the basic component. The potential energy released in the compression of this substance turns into the kinetic energy of the Earth’s rotation, the kinetic energy of the Moon’s rotation round the Earth, the ocean water movement, and into the thermal energy responsible for the heating of the mantle. The Earth’s climate is determined, along with the solar light energy, by the wave movement in the Earth’s outer core. Through induction interaction, these waves transfer the energy to the mantle, the crust, the oceans, and the atmosphere.

The paper also theorizes an alternate version of planetary formation:

Consider a quantum model of the Earth.
If we imagine that the Earth, like all the planets, "born" from the Sun, in which case it is a piece of a star. The process of its birth is associated with a hollow by the collapse of the sun. This process of birth of the planets Sun is presented in Figure 5.5.

[exAfter separation of the solar material in the form of a hollow sphere there was the process of compression to the current size of the Earth. In this part of the solar matter (hydrogen and helium) was transformed (transmuted) into heavier elements. The process of cooling the Earth is shown in Figure 5.6.

Here, the plasma region is clearly visible 2 Mar. 10 km, a similar transition layer between the Sun chromosphere and the corona. Consequently, the energy of wave motion in the outer core of the Earth to be transmitted as the earth's crust, oceans, ionosphere and directly by induction, as shown in Figure 5.10.

And what's more, the paper postulates that it is this internal activity that Luna may not be responsible for the tides on earth but they are, rather, a result of the interaction between the sun and Earth's mantle.

So, macroquantum laws for the Earth have been found. It has been revealed that its outer core is made up of quasiplasma, a solar substance the compression potential energy of which turns into the kinetic energy of the Earth’s rotation, the kinetic energy of the Moon’s rotation round the Earth, the kinetic energy of the ocean water movement, and the thermal energy of the mantle’s heating.

The Earth’s climate is determined, along with the solar light energy, by the movement of the waves in the Earth’s outer core. These waves, by way of induction interaction, provide the energy to the mantle, the crust, the oceans, the atmosphere, and the ionosphere.

In other words, weather forecasting is possible only through mastering the techniques of measuring the Earth core’s induction fields.

The swift, spasmodic movements of the waves inside the Earth may also trigger seismic changes in the way of deep-lying earthquakes that may cause the movement of the crust and destructive earthquakes on the Earth’s surface. It is, therefore, extremely vital to establish a new approach to earthquake forecasting based on the Earth’s macroquantum laws.
emphasis mine

Sources:

Google translation

Google translation 2

English source
edit on 26-2-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: added additional images and source

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thanks for sharing, didn't catch that reply for some reason. I hope theirs becomes a model that the West Coast will look into at the very least if not using a similar system before it's too late. As well as thanks for the additional info, going to look into that.

Also, bumping up the thread for in conjunction with the recent California fault news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join