It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Canada, your prime minister is selling out your country! Don't let him do it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

A good article that covers some of our fairly new immigration problem.

Another one

www.cbc.ca...

Crazy, people coming in at the coldest spot in Canada, in the winter 😕

The two men were so badly hurt they required amputation, but both said the trek was worth it.

Since the story of the Ghanaian men became public, several groups of other asylum seekers have made their way into Manitoba from the U.S. Many of the refugee claimants are from Somalia and come from Minneapolis.

At least they're talking about the issue, and most should get sent back once they've recovered from the cold....

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Trudeau isn't letting just everyone in from the news I've been reading

www.telesurtv.net...

www.ctvnews.ca...

There's limits on how many come in.
Because of infrastructure, housing, resources in place to help immigrants/refugees

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

Bill M-103 was not a bill JT was putting through. It was put forth by Liberal MP Iqra Khalid last December. Did you happen to see all the abuse this woman has suffered because of putting forth this bill? A lot of Canadians should be ashamed of themselves. She received something like 50,000 emails and most were hate mail. I won't repeat any of it here.

Just because you are against Islam does not mean that you get to decide what happens to these people trying to cross the border. NEWFLASH, more then just Muslims are crossing our border at this time. I'm Canadian and I applaud the Canadian Government and the RCMP for helping the people almost dying trying to cross the border into Canada. These folks feel they have no option, gee I wonder why? Someone, some country must stand up and do the right thing. One day some of these self righteous counties might find themselves in need, I wonder what country will take them in.

All to often Canadians forget their roots. Every single Canadian but the natives are immigrants to Canada. If you Caroline13456 don't care about these people so be it, I do care and if they can't stay in the USA let them come to us. I will not be the person to send fathers, mothers, children and babies back into a country where they may be hunted down and sent back to their home counties, sometimes to certain death.

Yes we have Vets living on the street, yes it needs to be fixed, chances are great letting immigrants in or not homeless Vets won't be fixed any time soon. I'm a vet I know the problems. We have homelessness, we've had it before these people started crossing and we will have it after. We have issues in our country and those issues will be here immigrants or not.

Maybe you and those like you should go to where some of these folks are crossing look them in the eye and tell them to go back, to leave the one safe haven, go back to deportation and possible death. Maybe grab one of the kids and turf them back across the invisible border, that way the parents will go back.

What has this world come to that we care not about others in need.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well, if I ever have someone I know create a serious crime, I will just tell them to go to the boarder and say they are an illegal alien in the USA. They may have to learn some of the middle eastern words and say they are albinos.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingMonkeyInSpace
a reply to: M5xaz

"Now the latest is this bill M-103"

So I wonder if Caroline13456 is purposely being deceitful by posting this garbage.

Not necessarily. Passing motions can be the first step to a government testing the waters to later try to pass an actual law, a religious blasphemy law in this case, which would be insane in the 21st century.
edit on 23-2-2017 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So glad i live on an island with a no backdoor refugees policy .

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Yeah, hopefully after 240 days of studying they can wrap their heads around it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Really glad canada will take them.
Virtue signal all you want. policies have short term and long term economic and cultural cost.

I am totally for canada having open borders. I want to see the experiment happen in real time.

Prove us wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I've heard that Canada has some of the strictest immigration laws in the west, and Trudeau is actively working to undue it.

Canada has less population than California, so it's very feasible for the Liberals to follow the Democrats lead and use immigration as a voting block to stay in power.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caroline13456
Now the latest is this bill M-103 that Trudeau is pushing through that will make it a crime to criticize islam. (Notice the small i in islam?) This legislation will make it illegal to express so called islamophobia! There is NO such thing! A phobia implies fear and the made up word islamophobia implies fear of islam. Well I am not afraid of islam. I am diametrically OPPOSED to islam. Can't stand it. Not scared of it, just not willing to put up with it in my society. All I know is Canadians better start standing up against this crap soon or we will end up in the same boat as Europe.

www.therebel.media...

Quoting The Rebel is like quoting the blaze...only worse. Ezra Levant is a click-baiting tabloid junkie. Way over the top.

Also...M-103 isn't even a bill. And it won't be a law.

The motion will not place any new legal restrictions on freedom of speech. It has no power to change Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms or any other law. Anyone who wishes to denounce Islam or Muslims publicly can still do so if this motion passes.

Global News

I'm a conservative, a Trump supporter, and an Albertan, and even I find your fear-mongering and blatant lying in your OP to be pathetic. To steal a phrase from American news...you're fake news.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The Daily Mail is a pathetic rag, nobody using it as z source can be taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caroline13456
This guy has GOT to go.

Amen to that.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Really glad canada will take them.
Virtue signal all you want. policies have short term and long term economic and cultural cost.

I am totally for canada having open borders. I want to see the experiment happen in real time.

Prove us wrong.

Well, that policy has already spectacularly failed in Sweden and Germany....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join