It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a Song Hypnotize You? The Answer is. . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
(I placed this in general conspiracies because of the history relating to hypnosis/brainwashing by music - including the "Satanic Panic", "Beatlemania", and "Back-Masking" phenomena that many believe to be conspiracies in their own right.)

I've always wondered if, somehow, I may have been hypnotized by the music on the radio. Maybe that's how some of the most famous artists are gaining popularity so quickly, by hypnotizing the audience? I looked into it and found out some interesting facts. I decided to make a short video about it. I really hope you enjoy it, as it's the first video I've ever made like this.

I have these two hysterics take a seat on the sound box of a large tuning fork. As soon as I set the fork vibrating, you can see that they fall into catalepsy. When we stop the vibrations, they fall into somnambulism. If we begin new vibrations with the tuning fork, the catalepsy reappears. Is this strange fact … due to the excitation of auditory sensitivity, or that of sensitivity in general? We don't know.

Oxford Academic

Do you know more about this? If you do, please share with me. Maybe we can get a break from all of the political madness overrunning the board these days.

edit on 16-2-2017 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

Good, informative video.
However I had to pause each block of text to read it at length.

Since you wrote it, you most likely can read off each block no problem before it changes. Because you already know what it says. But for the first time reader may I suggest you lengthen the display time?
The music You chose is nice and relaxing.
I'd like to be able to read and listen to the video without having to pause it.

Just a suggestion from one dude. Maybe I just read slow.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Thanks for the suggestion. I had them at 10 seconds, then shortened some. . . mainly because I thought I was a slow reader and was worried it would drag on and bore you. I'll remember this for the next video and make each block last longer.

Thanks again for the feedback!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've been in a trance like state where my movement become one with the music in such a way it can't really be described.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I guess it makes sense.

Lucifer was the greatest musician ever created. His will is done on this Earth, it stands to reason that his main attraction would somehow damage man.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I'll keep looking into it, but that makes me wonder if there is some sort of link between dancing, music, and hypnosis. Maybe not all dancing, but it seems plausible that there could be a link between certain music and people who are affected by it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: esteay812

I'll keep looking into it, but that makes me wonder if there is some sort of link between dancing, music, and hypnosis. Maybe not all dancing, but it seems plausible that there could be a link between certain music and people who are affected by it.

Why do aboriginals chant and dance melodically in a circle around a fire?

Why do the occultists do it?

Why do ravers do it?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I missed several exits on my drive home the other day when Amanda from Boston come on the radio. It was a little weird cause I felt like I was coming out of a trance when I realized what happened.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

lol, makes me wonder the connection between drugs as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Me to, Infact I was able to actually, visually " see " the music.
However that was the First time trying MDMA... but it was simply amazing.

edit on 16-2-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Hahaha, Lucifer. Sorry but that is some funny $h!t man. Talking snakes and burning bushes and all that.
Apparently you don't even need music to become hypnotized and brainwashed.
Sorry just funny, and yet very relevant.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ThoughtIsMadness

Let's not turn this into a religious debate, please. Remember, your non-belief seems just as asinine to those who believe.
edit on 16-2-2017 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's well aware that frequencies produce different responses in our brain and everyone who danced his as* off at least once in his life, knows that dancing and a trance like state go hand in hand.

If you experienced ASMR, also called 'head orgasm', you'll know there's more to this topic than previously thought.

I experienced ASMR while dancing without the need of any drugs. The experience was beautiful. It starts with a tickling feeling in your legs, which gets more and more intense until it reaches the top of your body where it finally 'explodes' out of your head and results in pure joy and happiness.

To this day I remember the first time like it was yesterday
I encourage everyone to find your music that allows you to loose yourself in it and shake your as* off
(Hint: Get used to dancing with your eyes closed, it helps to reach this kind of state).

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Drum circle anyone?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

I posted on ASMR a few years ago. You can see the post here --> ASMR

It's pretty crazy and seems like more people experience it than originally thought. . . or a lot of people are claiming to, once it began to get more mainstream recognition.

Our bodies and minds are capable of some pretty extraordinary things, it's a shame that not everyone knows this or gets to experience them.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: esteay812
a reply to: Macenroe82

Thanks for the suggestion. I had them at 10 seconds, then shortened some. . . mainly because I thought I was a slow reader and was worried it would drag on and bore you. I'll remember this for the next video and make each block last longer.

Thanks again for the feedback!

I prefer audio. I dont click on videos to read them. If you read the text along with it helps a lot.

Cool topic, Id like to learn more about this.
edit on 16-2-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Thanks for the suggestion. It was pretty much what I was going to type in the thread, just put into video. I did that to make it easier to share with others.

My voice isn't too bad, if you don't mind a bit of southern accent. I'll try that in the future too.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ThoughtIsMadness

Never apologize for your opinion, it makes you look like you don't believe what you're saying.

I wont address your obvious ridicule either, stay on topic.

Do you care to actually refute what I said in a constructive way or are we going to act like recalcitrant youth?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

thanks
Well this just got awkward :/

new topics

top topics

join