It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good reads and absolutely no politics allowed . Getting ATS back .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

That was a good read.

I miss threads such as that, let's hope we get to see a ton more like it

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

This thread is also a good read (from 2010 as well). 218 pages and 607 flags.

The Plan for a One World Government and New World Order.

All Roads Lead to Rome

edit on 14-2-2017 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I commend op's effort in trying to bring the old ATS back. I wish I could help by creating some threads myself, but I have always been a lurker rather than a poster. I suppose I could help by at least listing some interesting threads that I found on my favorites tab on the browser.

Something very unnerving & strange happened last night. Please read!!!

It's time my story needs to be heard

Window of Opportunity

Giant Black Triangle/Missing Time

A cloud just fell from the sky.

All of them are already pretty famous, as evidenced by the number of stars and flags, but I hope to bring them to light to those who haven't stumbled upon them yet.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Look at the front page. Political threads are so popular on this website. ATS administrators will do everything in their power to keep the political discussion going because it appears to have resulted in increased traffic. This is a business after all.

I didn't come here four years ago for politics. It is very difficult to find a non-political, thought-provoking thread nowadays. The front page used to be full of them. I feel like those days are long gone. Even if you try and post something insightful or interesting, it doesn't get the upswing of views, replies, and flags that it did several years ago. The two main contributing factors are quality of content and quality of audience.

Maybe things will return to normal in 4-8 years. I'm afraid people enjoy ringing the bell of their echo chamber and being divisive for fake internet points, though.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Maybe go to the external link in the second thread I posted. I think a lot of the bickering was due to him not producing chapters quick enough for impatient readers.

Great idea for an OP. Some interesting links already. ATS is a goldmine if you dig deep.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I used to spend hours making threads, sort of think it's a waste of time now. .. but here are 3 of my personal favourites I have made.. All above 150 flags..

Japanese doomsday cult

siberian structures

scientific support for alien life
edit on 14/2/17 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ok this is a Good one. This is a thread about weird encounters in the forest by members on this board.
I plan to add to it myself because I have had quite a few woodland strange experiences.
It is over 16 pages long and quite an entertaining read. I love weird stories even if they are B.S. they can still be entertaining.

Tell your creepy forest story

This thread deals with speculation of a submarine base in the desert tied into the various rumors of there being
hidden underground waterways under the desert that lead to the ocean.

Navy Submarine Base in the Neveda Desert.

Op thanks for starting this I had a plan to do something very similar as a thread.
I can gauge how well it would have gone by looking at your thread hopefully we can get more links to some ATS gold and bring some of that old weird spirit back.

KEEP ATS WEIRD!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Japanese doomsday cult

Oh what a eerie unnerving synchronicity I just posted about aum shinrikyo in anouther thread today.
Will there be any new serious religions?

A truly dangerous and Bizarre Cult they were on the level of cobra commander.

edit on 14-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Stargates Are Real was one of my first draws back in the day

Great UFO stuff Here. A member compiled numerous threads from some of our veteran members in the earlier days.

Men In Black is a good read from member The Gut who has numerous fascinating threads.

Also Slayer69 has epic ancient history threads to read.
edit on 14-2-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Pretty long and well put together OP . I wonder why it was closed .

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I remember reading through the creepy forest story thread quite a while ago , it was quite a good read . Below is a link to a similar thread to this one that was started today by Agent 008 .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out for more classic ATS gold .

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Ha earlier today I linked to your thread in the thread you linked above.
So far yours has more stuff to read.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

edit on 15-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: A GHOST CAUSED ME TO DOUBLE POST

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Both threads are trying to achieve the same thing , i am ok with that . And thank you for linking .

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

From what I remember (may have been on his blog) he got a bit miffed with poster's negativity and impatience. There was a feeling from some members that he was an author testing out a new storyline or a sophisticated troll. The thread was put on hold as he stopped providing further chapters. The mods sent him messages but he didn't reply to them so the thread was closed.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Time to bump my own thread with some blatant self promotion . Below is a thread i did on the thylacene or as many may know it , the Tasmanian tiger .

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

That is one reason I joined!!

Take your time reading it and realize it is kind of coded. Some is fiction but there are other parts that are not.

If you ever see a triangle then you'll know that it is not BS. I know this because I've seen one... sort of.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Jusst read the whole thread and i must say the OP is amazing , not everything believable as you said but amazing none the less . I wonder why it was closed .
A link to astrOs thread , good read , do yourself a favour .

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Hey mate! I understand where you are coming from with the tidal wave of Trump and US politics currently swamping ATS even after the election result and inauguration are long over. But ATS is like visiting a large pub or bar. Inside are a few good friends, a number of people you bump into occasionally and exchange a few polite words, many people you are totally unaware of and a few irritating characters spouting their views in the loudest of voice in no uncertain terms. You can't change the clientele and what they have to say. At the end of the day they keep the place ticking over.

This is the only way to counter it.

Firstly thanks for mentioning my Berwyn UFO thread. Although that was only the third one I'd created on here and I consider far from my best. Although it's a fascinating case. I've authored a lot more since.

If I had to pick a favourite one I'd authored then I'd probably say it was :

Revisiting the 1952 Washington DC UFO Flap

I learned a lot whilst researching it that changed my perceptions of what had happened over Washington DC in the summer of 1952. But I don't want to appear to be self promoting my own threads too much. So I will recommend a thread I thoroughly enjoyed participating in .

The Gulf Breeze Saga (Part II) : UFOs, the Gulf Breeze 6, and the End of the World

The story is rather bizarre. It's linked to the late 1980s Gulf Breeze UFO sightings rather loosely. It involved a bunch six US military personnel of the 701st Military Intelligence Brigade deserting their base in Germany in the belief they had to kill the Anti-Christ. Somehow they managed to leave Europe undetected and arrive in Florida....We unearthed a lot of facts from this case and someone who was on base with them at the time also joined the thread.....Fascinating stuff.

Oh and the Astr0 thread is entertaining as hell but has holes in the story.

edit on 18/2/17 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Thanks for the reply . Its not so much an attempt to change the people visiting the pub but more of an attempt to get people to visit the front bar so to speak . Lots of people complaining about Trump threads so it was an attempt to have them promote their ow or other peoples favourite ATS gold . My biggest mistake was not putting it on the conspiracy side of the site like Agent008 did . Yes Astros thread has holes in it but it was pretty well done and the way he basically said thats it and does not come back was a nice touch . Anyways thank you for replying and i will check out your recommendations . Maybe this thread might get a second wind or maybe it will chug along as it has .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join