It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Russia is considering handing Edward Snowden over to U.S. to "curry favor,"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If Snowden would have just exposed the facts about the US government and it's citizens, he would be a hero. Unfortunately he did much more than that, and exposed US foreign policy secrets, and that makes him a traitor. I don't hate Snowden, he helped wake a lot of people up, but I also think he should be in prison for the rest of his life for conspiring against the interests of the US.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Snowden said that NBC's report was "irrefutable evidence that I never cooperated with Russian intel.

"No country trades away spies, as the rest would fear they're next," he said,

So Snowden himself likes the NBC report, thinks it clears him of ever being a spy. If it is Fake News why does he like it so much to even comment on it?

Source

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It doesnt clear him although he can certainly try to spin it that way. It could also mean Putin is hanging him out to dry and doesnt need him anymore - IE Russia got all they could from him and are done.

Either way Snowdens statement has nothing to do with the charges he faces in the US.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Source NBC

Hahaha, Trump wins again.

Really? Does Trump 'win' on this? Or is this just one more piece of the Russia-Trump Admin quid pro quo? I'll bet you this move just gets the rest of their sanctions lifted and an agreement on START. Trump wins again, my ass. You people are so naïve.

edit on 11-2-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: Syphone
Fake news……hope the orange face buffoon dismisses this as well, or does he..?

Not likely.

Trump tweeted: "Snowden is a spy who should be executed."

Trump tweets a lot of things.

Talks about too:

Edward Snowden, the man at the heart of the NSA information leaks, is nothing but a “traitor” — and America ought to recreate history in dealing with him, real estate mogul Donald Trump said on a “Fox & Friends” interview.

In other words, execute him, Mr. Trump implied.

“I think Snowden is a terrible threat, I think he’s a terrible traitor, and you know what we used to do in the good old days when we were a strong country — you know what we used to do to traitors, right?”

Video

Trump is hardly one to talk
If running to Russia or China is grounds for treason, then Trump among many others should be charged as well since he ran off to Communist China to make a buck which has hurt this country

I get it though you can get in bed with North Korea if there is a buck to be made even when it hurts this country
If you spill the beans on the Nazi Police State though, you are a traitor lol, wait what?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Rússia will have got everything they want out of him by now, so why not give him back to look as though they are 'friends'

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
If Snowden would have just exposed the facts about the US government and it's citizens, he would be a hero. Unfortunately he did much more than that, and exposed US foreign policy secrets, and that makes him a traitor. I don't hate Snowden, he helped wake a lot of people up, but I also think he should be in prison for the rest of his life for conspiring against the interests of the US.

We need to take this further though, not just with foreign policy secrets
Exposing foreign policy secrets hurts US interests but also creating Trade Pacts with Communist Nations has hurt this country as well and is a major foreign policy disaster.

Worse still, these trade pacts were hatched in secrecy by the Biggest Banks and Business in the country in meetings at Bilderberg, CFR and so on.

If Snowden gets charged with Treason for the damage to this country then a lot of Big Business people that purchased politicians to get in bed with Communist China need to be charged as well

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I would imagine he likes it because, even though there are things attributed to a shadowy unnamed official, the story does provide properly attributed quotes regarding his extradition being a fantasy.

"Team Snowden has received no such signals and has no new reason for concern," he said.

For what it's worth I agree with TruMcCarthy. The guy did something necessary but too much and jacked it up when he fled to Russia.
edit on 11-2-2017 by Noncents because: Expanded Upon

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Story came from NBC.. .thats a CIA channel.

Assess your sources and start again. This story has no evidence to support it.. Hoaxbin.

Whats you beef with privacy.. You dont want any of it.. In that case leave your toilet door open every time you use the bathroom and work out how that makes you feel..

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He is not going anywhere. Russia has made that clear. Infact they have just extened his residence by several years..

Shame on you for supporting NBC CIA state fed propoganda...

An anaylst has stated that intellegience says that it may be an option..

kek.. another #fakenews story...

Wish ATS would filter out fake news sources...!

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Not likely.

Trump tweeted: "Snowden is a spy who should be executed."

He did...in 2013! That was more than three years ago. His perspective may have changed since then. On the other hand, from the OP article:

CIA Director Mike Pompeo has also called for Snowden to face American justice. "I think the proper outcome would be that he would be given a death sentence," Pompeo said last February.

so perhaps his perspective hasn't changed at all. The Pompeo quote is about a year old, so a little dated as well.

Edit to add:
Also, has anyone seen more recent commentary by Trump on Snowden? I've seen that 'traitor should be executed' quote dragged out every time Snowden gets brought up. Has he commented on Snowden more recently? Within the last year? Anything would be interesting to hear, nothing at all could be informative as well I think in its own way. If Trump has gotten all quiet or is avoiding questions on the issue, that may mean his perspective has indeed changed.
edit on 11-2-2017 by TheBadCabbie because: addendum

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Please forgive and correct my ignorance. What 'US foreign policy secrets' did he 'expose'? I'm drawing a blank on this. I don't recall him actually ever compromising any operational security with his revelations. Perhaps I just missed it. Please elaborate.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

So apparently when I posted I didnt believe it you just ignored it so you could attack me..

check...

grow up.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Y'all........ It appears NBC is playing us and it's a little bigger than just an "unnamed" source.

On Jan. 18th The New York Times said Maria Zakharova, "a spokeswoman for the Russian Foreign Ministry", said former acting director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Michael J. Morell suggested Russia should extradite Snowden as a gift.

On Feb. 10th the NBC story breaks, attributing allegations that Snowden was being considered as a gift to an unnamed "source". Those allegations were denied by a Russian government official and Snowden's own lawyer.

On Feb. 12th (today) Snowden tweets that he is hearing threatening rumors. A look at the rest of his current Twitter feed gives me a feeling that he is concerned but it appears to be about some comments he made on Feb. 8th about a new Russian security policy. I also wouldn't overlook his arrogance in his recent Katie Couric interview.

Now, who is Michael Morell? He is blamed for "whitewashing" Benghazi and is on record endorsing Hillary Clinton. Why should he be suggesting Russia do anything?

Dot, dot, dot.

a reply to: TheBadCabbie
Check this out. What Snowden exposed did mess with our ability to spy abroad. Now, that was 2015. More recent articles about the issue give the impression that it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. It's a tough one, he did what needed to be done. In doing so he had to expose things that should have remained secret. What do you think about Hillary's stooge being behind the Russian gift scenario?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents What do you think about Hillary's stooge being behind the Russian gift scenario?

Trying to prop up their Fake News claims that Trump and Putin are BFF's, Russia fake news election tampering etc?

Nobody believes their crap so they feed this stuff out to the public to see if it helps?

Maybe they are worried Putin would actually offer Snowden up, putting another feather in Trumps cap of campaign trail rally talk coming true, so they preemptively feed this out there to try to paste it onto their fake news Russia claims?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

a reply to: TheBadCabbie
Check this out. What Snowden exposed did mess with our ability to spy abroad. Now, that was 2015. More recent articles about the issue give the impression that it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. It's a tough one, he did what needed to be done. In doing so he had to expose things that should have remained secret.

Oh I'm sure Snowden's revelations about nefarious NSA activities has adversely affected their operational capability, but that's not the same thing as compromising operational security. Good riddance I say. I had a more lengthy post here that I deleted because it didn't feel right, so I guess I'm still forming my more complex opinions on this issue.

I found an eff report on govt spying while I was reading up on this stuff:
www.eff.org...

Anyhow, I agree that he did what had to be done. He came forward because these guys were trampling the constitution as far as I can tell. I can't fault him for that. I'm not even sure that he's broken any laws.

What do you think about Hillary's stooge being behind the Russian gift scenario?

Perhaps...could just be that regurgitated, I don't know. The article certainly seemed weak on sources to support its title.
edit on 12-2-2017 by TheBadCabbie because: to add the good riddance part

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
lol about the trope that Trump and Putin are BFFs, it's getting old.

The two never even met!

I have to look at the whole situation, from the election onward. Manning getting his sentence commuted or amended is something Assange wanted to see. Assange was wildly anti-Hillary & DNC, yet Obama issued the "pardon"...? Doesn't that seem reversed?

So, it's easy to follow that all of these "whistle blowers" worked in Trumps favor, or were again anti-Hillary. So, with Trump winning, shouldn't they be rewarded, or at least vindicated? Assuming yes, but obviously Trump could not publicly hand out these things....so Obama did it, but why?

Chatter is that Hillary being prosecuted or not is coming down to the wire with Sessions being sworn in, plus Trump stating during the election he would have someone "look into her situation".

I say whatever deal was made between the parties is still on, after having electoral college, a peaceful inauguration, etc.
Their may be a show trial where these whistleblowers are found "not guilty", making Trump "look bad" after prosecuting them, when in fact it's the outcome that he really wanted, the outcome that seems appropriate.

The victors write history.
edit on 12-2-2017 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
CNN, The ‘Trump Dossier’ and ‘Fake News’

In a “breaking news” story that unfolded on the evening of February 10, 2017, breathlessly recanted by a succession of on-air hosts, CNN reported that “multiple current and former U.S. law enforcement and intelligence officials” had informed the news organization that conversations between Russian officials, intercepted by U.S. intelligence services, provided “corroboration” of certain aspects of the so-called “Trump Dossier,” written by a former British intelligence officer named Christopher Steele. Steele had worked for British Intelligence (MI6) in Moscow during the 1990s, and after he left active service started his own business intelligence company.

CNN chose instead to breathe life into a discredited dossier whose very existence screams partisan politics. It is one thing to report on the nuts and bolts of a story about the politicization of intelligence. Deliberately using CNN’s journalistic cache to give credence to highly politicized intelligence that everyone in the informational chain of custody – including the journalists involved – knew (or should have known) was factually unsustainable, is something else altogether.

That is the very definition of “fake news,” and in this case, at least, CNN is guilty as charged.

click link for article...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join