It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell is wrong with some people.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: RomeByFire

If he threatened to rape me, I could get behind that.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh God that it NOT what I meant.

I meant I could behind the posters comment Hahahahahah reading that in that quote sounds awful.

What I meant is that if the dude ONLY threatened me, I wouldn't give a # and this thread wouldn't have been made to be honest.

But - he brought my girlfriend into it, when she hadn't been engaged in the conversation, so I really can't chalk up to "well, what do you expect on FB."

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

That's a relief.

Stay level headed and don't let fear get to you.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Facebook doesn't have the language restrictions of ATS, stories like your make me appreciate what we have here.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I agree with snarl.

Never ever let them take you to a second location.

My gf has a phd in Forensic psychology and what I have learned from her is sobering.

She wrote a paper on murder statistics for the state of Alabama outlining every incident for 5 years. It is jaw dropping. People are unpredictable and savage. Do the right thing. Be safe.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I am deeply sorry to hear you and your gal are being harrassed. Bad behavior is bad behavior, and I hope the authorities make life seriously inconvenient for that jerk.

He sounds like a rapist using politics as a cover. Not like someone who gives a fig for issues.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
She wrote a paper on murder statistics for the state of Alabama outlining every incident for 5 years.

Sounds interesting. I don't suppose her paper is online, available to read?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
That's awful. Trolls of that sort are not worth the response nor the time it takes to make one. It is usually the soft and weak who engage in online bullying.

I've gotta disagree. In fact I see this argument everywhere and it drives me bats#.

This might be tmi, I don't know if you want to know this but some use it to get into a fight. Some people, online is another bulletin board. I keep seeing this argument "oh they're just using it to enjoy in the warm crunchy goodness that is the internet, and etcetera etcetera, and "weak people bully" and ad nauseam when it seems more like the hope of the other person and not the target of scrutiny. Some use it to try to score a sparring partner in a nearby town. The use or mention of "info," "ddos," "threatening to out the person's "anonymity" is a weak gesture imo. They're looking for a hookup in the form of a fight at the same time meeting others.

Threatening rape of girlfriends is going way too far. You never mess with the fam.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

If he threatened to rape me, I could get behind that.

No no no no no-

I get this-

He's saying "take it to me, and not the wife" (or girlfriend) because I can handle it.

I don't think it's literal.

Imo the guy went too far with threatening his gf.
edit on 5-2-2017 by breakingbs because: spell

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear about this situation you are in. I too have my own belief, but this is a good example of the device state of this country. We will never all agree, we were never suppossed too, but until we can sit down and talk to each other as human beings we will be lost. There is much common ground.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh yeah I forgot to add..

I wasn't referring to Facebook as much as just the internet in general.

"Face" book I don't know about. Maybe it's format leads to stalking.. Yeah you should probably try to avoid that one.

But that's as much as I'll try to get into that one. Caught up at the moment..

edit on 5-2-2017 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I quit going on Facebook,it got to when I would open it up read the endless BS,about illegal's,Libtards whining constantly,and for no reason,and my blood pressure would go up,much better without,and I've learned to live without knowing where someone ate dinner,kind of like it used to be

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I see you've encountered the social media Trump army. At this point, I've just stopped thinking about the death threats I constantly receive for posting anti-Trump memes or posts. To anyone doubting there are A LOT of people like the one that contacted the OP, just go to one of the 50 or so conservative pages that spew completely fake news stories that are eaten up by people, and read the comments. Stories with titles like, "You won't believe what Trump just said that has liberals lining up at our borders!" Or some other clickbait BS.

You'll see everything from how the left should be rounded up and euthanized to being deported. My older family members like and believe what a lot of those pages say, so I constantly see them on my timeline. What's funny is that any comments critical of Trump are instantly deleted.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

If you would like to read some of her paper I can PM you.

But I'm not going to post it here.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Sounds like you were attacked by one of those antifa types...

I got attacked by someone on FB over a stupid math question. Dude filled my messages saying some TERRIBLE things. Terrible if you're sensitive, I mean. Then came the 30 or so memes calling me stupid, white trash, etc. etc.

Over a math question that I happened to answer correctly. Lol.

He even went so far as to send me a photo of a FREAKING MATH TEXTBOOK to try and prove he was right & I (and everyone else) was wrong.

I did eventually block him but not before I did some detective work...I found his name, his employer, even his nursing license number. Then I sent him a message that included all I knew about him and asked him how he thought his employer would react to his behavior, etc. Found his GF too and asked him how she felt about him messaging other women on FB lol.

Needless to say, he STFU and I blocked him.

Too many crazy AF folks out there these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join