It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probiotic bacterias - a hidden agenda?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sorry I don't really see a conspiracy here, just maybe some probiotic scams.

Probiotics are obviously good for your body, the definition is literally "good bacteria". By some estimates 90% of the cells in the human body are non-human and in fact bacteria. So a healthy microbiome makes for a healthy body.

The bad bacteria in your gut produce endotoxins(Look up gram negative bacteria) that are mildly bad for you. They are fat soluble toxins, so if you eat more fats you run the risk of absorbing more toxins. These bacteria thrive on refined carbs/sugars. The toxins are believe to contribute to heart disease. Saturated fats themselves may not be the direct(or complete) cause of heart disease, but simply act as a transporter for endotoxins which then leads to blood vessel inflammation. I think the scientific consensus at this point is that endotoxins are bad, and we don't really know about saturated fats.

However, if you have a healthy microbiome low in bad bacteria the negative health effects of consuming fats could be significantly reduced. By how much? I don't think the data is available on this yet.

As for the scam... What is the point in consuming yogurt with live bacterial cultures if its packed with sugar? It will just feed the bad bacteria. What's the point in taking probiotic pills if your just eating breads/pastas and not enough veggies? Simple solution is eat more plant foods with lots of fiber to feed your good bacteria, ferment your own foods like sauerkraut at home, and if you need to use store bought probiotics make sure it doesn't have added sugars.

Normally raw foods contain lots of bacterias on them including good/bad. Since most of us wash food nowadays (and we probably still should) we are losing the good bacteria as well. This is why home fermented foods are good for that extra boost.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thanks!

I was working offline, the only link I could get was a paper. Thanks for the better link.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join