It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A visual treat for any fleet air arm lovers !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
just came across this and instantly knew I needed to share with you guys !!

link
pic one
pic two
pic three

The images in this post were taken by World famous aviation photographer Rich Cooper over the Cornish coastline, near Falmouth, during the RNAS Culdrose Air Day on Jul. 30.They show two extremely rare privately owned aircraft: the sole flying examples in the world of a Sea Vixen FAW2 (G-CVIX/XP924) flown by Simon Hargreaves out of RNAS Yeovilton and Seafire Mk.XVII (SX336/G-KASX), flown by John Beattie.

I actually have the Airfix kit of this specific vixen I've been trying to get the guts to build- it's too good a kit to make mess of I need it to be perfect

for some reason I can't directly insert the images ive checked off addblock etc but maybe its coz im on a chromebook-? if anyone can please edit to insert images thankyou!!

edit on 1/2/17 by urbanfox because: The question/problem/request

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: urbanfox

Beautiful pics !

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Gorgeous!

Great post

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I love Sea Vixens, and I too made a lovely Airfix kit of this, although it was when I was a kid and there was lots of gluey fingerprints on it :-)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Lovely pics i too love the Sea Vixen such a pretty looking aircraft. I use to love going down to Cornwall, every time we were there we would visit Culdrose to see if we could spot any aircraft movement.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

here you go

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the new wallpaper.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Glad Y'all liked the 'show' lol, out of interest this is the kit I'm trying to get the guts to work on site but I also have a pair of Airfix gloster javelins vying for my attention too link

I am firm'ly of the belief this was truly the golden era 60-80's for UK aviation ...sadly never to be repeated I fear

new topics

top topics

join