It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churchill bust takes center stage as Trump, May reaffirm special relationship Jan.27 2017

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

lol i can't believe i missed that!!

glad i don't have any

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well whether he is or not, He's a hell of a lot better than secondary choice which really wasn't much of one.

I know people are still skeptical about Trump, Liberals for the most part, but honestlly.. It's going to work out, He's more than capable and people just need to chill out and give him a little time to really prove himself, he's already doing it now. One week in!
edit on 28-1-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: LuXTeN

The realities of post Brexit Britain are looking a bit shady , first schmoozing Trump for trade yesterday and today Erdogan , I hear Kim Jong-un is looking for friends.

I guess May is doing what she has to do , the bust of Churchill is a prop being used by an inadequate President for his own benefit.

They will join us or perish.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

lol i can't believe i missed that!!

glad i don't have any

In that case, your my kind of gal.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”

Omarosa Manigault

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

He's a hell of a lot better than secondary choice which really wasn't much of one.

I'm not sure that's true but you did face a choice between Dumb and Dumber , I don't think anyone should have voted given that choice , if you were in a restaurant you'd have sent it back for a refund.

Personally I would prefer Trump didn't reinstate the bust.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I viewed it as a symbolic gesture to getting the Allied powers back together. Russia, the US, and The UK. Trump and Putin are itching to snoodle their noodles, the UK is just along for the ride.
Enemies=China, Brown people (aka Muslims that won't play nice with their easily accessible oil), and just a stink eye cast at Germany...no war this time.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think this whole Churchill Bust issue has been blown way out of proportion.

The bust in question, by British sculptor Jacob Epstein, was given to President George W Bush by the British government in 2001 and was placed in the Oval Office. But the statue was not donated, it was simply on loan for Bush’s term in office (a loan which the British government decided to extend when Bush was re-elected in 2004). Churchill disappeared from the White House in 2009, when the loan ended at the same time that Obama moved in.

So how was the White House able to claim in 2012 that the bust was still there? When writing the blogpost, the then communications director Dan Pfeiffer simply neglected to mention the fact that there are two Churchill busts – the one on loan to Bush from 2001 to 2009, and a second bust which the White House has had since the 1960s and still has to this day – a fact which Pfeiffer later had to clarify in an update at the end of the post.

Boris Johnson is wrong to claim that the vanishing Churchill bust symbolizes Obama’s antipathy towards Britain – it was never Obama’s statue to give away. But the White House’s initial claim that the bust was still in the Oval Office was also a convenient spin on the facts.
www.theguardian.com...

The Churchill Bust was actually in the Executive Residence, outside the Treaty Room.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We all have our opinions, I'd have voted Trump if I were there, but I disagree with the dumb comment the only dummies I can point out are the ones who've been running America into ditch for the past several decades.

It's a bust, it's symbolic. If it were a shrunken head, i'd probably have the exact same opinion I have now about it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
I viewed it as a symbolic gesture to getting the Allied powers back together. Russia, the US, and The UK. Trump and Putin are itching to snoodle their noodles, the UK is just along for the ride.
Enemies=China, Brown people (aka Muslims that won't play nice with their easily accessible oil), and just a stink eye cast at Germany...no war this time.

The UK heads a Commonwealth that includes a substantial percent of the Global population and some formidably armed nations. It is not the imperial power it once was, but it still has some considerable influence, hence the permanent seat on the UN Security Council and its participation in the G7, G20 etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

That's exactly how I'm feeling about it too.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Resistance is futile ?
You may be right but we should be friendly at a guarded distance because as with Rome before it Americas time as top dog may be coming to an end.

Can Trump play a fiddle ?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Resistance is futile ?
You may be right but we should be friendly at a guarded distance because as with Rome before it Americas time as top dog may be coming to an end.

Can Trump play a fiddle ?

That is a sensible approach that I would not stand against, as long as we do not allow over caution to rob us of future possibilities.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Churchill was a racist megalomaniacal narcissist that went so far his own party overthrew him.. just saying.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The really bizarre thing is that some liberals are actually trying to pretend that this means ONLY Great Britain and Israel are U.S. allies now, because having good relations with them again somehow means the rest of the world won't want to play ball!! The panic is becoming a bit surreal!!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The liberals are really good at pretending and pushing things like this, things that clearly aren't true. It's like all they live for is chaos. If the libs from the 70's saw the libs today they'd be horrified.

Time to take the 'lie' out of liberal. 'no offense personally to anyone on this forum who is one'.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The liberals are really good at pretending and pushing things like this, things that clearly aren't true. It's like all they live for is chaos. If the libs from the 70's saw the libs today they'd be horrified.

Time to take the 'lie' out of liberal. 'no offense personally to anyone on this forum who is one'.

I hope they'd be horrified! Then again, maybe they are, and that s why I keep encountering people who call themselves "reformed leftists", who are now speaking and acting much more like conservatives!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

This could be yes, indeedy lol

Churchill warned people about Islam as well. This feels to me like a hidden statement that people are NOT going to put up with the cult of Islam in our Soverign Countries.
edit on 8-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

This could be yes, indeedy lol

Churchill warned people about Islam as well. This feels to me like a hidden statement that people are NOT going to put up with the cult of Islam in our Soverign Countries.

Let's hope so!!! Some clearly prefer destruction to freedom, and they are making that known loud and clear. At least, they are making it easier to identify the enemy!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I think half of it atleast is the fault of the Education System. Dumbing people down, free phones, people are fast becoming wimps who can't think on their own without their collective group of college students to hold their hands so they feel better.

Ugh Someone Make it Stop!!! lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join