It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trudeau cabinet on retreat to prepare for Trump presidency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale
Trudeau had best bring his A game, Canada generally doesn't come out on top in trade disputes with the Americans.

At a White House event Sunday, Trump said he had scheduled meetings with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto.
"We're going to start some negotiations having to do with NAFTA," Trump said.
"Anybody ever hear of NAFTA?" he said. "I ran a campaign somewhat based on NAFTA. But we're going to start renegotiating on NAFTA, on immigration, on security at the border."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Justin can bring what ever game he wants ,A+ will still only make him a puppet to the bigger players . Kind of a dangerous position for a fall guy or at least someone to be thrown under a bus for the greater cause . Pepe Escobars latest is one of his new gems imo . Want a little insight on what Trump is up to ? Want to see if you can read between the lines ? A must read www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Kissinger and Dr. Zbig "Grand Chessboard" Brzezinski are the two foremost, self-described Western dalangs – puppet masters – in the geopolitical arena. In opposition to Kissinger, Obama's foreign policy mentor Brzezinski, true to his Russophobia, proposes a Divide and Rule centered on seducing China. Yet an influential New York business source, very close to the real, discreet Masters of the Universe, who correctly predicted Trump's victory weeks before the fact, after examining my argument offered not only a scathing appraisal of those cherished dalangs; he volunteered to detail how the new normal was laid out by the Masters directly to Trump. Let's call him "X".

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I am on the fence with Kevin but if we end up needing a fiscally charged hard a**, he's the guy.

I didn't really have an issue with Harper's economic policy, he is the reason we did so well post crash, even a jaded man who hates him like me can admit that.

The overall problem was his social issues stances and climate stances. He's an old Draconian member of the Western Alliance Party. He was never a Conservative really.

So if Kevin can mostly keep his mouth shut about things that aren't economic and don't affect him personally and speak words of support for the right issues at the right times, he'll be a shoe in and the next election won't be a read sweep.

~Tenth

Maybe his wife can keep him in line.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
By the time NAFTA will be legally re-negotiated between Canada & the US ( and trust me, things won't change much as the US benefits more), Trudeau will already be re-elected and swimming in billions of Cannabis Taxes.

The Tories # the right wing bed too hard, the majority of CDN's aren't swayed (and in fact despise) the political arena like the US. Interesting article, CDN's actually didn't like Clinton either, they wanted Bernie....

TheStar

To give Americans an idea on the CDN voting mind, we don't like hate, we don't like divisiveness. Give us the facts and how you'll help. Our election cycle is 6 weeks with limited/capped donations. American political styles don't sit well with us.

The Tories lost the past election for the same reason they lost the Campbell / Chretien election in '93. Negative campaigning. Hate and fear.

Having said all that, yes I agree with most, this will be a test of the Trudeau Jr. teams resolve, power and ingenuity. As mentioned, NAFTA actually benefits the US more and I'm happy to see us try and level the playing field. Infact, this will be effectual, as it brings the TPP forefront again, something I don't agree with and something I was excited to see Trudeau not sign off on and send it back to the house.

Fun CDN Political Fact: After NAFTA was originally signed by Conservative leader Brian Mulroney and Clinton / Bush, the next election ( the Campbell / Chretien cited above), the Conservatives, in existence since the founding of Canada, were reduced from a strong majority of 156 seats to just 2, completely decimated. They were forced ( manipulated ) to join with a right wing party called Reform Party/Canadian Alliance. This was really the first Teaparty 1.0 experiment by the Birchers in Canada.

CDN 1993 Election Wiki

Conservative Attack Ad Wiki

~ETA~ O'Leary is a joke, google his so called accomplishments. The Conservative Party's legitimatize will only go down if he's nominated. He's just trying to gain relevance again by riding on Trump's media coat tail....ego.

~ETA2~ Trump's Presidency will only drive Canada further left, unless Justin #s the bed himself.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Connector

~ETA2~ Trump's Presidency will only drive Canada further left, unless Justin #s the bed himself.

Good chance of that happening if he continues with his agenda of making energy more expensive here.

Stephen Schwarzman doesn’t think Canadians have much to worry about these days.

Schwarzman, an American investor, billionaire and adviser to U-S President Donald Trump, met with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s cabinet Monday morning here in Calgary.

Schwarzman says Canada has been a great partner of the U-S and despite a ‘change climate’, things should go well in future discussions.

www.660news.com...
edit on 23-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join