It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Boeing moves the big stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I get the fortunate opportunity to see these extra long loads driving down the highway on a regular basis. It is pretty cool to see the trailing end with the guy in it a few inches off the road. These and the trucks hauling the 777 engines area sight to see.

Triple 7 engine on it's way home:

edit on 11-1-2017 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I keep telling the other half we need to do that job, especially the back half, but for some reason she keeps telling me hell no.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman
I thought at first you were talking about the Boeing 747 Dreamlifter operated by Atlas Airways. I can't post pictures, but wiki has a blurb on them. They fly right over the farm on their way to Charleston, SC.

Boeing 747 Dream Lifter

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

That's how they get the parts to Washington. Some of the parts are produced locally, or the Dreamlifter will go into Boeing Field instead of Everett. Instead of a five minute hop, they truck them.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I've gotten to see them a few times too. Neat to see them split them in half to take cargo out.

edit on 11-1-2017 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I recall seeing the long load on 405 headed to everett and once an engine, but the engine wasn't covered so it was freewheeling in the wind.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

The drivers that haul those engines would gladly slit each others throat to get one of them. That's a big money haul there.

top topics

join