It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's newsmagazine chimes in: "Russia’s American coup "

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Fair enough, I apologise.

Tenth

I appreciate you saying so, but there really is absolutely no need to apologise my friend. I joined this site because of the lively debate and I stay because of the well mannered way in which it is conducted.

Meh, I can be un-mannered as much as the next person and being called out for it is a good thing when done the way it was done by you.

Having good manners means admitting when you're wrong and moving on with the conversation in a tone that was better than the previous. Thank you for checking me on that

But can I ask, is there anything specifically in Canadian liberal politics that you could point to. I'm not a partisan, I very much hated the last conservative Gov because they royally screwed just about everybody and so far, Trudeau hasn't had the same kind of effect.

It's a bit too soon to say he's doing an excellent job, but I feel like he's at least doing an adequate job.

~Tenth

I would have to answer no to that question as I don't live in Canada and have no direct experience of what the government has or has not done. With a very few exceptions I consider politicians in general to be on a par with lawyers and dog waste.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I think that the Canadian news magazine is siding with the wrong reliable sources of time magazine either that or they are just in and infected with Hillary madness.
www.mrc.org...

Did I miss something? Did the article to which I'd linked mention Time, unconsciously leading me to select it as a comparator to explain Macleans to a narrow worldview? Or could our dear Marg simply have seen the name, ignored the content provided and pushed the Liberals are Bad! button on full automatic?

...and the MRC is a right-wing echo chamber. Your point?
edit on 13-12-2016 by JohnnyCanuck because: it needed tightening up.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Macleans is Canada's best-respected current-affairs magazine. Sort of like Time, but with a decidedly conservative slant. They have picked up on the Russian gambit in the recent election, and are taking it pretty seriously. So this isn't from any left-wing echo chamber or right-wing deniers.

I think we'll be living in interesting times for a while.

The U.S. is finally waking up to the fact that it has been turned into a subordinate ally to Russia, thanks to Putin and Trump Russia’s American coup

Interesting article, and good summary.

I hadn't followed Wikileaks (other than to roll my eyes in disgust at the constant flood of "It's HERE" which seemed to be timed to hammer down Clinton every time her numbers god good) and didn't realize that they ALSO hacked the Republicans.

I think they'd sing a different tune if the Russians who were feeding Wikileaks also released the Republican emails.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
I think they'd sing a different tune if the Russians who were feeding Wikileaks also released the Republican emails.

I've been very busy not going there...lol! In fact, some may note that I poured myself a large cup of STFU on election day.
The only point that I am attempting to make is that America's friends are starting to remark. I think it would be a mistake to blindly dismiss the article as a partisan hit piece, though some inevitably have.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I have come to the conclusion with soo much media propaganda and hear say type of accounts from so call reliable sources, that what is going on in America is not so much a Russian hack but a very well concocted agenda to see how gullible we Americans are when it comes to those that represent our nation and are the political elite in power.

The FBI and the CIA are two agencies that while different from each other the right now, in front or our own eyes, are playing with the American public.

The only thing that worries me is, is this a test of wills to see how fanatical America politics are or is just a more nefarious purpose behind it.

Can we trust anything, I mean anything, this days, after the elections? Are we now living on opinions?

Magazines, news media local and outside the US, can we trust our government or the security agencies that now are becoming activist.

I wonder, I guess I am ranting now. I need a vacation

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I need a vacation

That's something we share...and you're probably not even getting snowed on!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I am no kidding, JohnnyCanuck I will be leaving for the Caribbean to spend the holidays with family in PR, I will try to stay away from ATS. The whole political stuff is getting to me and my sanity.

I am taking my children and my daughters boyfriend.

I will just got to the rainforest and shower with spring water to clear my mind.
then go to the beach and cleanse in the sea from the bad vibes.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I am no kidding, JohnnyCanuck I will be leaving for the Caribbean to spend the holidays with family in PR, I will try to stay away from ATS. The whole political stuff is getting to me and my sanity.

Have fun! Politics ain't everything!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Not angry about trans people, just the government compelling people to play along with their delusion through force.

Um....sure thing.

Do you think the government should force people to think and speak the way they approve?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Not angry about trans people, just the government compelling people to play along with their delusion through force.

Um....sure thing.

Do you think the government should force people to think and speak the way they approve?

I think that if one is going to indulge in public arseholery, there ought to be a price to pay. If don't like somebody who identifies as trans because you find them 'delusiona'l, that's your right. If you want to discriminate against them, then they have the right to seek recourse...because as a country, we aim towards higher standards of behaviour. You don't like our society, either move or run for office and base your platform on your phobias. Good luck to you.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

And you consider not using their preferred pronouns is discriminatory?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And you consider not using their preferred pronouns is discriminatory?

Here's the deal...you have a problem with trans people, and I don't. You are allowing that particular lens to affect a discussion of the reporting of Russian interference in America politics. There's not a lot I can contribute to that type of exchange, so I'm just going to wish you a Merry Christmas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join