It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Lawmaker Trolling Trump By Introducing "Drain The Swamp Act"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Trump made a promise. Put up or shut up. Those who support Trump are not helping the American citizen by making excuses for him. He made promises to Make America Great Again. Let's hold him to it.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Does it have anything in common with the 'Cute Puppies and Cuddly Kittens' Act?

If it's anything like the 'Affordable care' act....

Let's get to the bottom of this:

The DRAIN the SWAMP Act (Deter Revolving-Door Appointments in Our Nation; Stop Washington Appointees from becoming Manipulative Petitioners), H.R. 6476, would require a five-year ban, barring anyone who serves as a political appointee from lobbying for five years after they leave the Executive Branch. The bill would also permanently bar any individual appointed to the Trump Administration from lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

defazio.house.gov...

H.R.6476 - To amend the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 and the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938 to restrict the lobbying activities of former political appointees, and for other purposes.

www.congress.gov...

No other information on bill as of yet, wait to see the text before making any assumptions. I like to read the bills first, instead of passing them and then finding out what's really inside.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Gothmog

But it's just a bill which will put in place policies that Trump himself also called for.

So they're Trumps ideas, only it will actually make them official.

So why wouldn't he want to do them???

You know... I used to think that the only way to get conservatives to do the right thing is if they think it's their idea. But now I'm starting to think that, even if it's their idea, if a liberal tries to help, it suddenly becomes a "liberal agenda" or something.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't read all the comments since the OP.

Based on the information we have, I can see a couple of tweaks that would make this proposed legislation "good":

1. Make it ten years ban, not five
2. Apply the ban to Congress, Congressional Apointees, and include staffers

If we can't ban lobbyists completely then I think these modifications would go a long way towards the "stated" purpose of the legislation (even though we all know the stated purpose isn't the actual intended purpose).

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Anyone else find it interesting that this thread and the idea itself seems to be ignored by the Trump supporters out there.

Any other thread about Trump is crawling with them either with their blind support or them attacking it from all sides.

Yet when you have a topic about actually holding Trump Accountable in some way they all seem to act like there is nothing to see.

I find that very telling.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Trump supporter. This is a fantastic idea. I hope it passes.
edit on 12 11 2016 by Baldryck because: Was a blank post

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Anyone else find it interesting that this thread and the idea itself seems to be ignored by the Trump supporters out there.

Any other thread about Trump is crawling with them either with their blind support or them attacking it from all sides.

Yet when you have a topic about actually holding Trump Accountable in some way they all seem to act like there is nothing to see.

I find that very telling.

Why do people think this is holding Trump accountable. People do realize hes not even in office yet don't you? Trump has zero power to do anything about this yet people are acting like he is ignoring it makes no sense. Bottom line is its exactly what Trump wanted and it appears a democrat is willing to carry the water for him. All0 he0 0has to do is set back and let him do the lifting and the great part is it was his idea so he gets the credit.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I look at things logically , reasonably , and intellectually

Yeah right, like calling this guy a loon just because he's a Democrat?

If you were any of the above things you wouldn't have supported Trump in the first place.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Trump made a promise to release his tax returns.....

We have all seen how worthless a promise from Trump actually is!

Yes you're right, however he never made a promise to what day, what time, what month, or what year.

Please enlighten us to some facts about how worthless Trump promises are?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Trump supporter, hope it passes. Trump said a similar thing. IT is actually smarter to have a democrat do it, it prevents dems from trying to block a bill bc trump and his party want it.
Way better than a GOP member introducing it.

who knows maybe trump put him up to it.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was thinking drain the swamp meant that he plans to purge it of it's predatory element;

lizard people! J/K

But am serious about the predatory elements.

The swamp is full of predators.

You can take your pick what I mean by predators.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Now that a Democrat supports it then it must be bad policy.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
I am a Trump supporter and I believe the Bill is a good idea.

I believe Trump will support this Bill, let's hope it passes.

Trump made a promise to drain the swamp.

This is a Bipartisan issue everyone should rally around

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join