It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad diy, if your not good at something then just don't do it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Ouch, you were done there, sorry to hear that.

I could have done the new complete ceiling in a day, and even with someone labouring for me, I'd have made a tidy coin for £800!
Depends on size of your room of course but you can get full sheets of insulated boards for less than 30 quid, materials wouldn't be much, they never are.

what a robbing [insert banned word]

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Plastering is the final finish, and going back on topic, your plasterer hides everyone else's # work.
People pay for the final finish.

...and silly factoid, it actually makes me angry when I create a perfect wall or ceiling and some crap decorator ruins it with brush or roller marks in the paint they slap on.

Honestly angry!
Spoiling something beautiful....#ing pretend trade day workers.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Plastering is the final finish, and going back on topic, your plasterer hides everyone else's # work.
People pay for the final finish.

...and silly factoid, it actually makes me angry when I create a perfect wall or ceiling and some crap decorator ruins it with brush or roller marks in the paint they slap on.

Honestly angry!
Spoiling something beautiful....#ing pretend trade day workers.

Yeah, every trade thinks they are the best and every other trade is overpaid and useless but have to agree that a good chippy, a good spread and a proper deccy(and by that I mean a proper craftsman who charges proper money and takes a real pride in his work) can work together to fix and cover up any manner of balls up and lazy mistakes by plumbers builders and sparks.

Here's a question to a spread, a mate of mine who is a bloody good one alwas says that a plasterer is there to make a smooth finish suitable for painting and levels are not part of it? I recon he is lazy and it is a right pain to fit a kitchen in a pissed room and he should at least meet part way and resolve some of the issues. What's your take on it.

PS. once I thought he was being a bit lazy so after I studded a wall I left a screw just sneaking out and he dinged it and went apeshizzle about how long it would take to get the ding out, never did that again and would get paranoid about doing it again and go round checking every last screw .

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh sometimes I'm working with the worst boarding so I'm building up with bonding coat first to get a level.
I produce straight lines, and I think of who is after me. Most plastering jobs I've got the tiling job to follow.
I know what annoys me with lazy plasterers if I've followed up with the tiling.

*edit*
I've got a mate who gets all stressed when he gets screws sticking out.
I tell him to quit his bitchin, should have checked when prepping the job and just bashed them in with a hammer.
He is a whingebag though.
edit on 6.12.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join