It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We are REALLY Up Against...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

America is better than a lot of other countries. There is nothing wrong with that. It is not propaganda and it doesn't indoctrinate anyone into believing that we are more virtuous or righteous. We may be a wealthier nation, or cleaner, or have higher standards of living than some others but to say that makes us believe we are more righteous or virtuous is a lie.

The propaganda is in making people think that it is wrong to celebrate your accomplishments and to instead share your wealth until you are in need as much as those you shared with in the first place.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

America is better than a lot of other countries. There is nothing wrong with that.

Ok. What purpose does it serve to pat ourselves on the back for that achievement, other than to hold it against other nations and inflate our own egos?

It is not propaganda and it doesn't indoctrinate anyone into believing that we are more virtuous or righteous.

Yes, it does. Just as Reagan said, many have come to believe the US is a shining city on the hill, blessed by god himself as a beacon for all other nations to look towards.

The propaganda is in making people think that it is wrong to celebrate your accomplishments

That is not what I am talking about.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Been saying almost exactly this for decades, glad to see that others are waking up or at least speaking out.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

America is better than a lot of other countries. There is nothing wrong with that.

Ok. What purpose does it serve to pat ourselves on the back for that achievement, other than to hold it against other nations and inflate our own egos?

It is not propaganda and it doesn't indoctrinate anyone into believing that we are more virtuous or righteous.

Yes, it does. Just as Reagan said, many have come to believe the US is a shining city on the hill, blessed by god himself as a beacon for all other nations to look towards.

The propaganda is in making people think that it is wrong to celebrate your accomplishments

That is not what I am talking about.

If u haven't noticed, mostly every country's citizens thinks theirs is the best. Nationalism isnt a bad thing. Look at the World Cup and tell me that other countries don't feel just as much pride and exceptionalism as Americans do. It's only because America truly was the greatest and best country that people had a problem with it.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I think that it's a confluence of things that surround a few simple themes.

One, is collectivism vs. individualism, another, involves that frame, as a point of leverage by which to "rule" but moved into a globalist context and agenda amid the dissolution of nationalist particularism in favor of global governance, and a third involves the top-down, divide and conquer methodology.

Furthermore, lurking in the background of this framework of people and ideas and the various mechanisms of governance within national and global institutions resides a very cold-hearted monster of sorts, which hides it's trident or sceptre in the left hand. So what we're really seeing or at least starting to see, I think, is a satanic structure and worldview involving the stratification of a global society and civilization along class and ethnic lines in favor of the realization of this plan and plot or agenda to quite literally "take over the world" and "rule" according to some kind of social engineering experiment funded by the likes of George Soros. It's the place where the left meets the left hand path.

And indeed that agenda did appear to involve dispensing out of the only indispensable nation to, yes, take it down a peg or two to level the playing field, while working, at the intuitional level, behind the scenes to move, not to the healthy functioning of a global village, but to the establishment an emerging global state.

Here in Canada, we knew, instinctually, that Harper was all in on the NWO scheme, so we threw him out in a Landslide.

In the UK, they understood that their individual national sovereignty involves the ability to control and issue laws, a process which was being usurped by the administrative bureaucracy in Brussels, so they voted to get out.

In the US, we have the Trump phenomenon.

It's coming in Italy, and a whole host of European countries.

The people, both individually and collectively have seen enough and we're just not buying or buying into what they're selling any more. It doesn't pass muster, and they can't hide it either, thanks in part to organizations like WikiLeaks.

The "elite" globalists and collectivists and even the MSM as their propaganda arm are on the run...! Anderson Cooper is looking absolutely shell shocked, and as if he's been crying.

It's a wonderful thing to behold!

And we have the Internet!

Oh the sweet joys of victory however big or small..

In parting I offer this, as a wonderful thesis and blueprint of sorts as a solution to the fundamental problem, elements of which are merging with the Trump camp via people like Roger Stone and others from "Freedom Force", so it was a good idea whose time had come.

The way of evil and the left hand path is like the blind leading the blind, shepherding and discipling others along the paths of destruction and the absorption of the individual as a "massman" to be herded, collectively, from a purely elitist POV where the very few rule the "masses" (it's not servant leadership that comes not to be served, but only to serve).

But they've lost the narrative and the course and flow of history, at the place where such imbedded structures fall like dominos one by one.

May the light of Individual Civil Liberty dawn over our collective horizon, instead.

It's already happening, but it's a dawning sun that doesn't envelop the head of Barack Obama, or Donald Trump's for that matter.

The 20th century was the century of the self. The 21st century will be remembered as the Century of the Human Being, and the latent power and performance of the individual as an active historical participant in progressive change for the better, which is our true purpose and proper function as free people in a domain of as yet unrealized possibility as we begin to move into the gap of the divided middle between what is, and what should be.

The future belongs to us now. Time to get cracking..

edit on 2-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The entire tone of your response implies that acknowledging your accomplishments is akin to arrogance and ego. It is simply the truth and as such deserves the respect of not being hidden or cowered away from. America is a great nation. Some nations aren't so great. That doesn't mean I have been indoctrinated to believe that we are more righteous or virtuous than anyone else. It just means I can see other countries that have a lower standard of living and fall far behind in categories such as human rights. That doesn't make me arrogant or self righteous. It makes me honest and observant.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The entire tone of your response implies that acknowledging your accomplishments is akin to arrogance and ego.

I think that acknowledging accomplishments is fine. Stating that one is exceptional above others is arrogant.

America is a great nation. Some nations aren't so great. That doesn't mean I have been indoctrinated to believe that we are more righteous or virtuous than anyone else. It just means I can see other countries that have a lower standard of living and fall far behind in categories such as human rights. That doesn't make me arrogant or self righteous. It makes me honest and observant.

That's exactly what it means if you are only looking at the standard of living and human rights, while our standard of living is propped-up on gluttonous, wasteful consumerism and we commit atrocities against our fellow humans all across the globe. We compromise the integrity of governments and economies of other nations and have the audacity to call ourselves exceptional?

While I think you are being honest, I think it's very short-sighted.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Semantics.

I don't think it is short sighted. I am just not willing to devote the time and energy of creating a tally board for every single measurable value that can be used to compare one nation to another. Especially knowing that in the end, even if the numbers are by some miracle accurate, people will argue anyway over which ones are more important.

You can nitpick the argument to death if you like. And you can be as upset and disappointed with America as you like. I am proud to be an American and I love my country. And yes, I do think it is exceptional. I am not saying it is perfect. Just exceptional.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Speak for yourself Metallicus. I've served for the U.S.A. And I'm very proud of it. No hidden agenda here. Just keeping on keeping on like the majority of Americans have told the world.

Just 'cause you're a fiscal conservative doesn't make you a know-it-all.

Your Friend,
Jenkinswasher

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Guys no offense but this 'awakening' has been going on for a very, very long time. For over a decade its the same thing, over and over.. Reagan is the anti-christ, Bush Sr and Jr are Anti-Christ, Clinton is the anti-christ. This is and has been going on. Almost back since JFK days. Guy we all now love and admired split the country. Roosevelt the devil. It goes on...and on.. It's the same arguments..

+ Take away Constitution, mortgages will close, world war, doomsday, globalist agenda. One World Government..

Yet up until last decade its accelerated. Mainly because of wikileaks, YouTube, MySpace was a great social media. I was participating and working with militia groups and it was great. Not alot people know about how strong the militia movement had gone. Some that literally had begun working on aerial defense.

I seen Bush (Reagan), Bush, Clinton, Bush.. it was obvious what was happening. Almost 100 year old conspiracy was in effect. To Obama, the anti-christ, and now Trump.

It IS obvious that Bush had major influence with the Clintons. They are big fans. I remember Clinton and Bush played the absolute Good Cop Bad Cop that I've ever witnessed. They did systematically break us
down. Rise of the UN, Rise of the EU, Patriot Act, Military Commission Act.. It was a great time for conspiracy.

However, you guys fail to point out resistance. Point out being a blind sheep walking into the slaughter. Fail to see the ones like Ron Paul who tried to change. It is obvious that he would have been for the people, by the people.
The Patriot Act Ended, The European Union is falling, and the United Nations stand divided as ever.

Yet here we are. Hilliary who is apart of this political scandle and a guy who doesn't want to be president. For years, and years, and years Trump has been a thorn in the side of these people. Said he doesn't want to run but it depresses him seeing where we are going. His own party tried to shut him down and he still prevailed.

People are standing up. Have BEEN standing up. Now we are being heard.

Globalist Agenda? C'mon... Trump is a Nationalist. He, like Ron Paul, want to better foreign policy with better trades, bringing buisnesses back to America, pull troops and cut our bases in unneeded countries. He wants to dismantle everything done IN THE PAST DECADE.

Why didn't Ron Paul win? Why can't we win? When you have lobbist like George Soros and these powerful elites simple people can't compete. It becomes who can get the most funding. Ron Paul was shrugged by the news, his campaign imploded and we was robbed. Now, if he had the power and wealth as Donald Trump it would have been much better.

He's a radical. He wants these people in jail. Drain the Swamp. He is giving people, and you, what you've screamed...and cried..and bitched about over the past two decades. Now you have it so you repeat.. nothing on here makes much sense.

Why the bubble should pop? Let it. We as conspirators in End The Fed days literally tried to pop the bubble. For our own interest. Wanted to investigate gold in our vaults, end the federal reserve, and finally coin our money since 1918. Bubble has to pop. It's a bad system designed to pop. However, do you think Ron Paul had the economic know how? He's great man, but no. He's a politician, not a billionaire who runs multinational international buisnesses. He has been bankrupt, yes, who hasnt? I sure as hell have. Why? System is rigged and he knows it. He wants to change it. Only way to reboot the system is to crash it. It's not so easy to take millionaires money and redistribute a new economic system. Ron Paul even admitted it needs to pop.

You think he likes China? Of course not. It's a shame an evil communist country is building it's superpower but guess what?It's from bad US buisness practices. If it's highway robbery here and no true projection of success, and moving China is a three folds program of success you have to take China. At least you have your buisness. It sucks having one here. It's crazy hard. I know it, Trump knows it, anyone with buisness knows it.

How do you bring back our buisnesses? Simple. Illegal immigration hurts buisnesses, not helps. It just doesn't lighten a taxed to death businessman to run illegal practice because he dont want to loose everything he has. It haulted the increase of minimum wage while increasing it's taxes and raising the cost of goods. Why do goods go up? Because people who barely making it as buisnesses finally had half of his total deficet. Supply and demand. By lowering illegal immigration, tax payers money can go back and relieve these buisnesses. Not a lot of people understand tax pays for loss and damage, that rose when illegal immigration rushed this nation. Tax paying money to feed, clothe, and sheltering illegal immigrants to cause us a Stress System. Why? Probably to push Whites to better jobs while distribution of poor minorities work the low jobs. It doesn't work like that. Trump understands that. Buisnesses pay for this..you pay for this. By banning and strict laws you not only stop radical terrorism from entering our borders, but saves this country well over billions of dollars a year. Save billions of dollars, you can increase minimum wage while also lowering buisnesses employment insurances, unemployment, and frees more money in pocket of ones who try to capitalize in our capitalist system.

Involvement with Russia? Russia isn't the nicest country but on contrary it's no brainer that Putin is very intelligent man who wants the best for his country. Who like us, have elite string puppets. Remember after Abe died the Czar did too? Czar was our best ally if you was Union and after their death both countries have been in this puppet game. Putin feels he has to rig elections and rule with iron first or like others, will be drugged out of palace and murdered and Doomsday race begins. Now, a lot of people don't see just how close to world war three we got. Russia, Middle East, North Africa, India, Brazil and China was about to take on North America and Europe. It was for sure Obama and Clinton put Russia in stress and in the corner. Now, like in Russia, America has a true nationalist. They respect each other and are working together to establish a missing friendship that had been long forgotten. Why is that? Cause Trump and Putin are NOT apart of the globalism agenda that Putin was about to face against. Not even President and prevented almost End Times Global War. Now, Trump and Putin agreed that past American leaders have installed likes of Sadam, terrorism like ISIS and others yet NOW Putin sees its safe to work with America and stop it once and for all.

So yes, it's in effect to go BACK to the middle east. Not alone this time but with backing of an old friend. It's not that Trumps REPUBLICAN WAR, it what needs to be done. Bush made alquida, Obama made ISIS.Now Trump and Putin are going to drain the middle eastern swamp.

Drain the Swamp? Trump has admitted to puppet masters pulling the strings of a tightly knit organization and plans to end it. Right now the media and others are scared to death and will constantly push for Trumps assassination like every other president who we sacrificed and allowed through propaganda. This is bad thing? No one else running is witch hunting these people.

Nationalism isn't a bad thing and infact makes a lot of people here sound ignorant as hell and contradictive.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Of course we should aim for exceptionalism, that's different than being confident in your exceptionalism. And what do we mean by exceptional? Exceptional wealth?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thats normal, look at history, people group up and try to control other groups. If any of you come to power, you will exploit liberals and think its for the better of America. Bushes and Clintons think making one world is better for America. May be they know something you dont know.
edit on 3-12-2016 by suvorov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Regarding the "bubble bursting". Its inevitable, has little to do with Trump. We have had a Ponzi scheme for a monetary system for going on 40 years, just paper money no backed up on anything. The money powers have so convoluted the financial system to hide it that they have and are losing control of it. Its only a matter of time before it all comes crashing down, and whoever the sitting president is will have very little to do with it. You can blame Trump if you want but he will not be the reason the economy crashes.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Everything you said was correct when referring to the problems of globalization that only serves the interests of the ultra-wealthy powermongers and their corporate war machines. But you missed one simple fact; and it is the most important fact:

A NARCISSISTIC PSYCHOPATH serving elite interests will not solve these complex power problems. When Obama was elected as the "rebel-revolution" for the people, he was a junior senator who had written almost no legislation. Yet the first thing he did was to bring into the power of his administration long term globalists and entrenched bankster elitists. He then proceeded to CONTINUE A PREVIOUS PRESIDENT"S insane policy - "the war on terror" [for multinational oil corporations]. No new president, elected with a rebellious mandate, has ever in American history refused to make new policy on the issue he was elected-for, and so fervently followed the wrong, insane policy of his predecessor than did Obama...until now.

We see trump, the spoonfed, insane narcissistic psychopath, doing exactly what Obama did. Trump's "rebellion" is no different. He has already appointed every elitist hater of American freedom and equality possible, and will continue to betray the voter's mandate, and we will have the same old globalist, ugly-culture thing happening here again.

Just like insane Bush, sellout Obama, and elitist-planning-to-betray-us-all psychopath trump....we will be stuck within an insane, ugly culture ruled by psychopaths who cannot manifest heart or beauty toward the betterment of creating a healthy culture for for future generations we will see the same ugliness, probably worse..

the current system is a lose-lose game, as the election and the sad destruction of the last best-character of the American people through media-enforced-division of the working classes, and their sad, ugly-based, global-elitist controlled, corporate greed culture clearly shows.
edit on 5-12-2016 by jayfkntee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I was out with my buddy yesterday and he is still giddy about Trump winning the election and was talking about how crazy the Democrats like Obama, Pelosi and others sound. I realized that he didn't yet understand what we are really fighting and why Democrats and even most Republicans sound like idiots and keep taking actions that don't make sense.

The actions of the Establishment Dems and Repubs make perfect sense if you understand their Globalist agenda. They don't put America first because they actually want America to be knocked down a few pegs. They want us to NEED Government and they want us to have to work with the U.N. and other Globalist establishments. They hate the idea of American exceptionalism and they don't care that people in the U.S. don't have jobs and have a lower standard of living than a decade ago.

FOLKS...this is their plan and is by design.

We are not fighting Left Vs. Right. We are fighting Libertarian/Nationalist ideas Vs. Authoritarian/Globalist ideas. Stop fighting each other and understand the Democrats and most Republicans DO NOT want a stronger, better America. They want to weaken our country through bad trade deals and poor programs like Obamacare.

We are fighting against people that don't want to put America first and that want to take our Freedoms and the enemy is made up of people on both the Right an the Left.

Trump is not one of them and he is actually making choices that will benefit the American people and for this he is called racist, crazy, and hateful. Wake up...this isn't a Republican/Democrat thing it is a freedom thing.

Anyway, I had my friend depressed by the end of our talk, but he understands now that all of the illogical decision and counter-intuitive choices made by our leaders are actually perfectly logical when you remove the assumption that they are trying to work in our best interest.

The moves made by Bush Jr. and Obama made perfect, logical sense.

Many people just don't realize that their goals are NOT yours.

"Trump is not one of them and he is actually making choices that will benefit the American people and for this he is called racist, crazy, and hateful. Wake up...this isn't a Republican/Democrat thing it is a freedom thing"

...oh man
what you re doing on a site like this..?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Do you actually know who the Establishment is? Maybe it's you.....and we're just fighting a Dip# who knows no better

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jayfkntee
Everything you said was correct when referring to the problems of globalization that only serves the interests of the ultra-wealthy powermongers and their corporate war machines. But you missed one simple fact; and it is the most important fact:

A NARCISSISTIC PSYCHOPATH serving elite interests will not solve these complex power problems. When Obama was elected as the "rebel-revolution" for the people, he was a junior senator who had written almost no legislation. Yet the first thing he did was to bring into the power of his administration long term globalists and entrenched bankster elitists. He then proceeded to CONTINUE A PREVIOUS PRESIDENT"S insane policy - "the war on terror" [for multinational oil corporations]. No new president, elected with a rebellious mandate, has ever in American history refused to make new policy on the issue he was elected-for, and so fervently followed the wrong, insane policy of his predecessor than did Obama...until now

We see trump, the spoonfed, insane narcissistic psychopath, doing exactly what Obama did. Trump's "rebellion" is no different. He has already appointed every elitist hater of American freedom and equality possible, and will continue to betray the voter's mandate, and we will have the same old globalist, ugly-culture thing happening here again.

Just like insane Bush, sellout Obama, and elitist-planning-to-betray-us-all psychopath trump....we will be stuck within an insane, ugly culture ruled by psychopaths who cannot manifest heart or beauty toward the betterment of creating a healthy culture for for future generations we will see the same ugliness, probably worse..

the current system is a lose-lose game, as the election and the sad destruction of the last best-character of the American people through media-enforced-division of the working classes, and their sad, ugly-based, global-elitist controlled, corporate greed culture clearly shows.

cheers-up, an amen brotha

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join