It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican Has Paid Close To $4 Billion To Settle Child Molestation Lawsuits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

It is clear that the organization of The Catholic Church, is an enabler and protector of pedophiles.
All of those good, honest, hard-working folks, dropping $5 into the collection pot, are in a state of cognitive dissonance.
They think they're helping poor kids, but that's a convenient half-truth.
Disgusting institution!
Put them all on a deserted island, with a bunch of Wall-street bankers, and let them go at it.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

It is clear that the organization of The Catholic Church, is an enabler and protector of pedophiles.

Absolutely spot on.
How can any man think they can go through their whole life without having sex?

Does the catholic church assume they are to masturbate the rest of their lives?
Lets face it, it does.
But every virgin wants to know what sex is like, even a virgin priest. Those thoughts will only go away when they do have sex. As we know a catholic priest cannot be seen to flirt or chase after women.
So its either men or children.

And children are the easy option...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You would think that a business (which it is ) would want to rid itself of the people who cost them so much money. ....I guess they think God is going to sort it out.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: superman2012

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

I wish we could put an end to it for good

There is an obvious solution here. Get everyone to stop being Catholic.

Easy for me to say, I know.

But if I belonged to ANY organization with this type of history, I'd simply stop being part of that organization.

Interesting. I wonder if any Catholics would like to chime in here. What are your thoughts on this?

I know people wouldn't stop being Christian because of the KKK, but these molesters are supposed to be chosen by God. I'm interested to see how someone can justify their belief because of this. Any takers?

(sorry if anyone responded to this already, this made me think once I got to the second post.
)

Well, "Christian" is not an organization.

The "Catholic church" is.

I was simply saying if I were Catholic, I'd stop being Catholic, or at least I'd stop practicing Catholicism in the traditional way, meaning I'd stay as far away from the organization of The Church as possible.

If one's faith REQUIRES them to participate in said organization, I'm afraid that's untenable. No organization owns my soul.

Catholic is a branch of the Christian organization, but we are just arguing wording.
The KKK started out as a Christian organization and my point was that if people don't stop being Christian because of them, most Catholics wouldn't stop practicing just because of a pervert in some other church, or some guy that doesn't represent them at all now.
My post wasn't meant for you, it just made me think of that question.
I think all religions are the source of most of the problems on Earth.

While I admit we're arguing wording, the definition of the word "organization" is fundamental to understanding what I meant in my original post, so I will clarify it, just so I am not misunderstood.

An organization, as I define it, is a single monolithic entity with a consolidated heirarchical reporting structure, such that those running lower offices report to (and take direction from) those running higher offices.

In that sense, the Catholic Church is an organization.

Just like IBM. Or Ford. Or Scientology.

If I worked for Ford, and Ford displayed a history of enabling and protecting Pedophiles, I would STOP WORKING FOR FORD. I wouldn't stop driving all American cars.

On the other hand, Christianity is not an organization. It is a faith. There are hundreds of thousands of individual Christian Churches, many of which are not affiliated with any other. One can, in fact, be a Christian without ever attending church at all. So, the point here being that there is no centralized structure in Christianity capable of enabling and protecting the KKK (to use your example). That doesn't mean certain Christians might not have done such a thing, and to be clear, if I were a member of a church that had condoned the KKK, I'd quit that Church.

I would not stop being Christian.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Dang.

Note to Self: Next time you get molested, make sure it's by an official of the Catholic Church, or someone else with deep pockets, and not just some dude in an alley.

Dudes in alleys dont molest. They procure.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers
I would, and have, stopped going to churches because they don't represent anything (to me at least) that the religion teaches. They represent (along with their "leaders") everything that is wrong with religion.

While I wouldn't classify myself as a Christian, I was brought up under that title and try (and fail) to live up to the ideals set out in that religion still. It's funny that the Golden Rule is just about found in every other major religion, and I wonder how different the world would be if everyone who classified themselves as religious, would act like it.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
In 2013 the vatican raised the age of consent from 12 to 18, yes you read that right 12 to 18 because of all the SCANDALS...! Why does the vatican have an age of consent?!?!?!?

www.gaystarnews.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Only 4 Billion?

The way that lot goes at it, i would have thought a hell of a lot more...emphasis on hell.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Redback

Gaystarnews as a source for a Vatican Story - I love the Irony :-)

But back to topic: I think the catholic church should be banned from anything that involves minors.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Yes i know.lol
I was in a hurry and that was the only link that i could find within the time i had (honest..!)

The whole vatican should be raided and their own police system taken down, it is evil.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: Redback

But back to topic: I think the catholic church should be banned from anything that involves minors.

Another clue that we all live in an insane fantasy/simulation, holographic world.

Otherwise: in a sane world, we would see something like this:

"We, the people of the World: Fathers/mothers, sisters/brothers, sons and daughters; based on mountains of evidence, we hereby condemn the organization of The Catholic Church, The Vatican, and all of it's members and employees, as dangerous to the well-being of the children of the world.
We label them: "Dangerous offenders", and prohibit them from any further contact with any person under the age of 18.
Any member of said organization, breaking this rule, shall be sent for some vacation time in a maximum-security prison, and put in a cell with a victim of child-molestation.
Any parent, willfully putting their child in harm's way, and in contact with the aforementioned organization, shall have their parental rights withdrawn, until such time as they can prove their return to competence."

But what are the chances of something so right and logical as that happening?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join