It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: I may not repeal Obamacare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
So long as the mandatory existence tax is repealed, I am content. It is literally the one and only thing he needs to do. Remove the mandatory existence tax.

It can't be removed. You don't get car insurance after the accident. Insurance as a system only works if you force people to buy it before they need it. If you can't deny people for preexisting conditions, then you have to require that they have insurance. The only way you can allow people to opt out is if you also start denying them for getting sick.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnite247
Fair play.. Your. Hopes/analysis. Sound good on all points.. Its naive on my part but I was expecting/hoping after the rhetoric, that when he won he would come straight out with it. He ran the campaign on a "look folks im not beholding to any of these, im one of you" .. So I was "hoping" on announcement he would keep it GoIn " I won it, Im indicting Hilary, these usual suspects are gone, and 4/5/6 other things he was looking to do.. Instead we get what? Congrats to Hilary, conciliatory meetings with Obama? Potential cabinet based on the usual insiders.. He has displayed nothing that a typical insider wouldn't display.
I get HES not in there yet so yes it's a preemptive rant.. , and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, But still... U get where I'm coming from. a reply to: In4ormant

It's almost like he's acting as if he's a responsible human being that's genuinely interested in governing.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
or maybe we will just allow them the opportunity to figure it out. A Majority House and Senate should make it easily possible.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Aazadan
or maybe we will just allow them the opportunity to figure it out. A Majority House and Senate should make it easily possible.

In the end they'll do what they'll do, but I'm talking about how insurance works. You can't let people not have it, and avoid the premiums only to be able to get it at no penalty when they do get sick. That's single payer, not health insurance.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
OP.... the republican replacement deals includes just a few of the obamacare peices. Its just th ecrappy parts that are going to not be used. Unless he uses the entire ACA its not obama care anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
He is already being presidential!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
OP.... the republican replacement deals includes just a few of the obamacare peices. Its just th ecrappy parts that are going to not be used. Unless he uses the entire ACA its not obama care anymore.

The trick is to confuse people with black and white interpretations so the media can set up a straw man argument. they will focus on the process of change as opposed to the change itself.
The reality is no one gives a flying frak about Obamacare or Trumpcare or whatever, or the wording of either. People just want choice, quality and the lowest prices possible.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
the so called Cadillac plans tax also should go . if i want to pay more so i can get insurance with out a high deductible that should be my choice. insurance companies don't like them they would rather you pay for a plan with high deductible and make you have an fsa that you lose if you don't use it all up.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

Because looking like a beaten puppy beside Obama is presidential...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: Substracto

Because looking like a beaten puppy beside Obama is presidential...

You mean the Obama who had to eat crow and spend 90 minutes with Trump in a schedule that was supposed to be 15?
I look forward to the day that Trump shows him the door and moves in, then he can get on with fixing the mess Obama created.

This one will be remembered forever. Obama...face...egg.

edit on 12/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

no, because he said one thing but is doing another

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So? He wasn't before then? Is that what Ur saying? I'm going to indict hilary, im going to build a wall, im going to cut ties with nato , k, I won, actually that was all crap , im now genuinely interested in governing. If I can't hold you accountable to what you say before your in, as your own man, what chance do I have when you are in when you have 50 voices telling you what to say? reply to: Aazadan

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnite247
So? He wasn't before then? Is that what Ur saying? I'm going to indict hilary, im going to build a wall, im going to cut ties with nato , k, I won, actually that was all crap , im now genuinely interested in governing. If I can't hold you accountable to what you say before your in, as your own man, what chance do I have when you are in when you have 50 voices telling you what to say? reply to: Aazadan

No. His campaign persona was that of an irrational nationalistic blowhard. His usual public persona is that of a salesman with the memory of a goldfish. His moves since winning the election, even if I don't agree with all of them have been reasonable.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
CAmpaign is a nationalistic blowhard... Personality is a salesman with memory of a goldfish.. Now in charge HES reasonable? Simple logic here suggests he was one thing.. Now in the inner circle saying what they want him to say? Tell me I'm wrong? It makes no sense otherwise. And fyi I don't want a president with a "persona".. If Ur gonna bullsh to get a job, fair play, but don't be surprised when ppl call you out on it after a reply to: Aazadan

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
December 6, 2016

Uh oh.. It looks like the hospitals are panicking because their GOLDEN GOOSE is about to be put out to pasture...

""The nation’s hospital industry warned President-elect Trump and congressional leaders on Tuesday that repealing the Affordable Care Act could cost hospitals $165 billion by the middle of the next decade and trigger “an unprecedented public health crisis.”

The two main trade groups for U.S. hospitals dispatched a letter to the incoming president and Capitol Hill’s top four leaders, saying that the government should help hospitals avoid massive financial losses if the law is rescinded in a way that causes a surge of uninsured patients.""

Source Article: www.msn.com... tanntp

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join