It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A gentle breeze, more than words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This feeling has been growing inside of me for months now, I couldn't quite place it. I'm standing in a green pasture, I hear the wind gently blowing through the trees, over the grass. The sun is warming my face, the dew is fading as the sun quietly makes it's way through another day.

Something is different, something ominous, a feeling like this that has no place for what surrounds me. I hear a song playing in the distance as a car makes its' way along a gravel road, the words are a warning the Ancient One is coming. Realization hits me like thunder, my blood runs cold, the Great Evil has awakened and is quickly arriving. I fight off the feeling of despair, it is meant to be, I take stock of my surroundings, taking deeper appreciation to the life bustling around me.

An eagle flies overhead, crows nipping at its' wings, they still live in the moment what tomorrow brings is not on their minds. A fox is jumping in the distance, trying to catch grasshoppers on the other side of the field. The squirrels are chattering their concern, they are no longer as playful with predators around, but in time those worries will be over.

I close my eyes, listening to my gentle breathing, every breath a prayer acknowledging my creator. The air rushes in filling my lungs... 'Yahh'.... an ocean of calm envelopes me... I release my captive oxygen.... 'Wehh'... whatever troubles that comes, it is not without purpose, it is not without meaning.

The hammer will come, to mold us into something stronger. I wish this beautiful moment, this serene calm I feel, would last forever, but it has no meaning without the contrast of the pain and suffering to come. My thoughts wander, I see a vision of the past, a world unmolested by evil, a world that was not prepared for it. What is to come, will come, I will be ready, to create a better world after the storm has gone.

The wind shifts, a storm is coming.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I felt transported to there.

Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thanks!

Thought I'd start moving away from political threads, and start sharing more random thoughts. I'm not a writer, but I'll try my best.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Well, I'm not either but I think that you may be a writer.

I enjoyed it anyhow so thanks again!

edit on 30-10-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thought provoking. Good job!

top topics

join