It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China warns US not to meddle in border row with India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
in.news.yahoo.com...

Beijing, Oct 24 (IANS) China on Monday slammed the US after its envoy visiting Arunachal Pradesh, warning it not to meddle in the border dispute between New Delhi and Beijing. After the US ambassador to India Richard Verma went to Tawang in Arunachal which abuts Chinese border, Beijing said such acts will make the dispute more "complicated" between the two countries and "sabotage" peace in the region.

China claims a huge chunk of India's northeast state Arunachal Pradesh, which it calls as South Tibet. Verma visited Tawang to attend a festival.

I wasn't aware India and China were having border disputes. I'm very aware of India's and Pakistan's very real border disputes recently!

Did he go just to visit a festival? If so, that's awesome and I wish I did that but was that the only reason for his visit or a clever alibi? Like I said, I wasn't even aware this was a thing but has tensions between India and China also been rising? Either way, the Chinese are not happy and I can understand why.

"It will only make the dispute more complicated, disturb peace and tranquillity of border areas and sabotage the peaceful development of the region," Lu said.

"We urge the US to stop interference in boundary issue between China and India and make more commitment to regional peace and stability."

Lu said the boundary issue between India and China was complex and sensitive and interference by a third party would heighten tension.

Lu maintained that China's position on the eastern sector was "clear and consistent".

"Two countries are now trying to resolve territorial disputes through negotiations and consultation. Any third party should have sense of responsibility and should respect efforts made by China and India for peace reconciliation and tranquillity rather than opposite.

"Behaviour of the US runs contrast to efforts by China and India," Lu said.

"At the end of the day, only the peoples of the two countries will fall victim. We believe India and China have the wisdom to properly handle the dispute," he added.

If we are there to meddle, which I could totally believe, then I completely understand China's concerns. And too boot, with India's tensions with Pakistan being on high alert I'm sure India isn't looking for any trouble with China, imo. The US, as of late, hasn't been to successful at bringing peace to a nation. We usually bring death and disorder, see: Middle East.

What does the US gain from meddling? Hurting China, then India and, probably, Pakistan?
edit on 24-10-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

As the fiat money becomes more worthless in the global economy, and central bankers realize their overly-inflated bubbles are on the verge of bursting, we will see much more of this type of thing.

The next 15 years are going to be a wild ride...
edit on 24-10-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Soon they'll be taking over Perth. Hey, why not Sydney? New York? Surely they must have a claim for New York?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
That's an interesting border dispute. I don't know much about it. It's sometimes to easy to forget that there are disputes we don't generally hear about that exist as potential flashpoints for the unexpected international crisis or event. Heightened tensions between two very populous Nations both with nukes and a common border can't be a good. Any regional or world power should be interested in at least observing what is going on. However, I'm inclined to say that this is Chinese and Indian business at this point, we should observe but let them settle it between themselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

India and China have fought 3 was so far.

A US ambassador to India visiting a location in India is not meddling.

While India-Pakistan make the news over Kashmir China also occupies a part of it as well.
edit on 24-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I had no idea these disputes existed. Having said that, it's pretty sad when a country has to explicitly tell the US to stay out of something.

We just can't seem to mind our own darn business. Perhaps we should close up shop and have a quick self improvement huddle for the next 4-8 years. Maybe try some yoga, or take up gardening...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
China.............. LOLOLOLOLOL,. The USA is making their Economy as good as it is. Lose the USA and good by China. Simple as that. Who is going to buy and sell their cheep knock off crap?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
China has been pushing on the Indian border harder for the last few years. That is one reason that the US/India/Japan have formed the Trilateral to contain China. China has also been pushing into the Indian Ocean. In return India has sent ships in the South China Sea.

India also does not know if it can count on Russian support against China so it has moved much further into the US camp. Including the US becoming India biggest arms dealer.

In this case what China considers meddling is just visiting the area. Just like they get mad when the Dali Lama visits the US of somebody from the US visits Taiwan.

Obviously India already has a massive Army ad that to the terrible terrain in the area and of course nobody is talking about actual US involvement. The US is helping India build a real aircraft carrier to her more advanced than China as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I had no idea these disputes existed. Having said that, it's pretty sad when a country has to explicitly tell the US to stay out of something.

We just can't seem to mind our own darn business. Perhaps we should close up shop and have a quick self improvement huddle for the next 4-8 years. Maybe try some yoga, or take up gardening...

The irony of your comment...

China telling the US to stop meddling when the ambassador is in India. Maybe China should not meddle in Indian affairs.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
China has border and territorial disputes with every neighbour - except Tibet who they invaded and now occupy. That is one way to sort out a territorial claim.

The last thing China wants is to be questioned about those claims. Just like the South China Sea. China wants no one (let alone the US) to question and object to expansionism, especially when almost all their neighbours are cowed and bullied into silence.

The Chinese and the Indians have gone to war over their borders, so quite a hot issue.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

China has been buying up gold,they are probably in process of new global currency,been selling off US bonds at a loss too,I don't know where you get your information,but they are in a better position then we are ,and the time is near

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
That's an interesting border dispute. I don't know much about it. It's sometimes to easy to forget that there are disputes we don't generally hear about that exist as potential flashpoints for the unexpected international crisis or event. Heightened tensions between two very populous Nations both with nukes and a common border can't be a good. Any regional or world power should be interested in at least observing what is going on. However, I'm inclined to say that this is Chinese and Indian business at this point, we should observe but let them settle it between themselves.

Actually they had a war in 1962 with india and china. china attacked india to take over areas of the disputed kashmir region basically. back then india was alot weaker with less military resources than they have now.

why you may ask.

its a mountainous region rich in precious metals and minerals.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
China.............. LOLOLOLOLOL,. The USA is making their Economy as good as it is. Lose the USA and good by China. Simple as that. Who is going to buy and sell their cheep knock off crap?
The rest of the world?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

they got soldiers facing of and taunting each other. its a powder keg

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: liammc

The rest of the world?

What? The rest of the world? Research the rest of the world... It is 3rd world fail.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The rest of the world?

What? The rest of the world? Research the rest of the world... It is 3rd world fail.

Your funny

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The rest of the world?

Your funny

Really? proof? Africa? Middle East? Russia? Come on now? proof?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Here is a website now the rest is up to you get out and see the world for yourself

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Here is a website now the rest is up to you get out and see the world for yourself

WTF are you on about?

new topics

top topics

join