It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Violins of Madness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You don't need to reply to this thread, this is just a tought I'm having, I'm writing because I think it'll help me deal with it.

I can feel it. A pulse in the air, like the tension of a violin string. Even as I stand in the darkness and the silence of the night, I can still feel it.

Madness.

Like a violin out of tune, its melody of insanity is running rampant across the world; it is tainting the soul of good men, it is traveling through words, and its siniter flowers are blooming with mankind's action.

Is this what it means to be human? If being human means to give in to primal instincts until reason chokes, if it means waging wars and finding new ways to be divided until men's souls are but fraction of their former selves, then I can claim no relation to it except through bodily appearance.

Nature is a great, large automaton which took half a billion years to finally create a handful of species which are truly self-aware. You would think that mankind would have decided to use this self awareness, this greatest gift of the Universe, to evolve. By the miracle of Time and evolution, the clock succeeded in building the clockmaker. But when I turn and look at those concrete, polluted hives humans built for themselves, all I see is thousands, millions of people walking in eternal circles. I see no wisdom, only desires - desire to get money, desire to buy material stuff to fill the bleakness of life, and desire to forget the sadness of their growing yet empty past. People whose similitude they break only by choosing random phone colours.

Then came insanity. Ladies and gents, this world is seeing a pandemic so terrible, yet so few know this. For this pandemic literally IS a virus of madness.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

T. gondii is one of the most common parasites in developed countries;[6][7] serological studies estimate that 30–50% of the global population has been exposed to and may be chronically infected with T. gondii (...)

Although mild, flu-like symptoms occasionally occur during the first few weeks following exposure, infection with T. gondii produces no readily observable symptoms in healthy human adults.[8][11][12] This asymptomatic state of infection is referred to as a latent infection and has recently been associated with numerous subtle adverse or pathological behavioral alterations in humans.

Correlation has also been observed between seroprevalence of T. gondii in humans and increased risk of traffic accidents. Infected subjects have a 2.65 times higher risk of getting into a traffic accident.[85] A similar study done in Turkey showed that there is a higher incidence of Toxoplasma gondii antibodies among drivers who have been involved in traffic accidents.[86] Furthermore, this parasite has been associated with many neurological disorders such as schizophrenia. In a meta-analysis, 23 studies met inclusion criteria. The results demonstrate that the seroprevalence of antibodies to T.gondii in people with schizophrenia is significantly higher than in control populations (...).[87] In more recent studies, it was found that suicide attempters has significantly higher IgG antibody levels to T. gondii as compared with patients without a suicide attempt.[88] Infection was also shown to be associated with suicide in women over the age of 60.

The more and more mankind seems to be drifting into madness, however, the more I stand up in defiance. I used to be depressed, but then I've decided that I wouldn't make it easy for darkness to get to me anymore. I don't have any desire to be accepted, or to follow trends. I have something so many seem to have forgotten: the will to become something more.

Darkness may fall over the world. But that doesn't make darkness the victor.

edit on 22-10-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
You don't need to reply to this thread, this is just a tought I'm having, I'm writing because I think it'll help me deal with it.

I can feel it. A pulse in the air, like the tension of a violin string. Even as I stand in the darkness and the silence of the night, I can still feel it.

Madness.

Like a violin out of tune, its melody of insanity is running rampant across the world; it is tainting the soul of good men, it is traveling through words, and its siniter flowers are blooming with mankind's action.

Is this what it means to be human? If being human means to give in to primal instincts until reason chokes, if it means waging wars and finding new ways to be divided until men's souls are but fraction of their former selves, then I can claim no relation to it except through bodily appearance.

Nature is a great, large automaton which took half a billion years to finally create a handful of species which are truly self-aware. You would think that mankind would have decided to use this self awareness, this greatest gift of the Universe, to evolve. By the miracle of Time and evolution, the clock succeeded in building the clockmaker. But when I turn and look at those concrete, polluted hives humans built for themselves, all I see is thousands, millions of people walking in eternal circles. I see no wisdom, only desires - desire to get money, desire to buy material stuff to fill the bleakness of life, and desire to forget the sadness of their growing yet empty past. People whose similitude they break only by choosing random phone colours.

Then came insanity. Ladies and gents, this world is seeing a pandemic so terrible, yet so few know this. For this pandemic literally IS a virus of madness.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

T. gondii is one of the most common parasites in developed countries;[6][7] serological studies estimate that 30–50% of the global population has been exposed to and may be chronically infected with T. gondii (...)

Although mild, flu-like symptoms occasionally occur during the first few weeks following exposure, infection with T. gondii produces no readily observable symptoms in healthy human adults.[8][11][12] This asymptomatic state of infection is referred to as a latent infection and has recently been associated with numerous subtle adverse or pathological behavioral alterations in humans.

Correlation has also been observed between seroprevalence of T. gondii in humans and increased risk of traffic accidents. Infected subjects have a 2.65 times higher risk of getting into a traffic accident.[85] A similar study done in Turkey showed that there is a higher incidence of Toxoplasma gondii antibodies among drivers who have been involved in traffic accidents.[86] Furthermore, this parasite has been associated with many neurological disorders such as schizophrenia. In a meta-analysis, 23 studies met inclusion criteria. The results demonstrate that the seroprevalence of antibodies to T.gondii in people with schizophrenia is significantly higher than in control populations (...).[87] In more recent studies, it was found that suicide attempters has significantly higher IgG antibody levels to T. gondii as compared with patients without a suicide attempt.[88] Infection was also shown to be associated with suicide in women over the age of 60.

The more and more mankind seems to be drifting into madness, however, the more I stand up in defiance. I used to be depressed, but then I've decided that I wouldn't make it easy for darkness to get to me anymore. I don't have any desire to be accepted, or to follow trends. I have something so many seem to have forgotten: the will to become something more.

Darkness may fall over the world. But that doesn't make darkness the victor.

What is psychosis but the perception of a different reality? There is a divergence and it is nigh. The sides are lining up, I think that some type of departure is coming very soon. God speed to you all!

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

But when I turn and look at those concrete, polluted hives humans built for themselves, all I see is thousands, millions of people walking in eternal circles. I see no wisdom, only desires - desire to get money, desire to buy material stuff to fill the bleakness of life, and desire to forget the sadness of their growing yet empty past. People whose similitude they break only by choosing random phone colors.

I hate the big city. I can feel the tension there, the closeness, the pressure.

I stopped going into big cities a long ago. I can feel it.

Its much easier going outside looking in.

This first impression I had of the big city came the only time I visited New York.

Driving towards the city in the distance, it was a row of skyscrapers from horizon to horizon, all gleaming in the afternoon sun. The city appeared to be sitting on the water in front of us as we drove directly towards it. Then we submerged underground in a huge tunnel, driving under the river to come up on the other side. Suddenly we were there and it was as if this huge weight settled on my head. I was hot, ringing in my ears, sweat broke out on my forehead.

There was this din of noise this oppressive atmosphere, more it was a pressure of millions of people all stacked up on each other living in little boxes high in the atmosphere. The man made canyons stretched on for miles, cement walls choked black with exhaust...

...at the first stop light a junkie threw up in the street right in front of my car window.

I couldn't wait to get out of there. I only returned to normal a couple hours after we finally drove out of the city landscape.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes it's toll...

Mankind is a one way bus ride and our stop is just up the street. Some of us will know when to get off.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The big city of sin drives the people into her mask. We uncover the veil and the truth is closer to the heart.

The small city or farm area gives hope to all who are the meek and the brave.

Nice post intrptr!

edit on 22-10-2016 by Jdennis10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

It is not madness but the triumph of instinct.

Current events are proving that we are — would be but acknowledge it — mere animals after all, and that our vaunted reason is the smallest part of what motivates us.

Fiddler, play on.

edit on 22/10/16 by Astyanax because: of Paganini.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Yes, but what bugs me, is how fast madness is spreading. It's as if there are hands playing the violin, willingly engulfing the Wortld in its chaotic melody.

The virus, for one - 50% of the World population is a big figure. A virus specifically designed to screw up the brain.

Reminds me of a zombie apocalypse movie.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

The small city or farm area gives hope to all who are the meek and the brave.

My long lost hope and dream, stuck for now in megalopolis.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
Yes, but what bugs me, is how fast madness is spreading. It's as if there are hands playing the violin, willingly engulfing the Wortld in its chaotic melody.

The virus, for one - 50% of the World population is a big figure. A virus specifically designed to screw up the brain.

Reminds me of a zombie apocalypse movie.

We have become the programming we received. "Reminds you" of a zombie TV show.

We have become the zombies, just like they intended.

AAAAAAHHHH!! (runs screaming into the woods)

new topics

top topics

join