It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about using original content that was first written somewhere else online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I have a question about making a thread using content that I have submitted at another website. I am wondering if I still have to use external links for it or if I am able to just post it here normally since they are all my words.

This seems like a silly question but I don't want to take the chance of having a thread closed or disrupted, in case I am accused of plagiarism or something but would much prefer to just type them again here for the sake of a more direct discussion about the topic. It isn't anything that has been published or anything like that just something I have put on Reddit.

Any help is appreciated especially if it is a moderator telling me for certain what I can and cannot do.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can post your own words

You just can't copy other people's post from a different forum board

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

A copyright owner myself....I believe you can re-post your composition...whatever it is...again elsewhere if it's yours. I always refer back to:

Example: Original post by: sputniksteve c/o twitter-whatever...you get it. That does 2 things...attributes it as your own words, and directs the reader to it's 1st appearance elsewhere.

Example two: Poetry you write at one site, can be posted anywhere else you want...and here, ATS owns similar rights to your composition on their site...because you've USED their site.

Mods? Am I correct?

Best MS
edit on 17-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The ideal would be to retype it for ATS, that eliminates any issues at all. That said, if it's your work you can re-post it here as long as you don't post any responses from the Reddit thread that are not your work.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Thank you Mr. Springer for clarification!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Excellent thank you everyone who helped.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteveit is the advertisement bots that are targeting us for their profit and that of ATS

top topics

join