It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tis the season for horror movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
ETA: This thread came about after a visit to an earlier thread which recommend you check out short film horror

October is my favorite month. The leaves are changing. The temperatures are dropping, and the breeze blows gently and I feel like watching the evil dead trilogy for the billionth time. Something in the air...

So I'm here, dear members to ask you what your favorite horror movies are. Or any recent horror you've seen that you suggest.

I'm more of an old school horror fan myself, most nowadays are too gory for my liking, or just boring (the paranormal activity franchise)
But I have stumbled across some gems.

I recommend Pontypool. I stumbled across this by chance while browsing Netflix one night. And I'll be damned if this movie didn't have me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It takes a very different look at a "zombie" scenario. I won't include spoilers but suffice to say this psychological horror/ thriller will have you thinking.

What do you have for me, ATS?

ETA: Any good creature features?

edit on 13-10-2016 by denybedoomed because: Stuff

edit on 13-10-2016 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Always been a fan of Rob Zombie and in turn his movies.
House of 1000 Corpses
The Devils Rejects
Halloween

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I think I've seen The Devil's Rejects.

I do like the Halloween movies but haven't seen his take on it. Will give em a go. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Takashi Mike's Audition. NOT for the faint of heart.

Nevermind.. did just read you distaste of gore and although the gore in Audition is short-lived, it is intense.

How about The Changeling?

edit on 13-10-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Cinemassacre is doing Monster Madness X, reviewing classic and modern horror movies every day for the entire month, as well as horror video games. Gave me tons of movies to put into my Halloween playlist.

Check it out.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Evil Dead trilogy, original Halloween, Psycho, remake of Psycho, Shaun of the Dead, The Mothman Prophesies, Fire In the Sky (UFOs scare the # out of me lol), In the Mouth of Madness

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I watched two classics last night.
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

AND
CHRISTINE

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
'Mother's Day' is a good slice of 80's cheese-horror.
Queenie scared the crap out my child mind.
As far as 'creature features' go, it's hard to beat John Carpenter's 'The Thing.'
edit on 14-10-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Any of the H.P. Lovecraft movies are pretty good 80's horror. The Unnamable 1 & 2, From Beyond, The Re Animator 1 & 2, The Dunwich Horror, The Resurrected, Dagon, Castle Freak, are to name some of the popular ones from Lovecraft. Highly recommended.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The Subspecies movies were good if you don't take them too seriously:

Excellent use of light and shadow but they were still using stop action animation. Turn all the lights out for the mood.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My fave time of year. So much so, I make it halloween year round in some ways! LOL!

Check out the movie : Berberian Sound Studio

www.imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I've watched audition, ish was effed.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

ETA: Any good creature features?

Any movie not made by SyFy, and people should be good.

Gremlins if it's really 'tis the season'.

With the christmas holidays coming up never got the appeal of christmas horror flicks.

top topics

join