It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next ‘deplorables’? Clinton campaign rips ‘backwards’ Catholic beliefs...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

There is no other way to judge Islam or Christianity. Sorry.

What people decide to do with the information is not what the religeon is.

Just because Budhist monks in sri lanka attack hindus does not mean Buddhist monks all act that way or according to the tennants of Buddhism.

Yes it was a typo i didnt catch. I meant theologically.

Christianity and Islam are very different theological ideas with very different Prophets/Messiah. There is no trinity in Islam. There are very different messages in the scripture.

And there is NO islam without the Qur'an there is no Christianity without the N.T.

The instructional guides to the followers are not a like. Political entanglement does not reflect the religeons teachings. Any political leader can twist any religeon to do anyrhing. The only way you can judge the religeon is by the instruction manual and what the leader/prophets/Messiah has done and said.

Christ is a pacifist. Mohammad was not.

While killing infidels may be greatly exagerated and taken out of context Mohammed himself was nothing like the christians Jesus. In fact the main lesson is very different.

Christ offered himself up to stop a war. Mohammad led an army. Not only that but celibacy is a big no no in Islam (no monks and definately no nuns)

There are many many differences of practice and ritual.

Socially (which seems to be what you are referring to)
There are not roaming bands of christian death squads in the ME or Asia. Christians are not bombing bus stations in the name of Jesus.
The terrorism by Islam is not political by nature. Its not northern Ireland trying to break free of the UK.

People are using Islam on its own without a purpose other than to kill non muslims. (Again yes twisting of the faith but your the one using society to guage the religeon)

Personally I wouldnt follow either of them but, they are not the same.

I will say Sufism can be similar to Christianity but they are being targetted by Islamic terrorists as well.
edit on 13-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: shooterbrody

What makes you think you got the quote right?

Interestingly all your arguements seem to be word fallacies. You pick out grammar and semantics regularly but provide no reasoning or attack on reasoning. That is one major "sign of defeat" in debate.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Christ may have been one thing and Muhammad another, luthier, but Christianity is not Christ and Islam is not Muhammad.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ok so Hitler and Ghandi have the same message. They invoked the same ideas and influence.

And as I said socially there are not stateless masses of Christians blowing up buss stops for Jesus. With the sole intention of terrorizing people of Islam and the west, or Every other faith in their way.

edit on 13-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

We’re drifting off topic, but I invite you to compare the histories of Christianity and Islam, and let me know which has the higher body count in religious conflicts.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well unfortunately that has nothing to do with today. Its a common tactic. While some parts of the world evolved the ME versions of Islam had trouble.

As i said political leaders using the faith is not the same. There have never been roaming bands of stateless christians murdering anyone, including the majority being people of their own faith for Jesus.

They did it for the king who used Christianity. Nothing in the scripture alludes to the behaviour done by the States.

With your arguement then Germans are all Nazi since that is their past.

Nice deflection. But fail.

If I were to play your game however, Muslims still lose. Unless you forgot about their conquests in places like India (possiby 80 -100 million killed) and the largest slave trade in history.

www.hinduwebsite.com...
edit on 14-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

If I were to play your game however, Muslims still loose. Unless you forgot about their conquests in places like India (possiby 80 million killed) and the largest slave trade in history.

I suppose you mean ‘lose’. Well, actually, it’s not a contest. But somebody has done the maths, and Christianity comes rather worse than any other faith. Try this book, and check out the links on the web page.

By the way, your figure of 80m for the ‘Islamic conquest’ of India is absolute bollocks. Tell us where you found it.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I bet that book leaves out the 8 centuries of death in India, Afghanistan, all the way to mongolia starting at about 800 AD.

www.google.com...
www.google.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.jewsnews.co.il...

www.quora.com...

Oh and the one I already gave above.

Anything you have never read or heard about is bullocks.

Your book isnt accurate.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You posted a bunch of blogs written by Sikh, Muslim and Jewish racists as proof that Muslims are bad?

Try posting some facts next time, lad.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Ah the genetic fallacy.

Try the wiki post then.

The gentetic fallacy is another good way to deflect something when you can't use reason.

Also just so you know they are mostly all the same race.

www.danielpipes.org...

Here is one from a respected historian. Who quit the republican party when Trump started talking about banning muslims.

Edit: i realize he is controversial and that even critisizing or trying to understand muslim extremism is racist and controveraial. I have seen Majiid Newaz also attacked. Its a huge double standard that we can talk freely about how bad Christian authority was (it was terrible and moat christians admit this) but dont mention muslims aggresion or your racist.

Just so you know I find Sufism to be one of the most beautiful religeons in many cases. They are also one of the biggest targets of radical Islam. As are most moderates muslims in the ME.

Why do these maths as you say always forget India and asian conquest yet include the crusades by Christians?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Did anyone mention yet that Palmieri and Podesta are Catholic? Or that Catholics have this internal debate frequently? Hell some Catholics don't even like Pope Francis, too liberal. I couldn't care less if Wikileaks takes down either candidate, but this exchange is nothing - except Trump supporters looking for faux outrage.
edit on 10/14/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Ah the genetic fallacy.

What are you talking about? Those are blogs by racists.

The link I posted was to the web site for a book called The Better Angels of Our Nature. The book is a study of violence through history and prehistory by Stephen Pinker, a Harvard and ex-MIT professor who is also one of the leading public intellectuals in the world today.

The book is revolutionary, reassuring and world-famous. And the web site contains links to dozens of scientific studies of violence down the ages, the ones that Pinker used in his book as well as some others. These are well-attested and carefully compiled facts, not the ravings of Muslim-hating racists on the internet.

Eighty million people? Balderdash. Ask yourself how these people come up with their figures. How do they know?

What you call the Islamic conquest of India was a series of invasions and migrations over four hundred years. And the body counts were exaggerated on both sides because each side wanted to show how many enemies they were killing. Those exaggerated figures then get inflated further when modern racists pick them up and use them as ammunition.

The greatest orgy of killing in history and prehistory was the Second World War — about 55 million dead. Second in the Megacide Hit Parade is Mao’s Famine — 40 million. Both occurred, as you know, in the twentieth century.

I am looking at a table of the top twenty slaughters of all time right now; it’s in Pinker’s book.

No matter how you calculate the figures, the Islamic ‘conquest’ of India isn’t even on the table.

Finally, I know you are a harmless person yourself, but the kind of thinking you’re presenting here is what motivates people like these. So beware of what you do — don’t give aid and comfort to the forces of evil.

And now I think this conversation has gone as far as it needs to. No purpose served by continuing. You’re welcome to the last word if you want it.

edit on 14/10/16 by Astyanax because: ta-ta now!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join