It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhinoplasty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lilyblues22

I think you have to make a risk assessment. Any surgery has risks and rhinoplasty has a greater than usual chance of going wrong. Also, the recovery can be physically and psychologically brutal. It's your face, front and center and there is no hiding it if things go less than smoothly; for me this caused a lot of anxiety.

I don't think there is anything wrong with addressing an aesthetic issue you are self conscious about. Looks are important, we judge people in part by what we see. We are all very aware of this, so if we have a flaw it can make us self conscious. For me, having a big nose didn't bother me too much, I just owned it, but when asymmetries began to develop, well that bothered me. A lot.

Make sure you do your research into your surgeon. He or she should have at least a decade of experience and do hundreds of rhinoplasties a year. They should be a board certified plastic surgeon and I would suggest dual certification as an ENT as well. Finally make sure that you are comfortable and have a good rapport with whomever you choose if you decide to go forward.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

My nose was the only thing that bothered me enough to have surgery. I suppose I can pick myself a part though. A "mommy make over" might be nice, but I'm not at a point where it's bothering me enough to go through surgery. Besides, the scars on those look pretty savage, so I dunno. Kinda iffy.

<< 1  2   >>

join