It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research Request: The Secret of De Kalb Junction, NY.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

"De Kalb is a town in St. Lawrence County, New York, USA. The population was 2,434 at the 2010 census. The town is named after American general Baron de Kalb, a German officer serving under George Washington. The Town of De Kalb is in the southwest part of the county and is southwest of the Village of Canton."

en.wikipedia.org...

So this town looks to be a quiet place in the country, nothing unusual there it seems. Not so if you taking some time to watch the Norse DDOS Attack map. This little town is a main target for these global attacks, even from within the US. I only found a Video from 2015 which adresses the same thing.

www.youtube.com...

So whats so special about this town and the area in general? Like it seems it is worth to attack computers there for at least almost a year, besides "little" cities like Dubai
. I found not much in the internet or google earth that hints a military base, a secret service installation or an big internet company.

Does anyone know more about this? Why is there such an long term interest to attack an "ordinary" town?

Go, check for yourself:

map.norsecorp.com...#/

edit on 29-9-2016 by MeanMinistry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MeanMinistry

Perhaps there's a VNP there that hackers would like to use as a new proxy server for more serious strikes?

Seems to me that with a town as small, local law enforcement would be minimal and thus the hacking wouldn't attract too much attention from the residents.

edit on 29-9-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Its possibly a good physical point for norse to attach their gear if theres a few major comms cables in the area.

Also IP address tracking aint always that good as some woman slap bang in the centre of the US keeps finding out as police/feds etc turn up on a regular basis.

Also IP addresses are brought and sold and even re-used by the owner so it could of been used in Kentucky one day but after some serious jiggery pokery on the routers its now used for some dead end town junction box and no one has to tell anyone if they just tidy up the IP tables.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MeanMinistry

The IP adresses are simply a default provided when a specific IP node is not returned correctly. Every request for an IP that 'misses' defaults to this IP address.

Thre's actually nothing much there at the physical location, there's usually nothing "under" the IP address at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Its possibly a good physical point for norse to attach their gear if theres a few major comms cables in the area.

Also IP address tracking aint always that good as some woman slap bang in the centre of the US keeps finding out as police/feds etc turn up on a regular basis.

Also IP addresses are brought and sold and even re-used by the owner so it could of been used in Kentucky one day but after some serious jiggery pokery on the routers its now used for some dead end town junction box and no one has to tell anyone if they just tidy up the IP tables.

Maybe that's where the Norse access Bifrost.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Call the local Pizza delivery places, Taxi companies and Uber drivers. See if they do deliveries to any decent sized buildings with little to no windows in the middle of nowhere that have an inordinate amount of electrical and cooling equipment outside. I'd bet there's a data center there if the GeoIP stuff you're using's correct.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
krebsonsecurity.com...

Norse is quite a disreputable company. Regarding places that are attacked, it is simply a function of where they locate their honeypots. For a honeypot to be any good, it won't have the name Norse directly attached to it. But that isn't hard to do these days of anonymous domain registration and virtual private servers.

I couldn't take more than a minute of that video, but I assume Dekalb is just a location of a honeypot.

An "attack" could merely be port-scanning. Note that port-scanning isn't exactly illegal, but rather just rude.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure what is going on there but some years ago back in the 1990's when the internet was just gaining popularity there was a movie named "Hackers".

To promote the movie they put up a honey pot "site" so the kids could practice their "skilz".
The final scene of the movie the hackers were TELNETTing into "Victory" NY from grand central station.
Maybe there are Ley lines or something, someone from the area should know more.
The only real honey in the area is Honeywell corners but that isn't near Victory.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Do a quick Google for internet security Dekalb NY. There's a large network security company located there. I'm sure there red team assets target there own stuff during operations.

new topics

top topics

join