It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson didn't want Brexit win

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: uncommitted

Your fears have proven futile, it hasn't had an effect on the economy. We need to start negotiating with our Commonwealth brethren as soon as possible, the Commonwealth is a lot larger than the E.U.

Juncker is a total liability, a drunken opportunist.

What a total Liability, come on people, what is his attraction?

I have no fears, but if I did, why do you say they are/were futile? We have yet to leave anything!!!!! The fact that the media are talking about the fact it's x months since the referendum is neither here nor there.

You do know though that we deal with the commonwealth now though, don't you? Bombardier are a Canadian company that make trains in the UK as an example - it's not like we don't deal with such companies right now even though people seem to keep suggesting otherwise.

Yes, but we could only deal with Canadian companies, via the E.U, you do know that though, don't you?

We can't trade with India, because the E.U have yet to agree a deal, despite sixteen years of trying. They're pathetic, too many countries to please everyone.

Errm, no, the EU/Canada deal is only now looking to be ratified. I don't understand why you don't think to check such things before you type, nor why you presume I wouldn't either?

www.wsj.com...

ec.europa.eu...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We don't have to wait too long to see if we've been duped.

Both May and Johnson have said that the leaving process will go ahead early next year.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That just means we import more than we export , the song remains the same , Germany is facing financial strain at the moment so would not want to lose access to a country they export a large amount of their goods to , same for the other countries in the union.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Johnson has said by the beginning of next year all May has said is not before the end of the year which could mean anything.

We have been duped because they want to sign up to the single market rather than go it alone and cut our own deals.
Time will show this to be the case.

edit on 23-9-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Your fears have proven futile, it hasn't had an effect on the economy. We need to start negotiating with our Commonwealth brethren as soon as possible, the Commonwealth is a lot larger than the E.U.

I have no fears, but if I did, why do you say they are/were futile? We have yet to leave anything!!!!! The fact that the media are talking about the fact it's x months since the referendum is neither here nor there.

You do know though that we deal with the commonwealth now though, don't you? Bombardier are a Canadian company that make trains in the UK as an example - it's not like we don't deal with such companies right now even though people seem to keep suggesting otherwise.

Yes, but we could only deal with Canadian companies, via the E.U, you do know that though, don't you?

We can't trade with India, because the E.U have yet to agree a deal, despite sixteen years of trying. They're pathetic, too many countries to please everyone.

Errm, no, the EU/Canada deal is only now looking to be ratified. I don't understand why you don't think to check such things before you type, nor why you presume I wouldn't either?

www.wsj.com...

ec.europa.eu...

www.theguardian.com...

Okay so we don't have a free trade deal with Canada, my bad. I guess allowing companies to invest in the U.K is a different deal, so my point about trade deals is correct.

We don't have a free trade deal with India either, because the E.U still haven't managed to agree one after sixteen years of trying,
edit on 23/9/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

www.wsj.com...

ec.europa.eu...

www.theguardian.com...

Okay so we don't have a free trade deal with Canada, my bad. I guess allowing companies to invest in the U.K is a different deal, so my point about trade deals is correct.

We don't have a free trade deal with India either, because the E.U still haven't managed to agree one after sixteen years of trying,

It is very confusing, like how BAE have deals with India - how does that happen then?

www.baesystems.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

www.wsj.com...

ec.europa.eu...

www.theguardian.com...

It is very confusing, like how BAE have deals with India - how does that happen then?

www.baesystems.com...

The U.K has to pay Tariffs on any export deals outside of the free trade deals agreed by the E.U, Tariffs which are set by the E.U, stifling progress.

The E.U cannot come to an agreement with India, because they are concerned at Europe will become full of Indian goods and India has concerns that India would be consumed by wine and German cars.

So the E.U Is close to a free trade deal with Canada, but some distance from agreeing one with India, despite years of trying.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The good thing about the EU single market is that it removed tariffs between EU members. Definitely good for Germany and certainly very good for the UK. However, it's not the be-all-and-end-all. The single market will go because the French and the Germans see an opportunity to build their own financial sector, or tech industry.

The problem with external trade deals is that they are one size fits al. For example, the Spanish don't want their orange industry harmed, so oranges from elsewhere are subject to tariffs. It's called protectionism. Outside of the EU the UK can forge more bespoke trade deals which complement the UK's economy. We may benefit from cheaper oranges, for example and choose to crack a deal with Brazil.

The problem for Europe is that they have a major economy on their doorstep who can (and will) do things differently. The ball's actually in the EU's court, because the Spanish orange groves need to remain economic, but now the UK has a choice.

People think the UK is at a disadvantage at any negotiations, but actually I think it's the other way around. All the hard talk from Juncker and his ilk is just waffle and posturing. They are driven by doctrine and perhaps revenge, but the UK is driven by new opportunities. Oh, no doubt he UK politicians will bleat on that we have no longer have access to Danish fishing grounds and what a disaster, and all that, but then the Danish won't have access to the UK fishing grounds, nor will the French, or the Greek etc...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

www.wsj.com...

ec.europa.eu...

www.theguardian.com...

www.baesystems.com...

The U.K has to pay Tariffs on any export deals outside of the free trade deals agreed by the E.U, Tariffs which are set by the E.U, stifling progress.

The E.U cannot come to an agreement with India, because they are concerned at Europe will become full of Indian goods and India has concerns that India would be consumed by wine and German cars.

So the E.U Is close to a free trade deal with Canada, but some distance from agreeing one with India, despite years of trying.

Yeah, it was rhetorical question

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The fact that Boris Johnson didn't want brexit is obvious as he doesn't know how to handle it now, although I expect him to be running laps around westminster while holding a sign on which there's written "I'm a wanker" ...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The EU have yet to agree to a deal because of the UK. India wants free movement of people (up to a cap) and the UK has been blocking the negotiations because of that. Once rid of the UK, the EU will finally be able to close that deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join