It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 1 BETA: Honest Review (HUGE Letdown)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah the whole pre-order thing is a joke. Developers and publishers get people all hyped up with an epic trailer and then fail to deliver what they portrayed. It's really disappointing as what I was expecting based on the trailer is NOTHING like what the Beta actually plays like.

It seems to be the trend nowadays especially with PC games. Over hype a game, make it seem like something it's not, get everyone in a queue waiting on release day and pre-ordering, then cash in the mega bucks.

The gaming industry is for the most part solely about money now. What happened to just making a game good so that it's a good game?!
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Because of BF4, I vowed to never again do a pre-order for EA games.
That was the worst condition I ever seen a game hit the shelves in.
Since my city is relatively small - 100k. There is zero need to ever pre order a game here to begin with. If EB games doesnt have it, walmart or best buy will.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What people have to do in games like this is use WWI and WWII a squad tactics when going against smgs. Suppress with mg's and rifles to let your smg to get close and kill. In the Red Orchestra franchise it's paramount that people play like that to attack or defend the objectives. When the game comes out with the hardcore mode I'm gonna be all over it.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I got the code and installed the game last night. I'm just now able to sit down and play it but can't connect to any servers. Looks like they're all busy.

EDIT: Or maybe they're down. In the server browser all the servers are empty and impossible to connect, except for the Asian servers which are full (and have ludicrous ping).
edit on 31-8-2016 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
I got the code and installed the game last night. I'm just now able to sit down and play it but can't connect to any servers. Looks like they're all busy.

EDIT: Or maybe they're down. In the server browser all the servers are empty and impossible to connect, except for the Asian servers which are full (and have ludicrous ping).

Yeah I went to give it another chance and I couldn't even get into a server. EA at it's finest.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

What's funny is one game developer proved quality is better than quantity. While not my favorite game, GTA5 was the first game to make over a billion. Their trick, put out a smooth game with attention to detail and offer all dlc to all players for free. The result, a large player base that can play with their friends even on dlc. We've all played a game with a friend who didn't gave all the expansions.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I've been trying to play for hours and haven't even got the server browser to appear.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's funny that the graphics settings affect the menu so much. On high settings I was getting as low as 8 frames per second. On medium I get a much more acceptable 68... and it's not even really rendering anything yet. lolwut

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Last night the EA servers were hit by DDOS so it was offline for 3-4 hours.
But it did come back.

I love it, Im level 27 at the moment and last night got a 32-0 game - it seems easier than the previous battlefields.

Keep in mind though, majority of the weapons are not there to be used, so perhaps they have only given us weapons that are used further down the game. So in the beginning it probably will be bolt action

The tanks are way to powerful.. I mean, stupidly powerful.

I like the game because even if your aiming perfectly, bullets spray all over the place, just like ww1 weapons.

not sure about the gas grenades or the mines, they seem to do stuff all.

I dont like the screens at the end of the round, having to click through them to see your results, your teams results etc.

I've played it for 6hrs now, 3hrs tue and 3hrs wed and will hopefully (if its open) smash it more this weekend!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think it's got a lot of potential but was kind of a let down for me too.
-The way conquest plays now is kind of ridiculous. Every game ends from the timer and not the actual score limit needed to win. Also I found people to just be a lot more scattered in this game than before. People were everywhere.
-the only useful class for anything medium range or farther us scout class(the sniper rifles). Every other class sucks at medium range and further. Even then the other classes aren't very good up close either. Hell the M1911 pistol might be better than most smg or lmgs.
-the medic class sucks. The DMRs are worthless.
-The horses.... Getting killed from 15 feet away from guy on horse with sword

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedPhilosopher

all true but keep in mind its a beta and that kind of feed back means they'll adjust those parameters to make it a more rounded game!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Last night the EA servers were hit by DDOS so it was offline for 3-4 hours.
But it did come back.

I love it, Im level 27 at the moment and last night got a 32-0 game - it seems easier than the previous battlefields.

Keep in mind though, majority of the weapons are not there to be used, so perhaps they have only given us weapons that are used further down the game. So in the beginning it probably will be bolt action

The tanks are way to powerful.. I mean, stupidly powerful.

I like the game because even if your aiming perfectly, bullets spray all over the place, just like ww1 weapons.

not sure about the gas grenades or the mines, they seem to do stuff all.

I dont like the screens at the end of the round, having to click through them to see your results, your teams results etc.

I've played it for 6hrs now, 3hrs tue and 3hrs wed and will hopefully (if its open) smash it more this weekend!

what are you playing on? PS4, Xbox or PC?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedPhilosopher
I think it's got a lot of potential but was kind of a let down for me too.
-The way conquest plays now is kind of ridiculous. Every game ends from the timer and not the actual score limit needed to win. Also I found people to just be a lot more scattered in this game than before. People were everywhere.
-the only useful class for anything medium range or farther us scout class(the sniper rifles). Every other class sucks at medium range and further. Even then the other classes aren't very good up close either. Hell the M1911 pistol might be better than most smg or lmgs.
-the medic class sucks. The DMRs are worthless.
-The horses.... Getting killed from 15 feet away from guy on horse with sword

I was finally able to play last night. In response to your thoughts:

- Conquest is kind of ridiculous, I agree.
- I find the Medic class the most useful for medium range. The rifle is semi-auto so it's better at closer range than the bolt-action the scout has, but still more accurate than the SMG and LMG the Assault and Support classes get.
- I don't know what a DMR is, otherwise, see above. I've played the most as a medic so far but I change roles when necessary.
- I swear I was killed by a horse that was nowhere near me last night. That explains a lot.

I ended up playing mostly Rush last night because people weren't quite as scattered as they tend to be in Conquest, mostly because you're limited to a certain area of the map at a time, I suppose. There's an area with a mountain you can climb in about the middle of the map, and the opposite team kept getting tanks up on that little narrow path going around the cliff, and getting an excellent vantage point for something with infinite ammo that can one-shot anyone with an explosive round. That was really ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join