It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord Buddha, Lord Christ & The Meaning of Life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A little about myself, my mother is Christian and my father is Buddhist. At a young age I was always interested both religions and their tales of miracles and psychic powers. The French ruled Vietnam for over a 100 years during which my grandfather owned rubber tree plantations even before the Michelin Tire Company and he was also a commercial builder in the capitol city of Saigon and other major cities in the south.

He worshiped both religions as I do currently and he would build temples large limestone pyramids with statues made of Lord Christ & Lord Buddha sitting in meditation next to each other at the base where the congregation, monks, & nuns would sit together & meditate around. My father was put in a Kung-Fu Monastery at age 5 and has gold threads inside the skin of his forearms to focus his Chi Energy into to make a force field to have the ability to block swords and other other weapons, one of my uncles has the power to turn into a little ball of light and travel anywhere he wants to go.

How did they become so powerful? Would I be able to achieve the same one day?

I have been able to develop in meditation over the past 15 years the power to intercept the thoughts of other people.

From those experiences I have understood the meaning of one of the lines from my favorite books, Thiaoouba Prophecy/ Abduction to the 9th Planet by Michel Desmarquett" Mankind exists spiritually for the sole purpose of advancing spiritually." All the word spirituality means is understanding
"Who Am I?"

Just like Lord Jesus Christ and Lord Buddha understood, You & I too will one day come to understand that we are Both BOTH Fully God & Fully Human at the same time.

This is probably the most important video in history. It is fist hand account of Dr. David R Hawkins attaining "Anuttara Samyaksam Sambodhi".

www.youtube.com...

I am reminded by a saying from Eckhart Tolle, that the secret of life is to "die before you die" - and find that there is no death.'

Although I have not gone through ego death myself this is what I have understood of what it may be and how to go about it.

For a long period of time in human history, even before the death of Christ or Buddha, religion was idolatry and people worshiped stone or wooden gods, offering sacrifices to them. It was not long before ancient priests insisted the sacrifices be human.

The collective consciousness of mankind held in its collective memory this concept of sacrifice and his life and other gurus lives were planned by God to zero out our kharma for them to create and become a dimensional gateway from this realm to the real.

What is "Ego Death"? Just as Dr. Hawkins states it is surrender of the inner belief that "The Ego" holds that it is the source of it's own power.

True understanding that God was, and is, infinitely powerful - powerful beyond the comprehension of any human mind, that we spiritually sacrifice ourselves & kneel & bow down before him.

We are all Kings just like Jesus. A king not one to be worshiped - we simply represented another EVEN Greater King. We are all representatives on Earth of the God himself.

The knowledge that we must arm ourselves for deep meditation is the main secret to pull away from the book Thiaoouba Prophecy by Michel Desmarquet.

The reason destruction of the atom is such a formidable weapon and the atomic bomb is so powerful is because each electron has a memory of 16 gigs and has a total lifespan of one hundred billlion-trillion years. 1 with 100 zeros behind it.

The Buddha remembers 91 eons. 91 Big Bangs. That's how far reaching his memory was.

The mind is a quantum computer that defrags the light coming from the big bang and makes this parallel universe appear as real but ultimately every universe and possible parallel universe that will exist through out time space is an illusion because they are all transitory.

From my studying of Advaita Vedanta I now understand that we are neither the body or the mind but the unlimited ocean of awareness that the entire fields of consciousness operate in. So he has cleared the false concept that I held when I was Buddhist in my mind of reincarnation.

“Come to the conclusion: I am unborn, I was unborn and I shall remain unborn.” - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

I am reminded by a saying from Eckhart Tolle, that the secret of life is to "die before you die" - and find that there is no death.'

You have to lose yourself to find yourself. Forsake the world for a while, if you have nothing to worry about, no clutter and no distraction, its easier to be bored enough to question who you are. Thats a painful process.

Give everything you own away and move under a bridge.

Thats my version of 'joining a monastery'.
Lyrics

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

great OP, thanks for sharing
but i think there is a bit of confusion about absolute and relative view, in my opinion.

From my studying of Advaita Vedanta I now understand that we are neither the body or the mind but the unlimited ocean of awareness that the entire fields of consciousness operate in. So he has cleared the false concept that I held when I was Buddhist in my mind of reincarnation.

first is absolute view, but the Buddhist statement about reincarnation is part of the relative view. if you would like to know more about Advaita Vedanta aka. the ultimate nature of reality from Buddhist point of view there are a lot of sutras or tantras available all around the net where they teach and explain in detail the wisdom of emptiness or the void.

also, the master of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj has written awesome book - the master of self realisation. It is a really good read for understanding of Advaita Vedanta.

Everyone can realise correct View and Wisdom and than the correct Methods to practice until self realisation and no one is special. But it takes patience and practice. And we should learn to cultivate virtues and boddhichita motivation, which is integral part of wisdom and if we are mature enough than ego will not resist hard when time comes to change.

belief in ego is the first obstacle after we realise whys and hows, together with our desires and this can be another can of worms to deal with, if we are not mindful and committed...
been there...still doing that as i have not yet done that and still learning to let go.

edit on 1472515736808August088083116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Nice post, S&F.

We are all slices of the universal apple, each slice containing the whole. What happens when you slice a holographic apple in half? Two full apples emerge, not halves of an apple as you would expect, we are each a slice of reality containing the whole of reality within us.

When I look at you and you look at me, the image we each have of each other is a product of synapses in the brain, so we are within one another in that regard, the same awareness looking at itself from two viewpoints.

The same logic applies to looking up into space, everything you see is the result of a synapse inside of your brain, the image you see is the same as everyone else, we all see the same universe and the universe is within each of us fully.

We are the universe experiencing itself in my opinion and we are all the infinite prime creator expressing itself through these transitory and finite bodies.
edit on 8/29/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Words are meaningless, especially yours.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

belief in ego is the first obstacle

Very nice comment but you seem to view the ego as a construct we need deny. Instead we should view the ego in the sense the old books write as "egotistical pleasures" which is anything that results in self gratification from material delights. So old books really are saying we need turn away from egoism to altruism (aka boddhichita).

Perhaps Jewish Kabbalah is more explanatory, it informs - if we use our ego to repel egotistical pleasure, the creators light will enter our soul instead of being spent (blocked) on sensations from egotistical pleasures. The more we can refrain from sensual self gratification to that of altruism, the more light that enters. In Jewish Kabbalah, the ego if I am not mistaken is recognised as the Malchut, tenth of the sephirot in the Kabbalistic tree of life. It cannot be denied but must be turned to altruism to allow us to advance closer to the Creator.
edit on 29-8-2016 by glend because: spelling

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

hey, thanks for mentioning that. Although i did dislike a lot of things about my ego, but it has proven to be just a part of the path as anything else that happens, as there are no coincidences in my View.

So i was not thinking that we need to deny it, but just as i said, everything changes and grows. Change is the only constant and our limited ego is often afraid or resistant to change due to attachment to this or that.

for more information, i present this short video about meditation stages as are viewed in Mahamudra, which is a part of Tibetan Buddhism.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thiaoouba Prophecy

“Come to the conclusion: I am unborn, I was unborn and I shall remain unborn.” - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.

Indeed!
Before inquiring into 'reincarnation' one must first inquire into 'incarnation'. Are you 'in' a body?

edit on 30-8-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Is this why when we dream, we are in a different person's body? In this universe or in the other universes?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

belief in ego is the first obstacle

In Jewish Kabbalah, the ego if I am not mistaken is recognised as the Malchut, tenth of the sephirot in the Kabbalistic tree of life. It cannot be denied but must be turned to altruism to allow us to advance closer to the Creator.

No, Yesod is the ego level, the self or personality. Malchut is the physical body.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
Malchut is the physical body.

Malchut is also the Righteous Sovereign Kingdom - the Liberty of Truth. Malchut Zedek (Melchizedek) was the high priest until Jesus came to forego the ultimate sacrifice for all of humankind (Hebrews 5-7). Upon Jesus's sacrifice he "tore the veil of the temple from top to bottom", because prior to this only the high priests were capable of passing through the curtain of the temple into the inner chambers without being blinded by the light of God. Now, with Jesus's sacrifice, all are capable of entering, for he has left an open door and shown us the straight and narrow path to Life (because now we are technically dead in our sin [sleep-walking]).

Often times material possessions, which are actually possessing YOU, and not vice versa, are the final obstacle into the Kingdom of Righteousness - unless you can figure out how to get a camel through the eye of a needle.

Whoever wills to keep his life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for God's sake will keep it.
edit on 30-8-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Good to hear UniFinity, we seem to have similar opinions on the ego.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
Is this why when we dream, we are in a different person's body? In this universe or in the other universes?

You are not 'in' any persons body, ever! You are what all appearing bodies appear within. You are the unconditional space which allows existence to appear to exist.
Here is a brilliant video which explains Adviata Vedanta (non duality).

The video speaks of all the different states that 'you' (the unconditional space of awareness) witness - deep sleep, dream state and waking state - 'you' are ever present - 'you' (unconditional space) are the one constant.
It is a little bit like 'you' are the tv screen with ever changing images appearing on it. The image may appear to be made of separate things but really they are appearing as the one (space/screen). The (tv) screen gets overlooked because of all the movement appearing on it - but it can be noticed that the screen never moves - it never goes anywhere. When deep sleep is happening, it is like the tv is off and then when it is turned on the light comes on and there is either dreaming or waking.
edit on 31-8-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

In the dream state you perceive through the instrument of the dream body, just as in the waking state you perceive through the instrument of the waking body. The only common ground between the two is the perceiver.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Our souls, spirits, whatever you want to call them are connected. I will use the term spirit. Our spirit is connected to our planetary spirit,if you will, which is connected to the solar spirit, to the galactic spirit, to the universal spirit, all the way up to infinity.

Our planetary spirit is what we all are connected to. Every living thing that has existed or will exist is connected to it. That is why we believe in reincarnation. We feel the connection of our spirit with the spirit of someone in the past, or future, because of nuances, and familiar wavelengths.

Everything is made up of vibrations.
edit on 29-11-2016 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

top topics

join