It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson Claims Government 'Science' Overrides Medical Freedom

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
seattleorganicrestaurants.com...

Title: New Harvard study reveals Institutional Corruption of Pharmaceuticals and how FDA cannot be trusted with public safety

The fact is that the medical industry has become a leading cause of death and just in US, annually, 12,000 people die due to unnecessary surgeries, 7,000 people die due to medical errors, 20,000 people die due to other errors, 80,000 people die from infections acquired at the hospitals and 106,000 people die from adverse side effect of medications. - See more at: seattleorganicrestaurants.com... ash.UDqJODuy.dpuf

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
I guess talcum now causes cancer. I thought it was a spoof on class action lawsuits. It's a real thing. I guess taking numerous vaccines have no risk. Vaccines a perfect storm of corrupt politicians, large government budgets, and big pharmacists that allowed over use of antibiotics.

As chance would have it I'm taking an intro to geology course for something fun this semester, and were just talking about this yesterday. The theory I heard on talcum powder is that it contained asbestos, which in turn contains uranium. That's where the cancer risk is coming from. Still just a theory, but it's some explanation as to why.

originally posted by: neutronflux
Hate to tell you this cupcake, but there are governments that control the central economy pretty much doing what the want. North Korea, China, Iran, any place ethnic cleansing has take place.....

Or in Illinois and pay to play Senate seat? Or a sectary of state tanking millions from foreign nationals. Or where constituents compete against lobbyists.

I'm aware, but our federal government is a bit more honest than that because they have more eyes on them. Illinois did what it did because no one pays attention to the states, and those other nations don't have the type of government we have. They're prone to dictators, we're prone to corporate control. However when something is in the governments hands we have some say in how it's run, and a good idea can be enacted fairly easily. When corporations rule we have no say in them.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

The fact is that the medical industry has become a leading cause of death and just in US, annually, 12,000 people die due to unnecessary surgeries, 7,000 people die due to medical errors, 20,000 people die due to other errors, 80,000 people die from infections acquired at the hospitals and 106,000 people die from adverse side effect of medications.

First, here is a link to the Harvard Study which your snake oil salesmen cite, as quoted on an Anti-Vaxxer site:

therefusers.com...

Needless to say, it does not contain those statistics. It does talk about how the pharmaceutical industry develops new drugs that are not an improvement over the old ones just so they can patent them and market them as better than the older generics. That is a business model that has developed in response to a mix of market forces and government regulations. Personally, I don't like it, but it isn't actually killing anyone, it just drives medical costs up.

As for the statistics, here is what the CDC says:

Heart disease: 614,348
• Cancer: 591,699
• Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
• Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
• Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
• Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
• Diabetes: 76,488
• Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
• Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
• Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

www.cdc.gov...

Six times more people die of cancer and heart disease than allegedly die due to medical errors and pharmaceuticals. This makes an excellent case for quitting smoking and eating fresh fruits and vegetables, but it in no way suggests that western medicine is dangerous.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The medical deaths are hidden in the accidentally deaths, suicides, heartaches, etc. The misuse introduces many of the listed conditions. People that died from Lovel Canal are listed as cancer victims. Not pollution victims for example.

Title: The Ten Worst Drug Recalls In The History Of The FDA

I cannot believe you want to take away the right to research drugs from individuals and allow them to make their own decisions about their health. Talk about crushing people to insure vaccines producers get tax payers money.

Again, simple message. FDA and pharmaceutical companies have made mistakes that have resulted in deaths and more. It is ever responsible person's responsibly to watchdog these groups. Are you saying payoffs and bribes at the FDA never insured bad drugs got approved.

Disprove vaccines don't turn a profit.
Proved CDC has four billion dollar budget to buy vaccines. And that does not even cover other federal programs, state programs, and foundation spending. Best way to ensure profit is make a product required by law with large federal budgets in place.

Corruption at federal level is greater. Bigger budget with more slop. State budgets are tighter and funds better accounted.

States lead the way in legislation. Who stood up for gay marriage first. States vs federal.
The number of states financial responsible and working to be financially responsible are growing year to year. What has the fed done since 2008?

Please tell me I am wrong pharmaceutical companies don't need oversight, oversight of pharmaceutical companies are diminish by their lobbying efforts, and corruption is not part of the FDA?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Yes. "Science" should absolutely override "freedom" when you are talking about epidemics and pandemics that could spread like wildfire.

It is irresponsible and puts others' lives in danger -

but - to tell you the truth, I think those extremely contagious diseases (which are effectively "plagues") are nature's way of culling populations that need it.

I'm starting to get used to "BuzzyWigs" being a litmus test for ridiculous/insane/illogical posts.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The medical deaths are hidden in the accidentally deaths, suicides, heartaches, etc. The misuse introduces many of the listed conditions. People that died from Lovel Canal are listed as cancer victims. Not pollution victims for example.

In other words, you assume that the unreferenced statistics are correct and that the CDC's figures are deliberately misleading.

Title: The Ten Worst Drug Recalls In The History Of The FDA

The FDA does recall dangerous drugs. It would be nice if they had not approved them in the first place, but they are not omniscient. If they were the evil cabal you seem to think they are, wouldn't they just cover up instead of issuing a recall?

I cannot believe you want to take away the right to research drugs from individuals and allow them to make their own decisions about their health. Talk about crushing people to insure vaccines producers get tax payers money.

Where do I say that? I think it is everyone's responsibility to thoroughly research every medical procedure and medication a doctor recommends. The problem is that not everyone is sufficiently educated to do that research properly; they also do not understand the limitations of the allopathic model advocated by the pharmaceutical companies. This lack of education is exploited by quacks, which is why I am so leery of websites like naturalnews.com, which tells lies to sell junk medicine to the fearful.

Again, simple message. FDA and pharmaceutical companies have made mistakes that have resulted in deaths and more. It is ever responsible person's responsibly to watchdog these groups. Are you saying payoffs and bribes at the FDA never insured bad drugs got approved.

Yes, the FDA and pharmaceutical companies make mistakes all the time. They do not intentionally peddle products that are harmful or useless; "alternative medicine" providers do. Homeopathy, for example, does nothing that placebos can't do; meanwhile, a patient's condition can grow worse due to lack of proper treatment.

As for payoffs and bribes, there is scarcely any need.The FDA's personnel are recruited from the very industry they are supposed to be monitoring. It is physicians who are bribed to prescribe products, that's why you need to do your own proper research.

Disprove vaccines don't turn a profit.
Proved CDC has four billion dollar budget to buy vaccines. And that does not even cover other federal programs, state programs, and foundation spending. Best way to ensure profit is make a product required by law with large federal budgets in place.

The pharmaceutical companies would make more money selling antibiotics and antivirals if the CDC would stop vaccinating people. Compare the cost of a single vaccine to a lengthy treatment. Get it?

Corruption at federal level is greater. Bigger budget with more slop. State budgets are tighter and funds better accounted.

A profession of faith.

States lead the way in legislation. Who stood up for gay marriage first. States vs federal.

And who tried to ban it? Who tried to get evolution struck from textbooks?

Please tell me I am wrong pharmaceutical companies don't need oversight, oversight of pharmaceutical companies are diminish by their lobbying efforts, and corruption is not part of the FDA?

I'm not even sure what you're talking about now. Of course the pharmaceutical industry needs oversight. So does the "alternative medicine" industry. If you think the FDA is corrupt, mount a political campaign; make it a signature issue for your Congressperson.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What do you think the fight over forced vaccination is about? And there are many cases of proven FDA and political corruption involving government ties to turn profits. Large paragraph that didn't answer my question.

If you are going to force vaccines on people, which is a man-made decision, you better guarantee total quality with absolutely no corruption. Can you do that? Extreme for extreme.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sorry you don't understand man is cursed by nature. Disease is a natural part of nature. If you are that afraid of nature, wear a bubble suit. Walk around like the scientists in ET. That is your right.

It is my right to research each vaccination and who supplies it. I would like to say research the side effects to, but you live under a government that lied about the health effects of WTC dust from 911. It is my right to control what is dictated by man for what goes into to my body and my children's body. To do other wise is to live in a totalitarian government. But you already live in a government that withholds health finds as proven by the effects of WTC dust on first responders.

How about the toxic water spill that happen under EPA oversight. How many gallons was made unsafe by that act. Sorry I do trust governments or human nature.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Let's use you logic and sex. There are incurable STDs. Why not require everyone by law to use a condom and make the exchanged of body fluids prohibited. Then if you want to procreate, you have to get tested and have a permit. Or do it through a test tube.

Problem solved right? No more transmission and spreading of STDs? Think of the lives saved and impact on healthcare costs. All for the greater good.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

My children don't have to have sex with your children. They do have to go to the same school. Are you starting to get it now?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What do you think the fight over forced vaccination is about?

As I have explained: the pharmaceutical companies will make more money if people do not get vaccinated.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What do you think the fight over forced vaccination is about?

As I have explained: the pharmaceutical companies will make more money if people do not get vaccinated.

Using logic, why even make vaccines then? Because the profit margin of government back buying of large batches of vaccines is easy and steady money with little risk. It's almost as close as a sure thing you have in business accounting and budgeting. Especially if you have persons on committees giving you inside information. Also, doesn't the government give out millions in grants for vaccine development that helps pad the pharmaceuticals bottom line? Are you not able see the political money laundering through lobbying and contracts?

And I explained to you, you can put your children in personal protective gear for infectious diseases. You don't love your children enough to protect them from those who are not vaccinated. How do you control refugees? Illegals aliens? There are other ways to protect yourself than forcing my kids to take man-made chemicals.
edit on 2-9-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here is the other side of the ethics making people take man-made chemicals.

You fight hard and take away my family's right in what can go into their bodies. Then you die beacuse you choose to street race, skydive, ride a ATV, or commit suicide. Or, you injury yourself and it costs the healthcare system and those making insurance payments hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I would say the social contract for taking away the right for people to decide what goes into their bodies is you have no right to engage in anything that may result in death. You don't want me to do what you think is risky, then I get to decide your behavior too.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yeah let's not vaccinate kids.

Polio might make a comeback.

uhmm... not a good comeback.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I didn't say not to vaccinate. I said I should have the right to research the 12 to 16 vaccines they are going to pump into my kids before they even turn 3 and decide the validity of each one.

If you get to dictate my behavior, then I should get to dictate your risky behavior. Like who you can have sex with. Or ride a ATV. Want me to post a horrific picture of a kid in a ATV accident and say, "Let's keep selling ATVs ".

It's a basic human right that a person gets to decide what man made chemicals are injected into them. It's also a basic human right they get to engage in risky behavior. Like unprotected sex.

Note, I was referring to the number of actual injections if getting the flu shot each year. It's about six different vaccines given is a series of shots over three years to protect against about ten different diseases. I think the six month checkup was the worst. Three to four injections at one visit.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join