It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true cost of Low Wages. Part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So continuing with the issues of Low wages, Poverty and exploitation as I did'nt have the space on part one. I would like to take the issue into further detail and how "economics 101" is written by those with the most to gain.

The argument that as the profits of a business grow, so does the economy and opportunities is a complete myth. It is'nt just lacking in evidence to support such a claim, The stastics and fact say it is a complete misconception, and a lie. The western world is oppressing it's poor then blaming them for their circumstances. Much easier than accepting your wrong, true, but nothing to be proud of.

This is no different than believing to gain muscle size, you need to use light weights. Having a false premise leads to poor results and future development.

“The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.”

Interestingly, all of the main players who are currently setting policy in the Obama administration and at the Federal Reserve have some understanding of Keynes’ theories and how they can be used to put the economy back on track. The fact that Keynes remedies have been rejected in favor of unconventional and ineffective theories like QE (Quantitative Easing), suggests that the supporters of these policies are less interested in reviving the economy and putting people back to work, then they are with rewarding powerful constituents. 5 years of experimentation, has resulted in chronic high unemployment, droopy consumer confidence, negative wage growth, sky-high foreclosures and personal bankruptcies, record food stamp usage, and a sharp increase in extreme poverty. At the same time, the 3 main stock indicies have more than doubled in value while financial institutions and corporations are raking in record profits. There’s no doubt that QE has served the interests of the few while hurting the interests of the many

Supply and demand creates jobs, Not high profits. Pofits make profits, An increase in demand creates jobs and wealth. The top securing more money for themselves just ensures the botton has nothing to spend, and this leads to less demand for devlopment, more demand for stagnation.
Demand is increased by people having more money to spend. This money then finds its way back into the economy. Tax breaks on the rich, stagnent wages, and exploitation of the poor is harming everyone.
How can people not see what the corporations, and the governments who allow this, are currently doing is having a negative impact on the many, for the benefit of a few. Think about the logic, They tell those with less to spend more whilst those with more spend less percentage wise. The last call for a business making profits is to hire staff...a last resort, alos it is the first thing they cut. No one is asking for an increase in money but a redistribution that better fits a healthy economy. Mass inflation and debt is a disease of the private banking institutes. The economy is a disease of the corrupt and greedy triangle.
Banks - Corps - Governments.

This is'nt a matter of "Well they earned it, the poor did'nt". The system is rigged, the rules are predetermined by those who benefit most from them. This is'nt a faze, this is'nt a hitch or a flaw, it is a well crafted reality that needs to be stopped before the middle class takes the place of the poor and the poor become some kind of underground resistance reminiscent of a hollywood blockbuster.

This is getting worse not better. Profits are soaring and Jobs/wages are decreasing. Don't listen to me, listen to logic. As the concept of benefical profits has been followed, the results it claims to produce not only don't exist, it is factually evident the opposite has occurred and continues to do so.
Would you continue to bang your head against a brickwall in the hopes of gaining intelligence when everyday you became a little more stupid?

Today, the U.S. government has an "alphabet agency" for just about everything. The nanny state feels like it has to watch, track and tightly control virtually everything that we do. The Federal Register is the main source of regulations for U.S. government agencies. In 1936, the number of pages in the Federal Register was about 2,600. Today, the Federal Register is over 80,000 pages long. That is just one example of how bad things have gotten. But it is not just the federal government that is ramming thousands of ridiculous regulations down our throats. The truth is that in many cases state and local governments are far worse. We have become a nation that is run and dominated by bureaucrats. Yes, there always must be rules in a society, but we have gotten to the point where there are so many millions of rules that the game has become unplayable

For example, Keynesian economics refutes the notion held by some economists that lower wages can restore full employment, by arguing that employers will not add employees to produce goods that cannot be sold because demand is weak. Similarly, poor business conditions may cause companies to reduce capital investment, rather than take advantage of lower prices to invest in new plant and equipment; this would also have the effect of reducing overall expenditures and employment.

Listen to a man that presents this general concept. He has controversy surronding someone of his ideas but it is hardly surprising.

Economic imbalance is one of the many problems we face today. Bloodshed is inevitable in an INCREASINGLY corrupt and twisted enviroment. If these people know what they are talking about, why do the results relflect the opposite.

“So long as the deceit ran along quiet and monotonous, all of us let ourselves be deceived, abetting it unawares or maybe through cowardice...”

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Humans are inherently greedy and opportunistic. Just how it is. Learn to deal with it and thrive/survive or don't. Your choice.
edit on 20-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Agreed, the best way to make a living is owning a business if possible.

I think the videos posted above give a good idea of what the hell is actually going on. The left and right have their mouth pieces, neither really speak for the average American. As a whole, we want a decent job, safe neighborhoods and a chance to allow the next generation a shot at the same.

But we can have all the videos and charts we want, but money is power, real horse power. As the video points out, that the "1%" earn 24% of the all income and own 50% of all stocks and bonds. That is scary to me. Short of serious anti-trust activities and a resurgence of unionization I don't see a peaceful solution.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Humans are inherently greedy and opportunistic. Just how it is. Learn to deal with it and thrive/survive or don't. Your choice.

so if you can't thrive, just go ahead and die?...I always thought having a choice was meant to be for people who had equal opportunity to make that choice. apparently I am wrong. so for all you people that are disabled, too old, too young, too dumb...please go away and die.....

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Survive or die is rhetoric pushed around. The truth is the system is unjust and rigged. It is structured and manipulated by those who are already at the top ensuring those at the bottom don't infringe on there current income. These people don't want to share and they control laws to ensure this does'nt happen.

The answer isn't acceptance it is change. If someone is cheating you at a game of poker you stop playing with him and play with someone else. In this case a different system.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingNomadd
a reply to: jimmyx

Survive or die is rhetoric pushed around. The truth is the system is unjust and rigged. It is structured and manipulated by those who are already at the top ensuring those at the bottom don't infringe on there current income. These people don't want to share and they control laws to ensure this does'nt happen.

The answer isn't acceptance it is change. If someone is cheating you at a game of poker you stop playing with him and play with someone else. In this case a different system.

agree with you on this

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

Hard to til the large corps. are broken up. Who own what? It's difficult to tell anymore.

The government is supposed to keep these big boys in check, but now we bail 'em out. That was a crap deal, from a "conservative repub". I understand voting with your $, and do when allowed, and I do mean allowed.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Orionx2

so if you can't thrive, just go ahead and die?...I always thought having a choice was meant to be for people who had equal opportunity to make that choice. apparently I am wrong. so for all you people that are disabled, too old, too young, too dumb...please go away and die.....

I said survive or die. Not sure how you connect survive with die?
I live in a mobile home park. I bought a mobile home for $7K cash 4 years ago. I pay $355 in lot rent. I make $20 an hour and work 40hrs a week. I have one kid that lives with me 19YO daughter. She works at Target for $10 an hour part time. We are pretty happy with life.
In the company I work in there are people that make $100,000+ a year and are broke and stressed out that work more hrs than I do. They are the type of people that think how far you get in your career dictates how successful you are.
Life is what you make of it. More money will not make you happier. It will just make you more greedy.
edit on 20-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wealth and debt.

Having no debt will make you a wealthy person even at a low wage.

Not owing anyone money, except for maybe base living (rent) and utilities (gas, electric, water, trash), is a good feeling.

I remember starting out. I had no debt. Loved every minute of it. I had rent, 1 credit card (low limit), and a car that I owned outright. I paid rent and had an electric bill. That was all.

I had more fun then that I do now.

I clawed my way up to middle management. House, cars, credit cards, 1 divorce in the bank....etc.

I live a less satisfying life, however, I am fixing that situation.

Quit wanting more. Make it with what you have. Success isn't measured I what you have or can have.
Life is more than the car you drive, the wage you make, your hair, nails or fake tits.
Turn off the TV. Hang up the phone and the smart phone. Turn off the lap top.

Unplug and enjoy yourself and family.

Being a slave to a job until death (or retirement) isn't what should be the status quo.

Model your life to do what you want, not what you have to.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Being a slave to a job until death (or retirement) isn't what should be the status quo.

I agree with your view but for a large percentage of people food, healthcare and other necessities are the issue not fake tits.

Ditch possessions though and make for the mountains if you can.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingNomadd
a reply to: wdkirk

I agree with your view but for a large percentage of people food, healthcare and other necessities are the issue not fake tits.

Ditch possessions though and make for the mountains if you can.

Fake boobs was a jab at the Elite. Narcissistic folks.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join