It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascinating video about Microbes and us.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I always knew microbes were part of us but I found the info fascinating about microbes when we were babes.

Hope some learn some stuff like I just have

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

We're top of the food chain and the cleverest monkey in the known universe.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

And here we are...operated by a committee of microbial critters lol.

If you like that; you'll like this. It changed my view of our lives when I first saw it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

This is precisely why I don't shower everyday. 'Dirt' is good for you.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
TheKnightofDoom

I was just discussing this the other day. How Microbes help us to adapt to our local environment and how they are more diverse than any plant or animal species. From birth we are given the essential immunity needed in order to survive in our specific locale ...and as we venture out further into the world, we are introduced to new microbes (and other variables) that help us to increase the immunity systems capabilities to combat known viruses in those areas we travel/relocate to.

Was also discussing how each area of the world provides you with the necessary natural substances needed to enhance or strengthen your bodies performance for that specific area. You can find the cure for most localized illnesses within the local plants/animals of that area. (not speaking in regards to the global illnesses/diseases like cancer, Zika, and the like)

These were all just thoughts and what if's we were throwing around..but that video makes me wonder about it more..will have to look into it ..quite interesting subject and thank you for sharing..

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It's a very good video. Easy to understand. We shouldn't be afraid of these good bacteria and be killing them all the time. Many food additives have antimicrobials that kill good bacteria. They kill the ones that work symbiotically with us and protect us from the bad microbes.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yes. you realize that there are good and bad ones, it's all makes sence when you watch it, but when you think about them on your skin.. beee(((

top topics

join