It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution of ideas - We have to thank Trump and Bernie Sanders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
We have to thank Trump and Bernie sanders for getting people to care about politics again.

Donald Trump started the revolution of ideas the right. Conservatives are now questioning authority. He pretty much overthrew the GOP establishment. He pretty much leveled the party. They have to be MORE libertarian to survive. Thanks Trump for reminding people they want personal freedom and inclusiveness.Trump's policies are making them more libertarian and less authoritarian. Gone are the old guard. Out with the old and in with the new. The GOP is trying to re-brand themselves as not racist,xenophobic,anti-gay,sexist. More freedom as a result.

Bernie Sanders started the revolution of ideas on the left.Social democrats and progressives now know the DNC rig their elections. Sanders should have won and it was stolen from him. They have two choices. Provide legitimate democratic elections or lose voters to the Green Party. People are questioning the validity of elections. Good. All centralized power/force should be questioned and scrutinized.

edit on 8-8-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

edit on 8-8-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

edit on 8-8-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: fixed text

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

This is a very interesting election cycle for sure .The old guard (left-right ) are both beating each other over their heads with what we have and had . Its painful to watch but no pain no gain . Along within this cycle we also see how the movers and shakers (MSM) operate and gives us a good picture of their MO . Will be interesting to see what it looks like after the dust settles .

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Very interesting points.
I agree completely. For better or worse,
from here forward, it will not be business as usual.
Finally something has shifted because of
Sanders and Trump.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Except nothing really changed from Sanders or the Democrats. Sanders got openly whacked by the old world Democratic establishment. What's going to happen? Nothing, sheeple Democrats will just say "Oh Well" and vote Hillary.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Things will only be different going forward if Hillary does NOT win.

If she wins, it is certain that she will do everything possible to make sure the people don't have a say going forward. She will make certain that an election year like this does not happen again, and that only those chosen by establishment are appointed to rule.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

It is too bad that the basic message from both Bernie and Donald - that the current system is royally corrupt - has been lost...

Bernie's message got lost in the machinations of the Democratic Establishment... a clear indication that they (the Establishment) are less than fully honorable.

And Donald's message gets lost in the frenetic drama of his delivery. It's hard to extract and hang onto the bits of sanity in the flood of crazy-guy stuff coming from Trump. Some of his points are absolutely right on.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

You are quite correct. Problem is, it would take a near miracle for HRC to NOT win this election.
The only way I see Trump winning is that there's a record turnout of voters from the "haven't voted" category and from disaffected Democrat group consequent with a huge drop off of the Dems traditional voters groups.

And you're correct because if HRC wins, she'll see to it that the rules are changed in such manner that the US becomes, for all practical purposes, a One Party Nation. When that happens, the result will be decades of tyranny that will crush the middle class into the state dependency class. Their only avenue for survival will be to petition the Democrat Oligarchs for handouts and crumbs.

Look to California to see how well that has worked. 9000 businesses have left California; homelessness is at record highs; affordable housing is gone. Only the 1% have jobs paying a living wage. The balance live on the knife's edge of homelessness and poverty having o work two jobs just to pay rent and put ramen noodles on the table.

Sad state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If she wins, it is certain that she will do everything possible to make sure the people don't have a say going forward. She will make certain that an election year like this does not happen again, and that only those chosen by establishment are appointed to rule.

Let's face it, electing her in 2016 is the same as a pre-election for 2020, as if they rig it for her now, they'll find it even easier to rig it for her next time (and the establishment will alter the GOP's primary enough to prevent another Trump-like overthrow).... Mark it here and now, if she gets elected, the GOP will have SUPER DELEGATES of their own for the primary in 2020, just so the establishment can guard against this in the future.

Problem is, it would take a near miracle for HRC to NOT win this election.
The only way I see Trump winning is that there's a record turnout of voters from the "haven't voted" category and from disaffected Democrat group consequent with a huge drop off of the Dems traditional voters groups.

You are correct, but those aren't out of the realm of possibility. Not to mention, a lot of public Hillary voters who will ACTUALLY vote for Trump, without the ire of their friends or family present.

My kids are whiny, live at home twenty something millennials, who are butthurt about Bernie, but hate Trump so much, that they will vote for the candidate who completely STOLE the election away from their actual chosen candidate. It's like common sense just doesn't exist for them. Hope they can find a ride to the polls....I'm not giving them one (I can mail in my ballot, lol). My assumption is they're just too lazy to WORK for getting there on their own...especially to really vote for Hillary.

edit on 8-8-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I think your absolutely right Blue......she is a global elite, she will support the TPP, Wall Street, Monsanto, Big Pharma and friends...geez she is everything that you would think the "tree hugging liberals" would reject ! I think we all really need to get away from defining ourselves as Left or Right....and need to use some God given common sense to " JUST SAY NO " to this rigged BS on every level !

I finally was able to get my passport application in today after jumping through a mind numbing amount of obstacles, it costs about $200 after all is said and done....LOL....and this is to take a trip to Mexico ! Until I get it in the mail I almost don't believe it will come, I don't like feeling "trapped" and I LOVE America, at least the one I thought I grew up in...

edit on 8-8-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join