It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power cut to brain and civil war tapestry image??...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Ok, For the record this is the first time I have spoken or told anyone about this. I am not a massive paranormal guy nor do I go looking for such things. I am not religious and I tend to look at most things with a open mind but I require facts to really believe something. I am not on any medication, I have never smoked or do any drugs and seldom drink.

However..

From the age of about 14 I have something happen to me that I just cannot explain, it could happen 10 times in one day or I can go months and months with nothing. What seems to happen with me is that I could be doing any everyday activity and all of a sudden for what could only be a split second I will feel like someone has quickly turned the power off to my brain then just as quickly turned it back on. I then almost at the very moment feel a jolt? and I have a memory or vision of what looks like a confederate solider? (grey uniform) that is stitched into what I have always thought was a tapestry but just writing this I see little reason why it could not be just a stitched image?.

It is always the same image each time nothing changes. I was born in the UK and I have zero knowledge of the civil war or at least I did until my late 20s as it is not subject we hear anything about in the UK.

I am not sure what I want to gain from this thread but I thought I would post it out there just for reference and if it is something anyone could shed light on.

RA
edit on 26-7-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I had the experience of hearing the input to my brain,seem to cease, which was like a frequency dropping from 20,000 htz to zero.....kinda slowly.....then thank God it ramped back up after maybe one minute.....while I was a soldier at Mtn. Home, they had thing called Vietnam goin on
edit on 26-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 26-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

One possibility is he is an old army friend from another life who is trying to get your attention, a promise to meet up in the afterlife perhaps.

Such promises made in hopeless situations in life will pop up again later.

An odd thing about tapestries.

There may be more in the bigger picture.

There was an old practice of setting the future, or a course of events by weaving them into a tapestry. If done by someone who knew what they were doing, with the proper chant, a prophecy could be created. Then a story was told which added to the magic. An old way of fore telling the future by creating it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It sounds like you may have an unusual form of epilepsy. The images could have been seen at any time of your life-from books to museums-if you had an episode while looking at them but can't remember because your mind was somewhat convulsing. That is not to say it could be some form of a past life slipping through. Best wishes-know that must be perturbing and bothersome.

I would definitely discuss this with a professional-but which kind I can't say.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Could be past life or ..There is a paranormal phenomena that occurs especially when you are focused on something-work, a lecture maybe even a movie.

Suddenly you are somewhere else. The jolt is electrical activity in the brain. It does depend upon electricity quite a bit and when something like this happens, you will probably feel it.

It has hapened to me twice. I could have described it as a memory, but it is not a thing I remembered. One was occuring in the past and the other, the future.

There is a long scientific name for this, beginning with 'Total', but I could not bring it up on Google readily right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I would definitely discuss this with a professional-but which kind I can't say.

A neurologist.
Diagnosis is done through medical history and monitoring of brain activity with an EEG. I've gone through the testing myself. Had to stay awake all night so they could get a baseline during sleep.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A neurologist is a great first start. They do have the ability to do a variety of tests that may make sense and help the op better understand a rather scary phenomena. If not, perhaps a hypnotist with knowledge of these experiences. For sure, some kind of answer to better understand when this happens or even perhaps stop it altogether. This cannot be enjoyable.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the replies,

I should point out this is not a "wits end" thread the phenomena is not something that is bothering me nor does it cause me alarm. Well the first time was a WTF moment but after it is what it is.

It is also such a brief happening that before I even know its happened it is over if that makes sense?, it is that fast, it is not like a Migraine that needs hours of recovery.

It is so varied in how it happens I would say it is impossible unless I was hooked up to something that was recording data for a good 6 months to actually capture it happening.

Something I should add is that I have possibly only ever had it happen to me maybe once when I have been in bed with my eyes closed, the rest of the times it has been when standing or sitting during the normal course of a day. There is not really one thing that I can point out such as heavy concentration or highly fatigued that I could link it to?.

On a side note I have just re watched the first and online season of FlashForward with my wife and that got thinking maybe it is a timeline interruption of some kind.. Yikes

RA
edit on 27-7-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

new topics

top topics

join