It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have a Stupid Question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

I will do.
But I'm not sure I can trust my own judgment on this one now.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Not a stupid question by any means, look we all learned something new!
Cheers!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Look what it says: "Relay Mail" That's what it is. It is mail dropped off by a mail truck for the walking mailman to retrieve half way through his route because his mail bag can hold only so much mail.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I refuse to doubt your first part.......i'm really suspicious of reality. now when ya reach 45 or so.....you'll be looking for the ratchet wrench on the pile of tools right there in the middle of the floor or bench.....and you will not be able to see it till ya come back and look about 4 times.....our minds are computers but God can give us an elbow in the side......lettin us know.....see....right there
not kiddin man ...I wrote lettin and looked up and letting was there....dang...I kid you not it just did it again no auto fill.....

I ain't joking................Hello my Father...........
edit on 21-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
As a kid growing up in the 70s and 80s, I never once saw a payphone being emptied of its money by the phone company.

Never.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Sounds to me a bit like the double slit experiment, but with a little extra flair. When you decided to take a picture, the reality changed....hmmm....

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Its a storage box. For carts, rain gear, packages, extra mail....green is for their storage....

Wait! Are you serious? Storage. Has always been...green...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Buy yourself a Mobius Action Cam and configure it for motion activation.

Find an external USB power supply of at least 10,000 mAh to hook the camera to for increased monitoring time.

Configure the camera for motion activation as stated before, and find a discreet place to hide it where nobody will stumble upon it or see you placing it.

And wait....

I know exactly what this box is already, but it is always nice to have an excuse to buy more "spy tech".

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well that's what I figured it was initially, until I noticed one day that it had no doors, hinges or keyholes on it. Then I was intrigued.

That's why I started the thread, because I couldn't figure out what an entry less USPS box could even be used for.

Then, for some sanity-questioning reason there was a door on it when I went down to take pics for the members in thia thread.

Idk, the gf and I discussed it again this morning and we're both still baffled.

My close friend lives 5 blocks straight down the street from me and I walk down there often, right past the box. My gf walks past it when she walks the kids to and from school, and has been for 6yrs now. Neither of us remember ever seeing an entry, so its caught our attention for awhile now.

After finding no answers and having a little extra time I decided to post a thread to see if there were any ideas. And here we are...
edit on 22-7-2016 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You impress me as someone who is not the type to go out of your way to publicly make a fool out of yourself, so I think that this is worth the effort of just a little bit of additional and charitable consideration. You said something that sort of bothers me:

But I'm not sure I can trust my own judgment on this one now.

That's very understandable, but this is why we verify. You said up front that you had inspected it for locks and didn't see any. It would be one thing if you were just scanning your memory of the event of walking past and wondering what it was, but you were consciously and deliberately looking for a lock, and didn't see any. It seems to me that this was the moment when you would have noticed one, if it were indeed there. But hey, I can remember how many times I have told my husband that the toilet paper is under the sink, and he'd be looking right at it, and not be able to see it, because he would later explain that he was expecting it to be in a different place under the sink, so you need to allow for the idea that it was there all along and you truly did not see it...which you are doing now.

This is why I suggested that you take another look and see if that lock appears to be new, or if it appears to be consistent with marks of aging or dirt, etc. But "what if" your original observation was correct? I firmly believe that there is often nothing wrong with the observation but it is the interpretation of the observation is where we go wrong.

After all this public "reasoning" that has taken place, with you in the uncomfortable spot light, you still say that you feel baffled about this. That tells me that you do indeed trust your judgment, and I'd hate to see you begin to doubt your own judgment.

If it's any consolation, and now that I think about it, I don't see why it should offer you any consolation, but I do tend to believe you. Years ago, I wouldn't have, or I would have assumed that you were simply and understandably mistaken, and I would have just tip toed away from your post, but then, years ago I did see something that was, quite literally, carved in stone, that was not there later. Now, if it were the other way around, fine. If my husband hadn't been there and seen the same thing that I did, both times, fine. I could have easily doubted my own judgment...and sanity. I would have preferred to doubt my own judgement. But I know what I saw. He knows what he saw, and we are in absolute agreement about this. There were two other, unrelated, events that were of a similar nature and were also witnessed by others. In one, involving a fire man, I saw him witness something that we had witnessed on several occasions, be baffled by it, reason that it could not have happened, and then convince himself that he had simply imagined it, all right before my eyes. But he didn't imagine it. He just couldn't accept what had just happened, even with me standing by his side, witnessing the same thing. In the other event, a priest didn't witness the event, but he did see the unmistakable after affects of it. He didn't say one way or the other what he believed, but with a chuckle, he did distance himself from me. So, I can relate to your dilemma.

I think the problem is, it either happened or it didn't, and whether it did or it didn't, what does it mean? Or more specifically, what does it mean to you? You are perfectly free to accept the majority's preferred conclusion of there being no mystery here and move on. I'm sure everyone else will. But I would offer you the opportunity of squinting your ears for a moment and consider that you actually have a choice of what you will believe here, and for you to do so with the additional consideration of asking yourself which choice will be the less damaging for your own psyche.

My own beliefs have "evolved" over time, simply because the experiences didn't fit the current parameters of explanations and I expect my beliefs to continue to evolve. Sometimes an old coat just doesn't fit anymore, regardless of how comfortable it once was. Therefore, for me at least, I've concluded that I would rather risk standing alone and believe an uncomfortable new and mysterious truth than to believe an old comfortable lie, for the sake of "appearing" sane so that I will be accepted by people like that fire man or that priest. I just normally keep such things to myself, but I feel compelled to share this point of view with you. Hope it helps.

Fishy

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Check google earth street view and see if you can a view of it there (would be older than the pic you took).

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I had seen the inside as a youngster on my street. Youll notice mail personnel pulling up and putting in or pulling out an extra bag or more flyers. They have a lot of stuff to carry all at once!
Thanks!

MS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join