It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-isms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sad Men Are Ruining Ghostbusters' Online Ratings

Angry Men REALLY HATE the Female-Only Ghostbusters

Dudes are afraid of these ghosts

Cool Dudes Tank Ghostbusters’ IMDB Ratings Before It Opens

Let me save you time. All of the above links go to the same article on Vocativ.com

Why did I put these up? Because the article was intentionally gearing to torpedo the idea that people do not like this over-hyped movie before it has come out. And, they felt the need (in the article) to be as derisive as possible.

When the remake of Battlestar Galactica came out I did think "wow, a woman playing Starbuck?".

I was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw a woman play that role to the hilt. Do it justice. ABSOLUTE justice.

I just didn't think a woman could pull the role off. And I was wrong. She did it, and did it in spades.

I then realized how naive I'd been to assume she wouldn't do the role well.

I have multiple reasons for not wanting to see the new Ghostbuster's remake.

First of all, it's a damned remake. A remake of a movie that was excellent. A remake eviscerated simply to make money.
Second, the knee-jerk, reactionist need to make the team all female... Why not equality? Why not make it equal parts gender representative?
Third....the "comedy" I've seen of it in clips they chose to promote, do not look the slightest bit funny.

It is now the social norm to lump everything into this or that. You agree with us 111%, or, you're one of THEM...and you're against US. My reasons for not liking the movie that I listed above? Well, surely, I am a pathetic Dude/Bro/Cool Dude/Sad Man.

I firmly believe that our culture in the western world has been improperly represented by older white men for too long. I believe that in order to truly represent the will and the needs of the people, we need to be properly represented.

This means both genders (sorry, there are only two IMHO, take offense if you will), all appropriate age groups, and a demographic representation that mirrors the make up of the society.

Many here will say that I am lying, that given things I've said in other posts and threads, I could not possibly be supportive of the things I just said. But, I am.

So, back to Vocative.

Why the need to belittle and intentionally shoot to emasculate? To ridicule?

This is now the norm for all issues. Age. "Race" ( I really f****** hate that term, it is so patently false). Gender. Economic status.

If you don't see the common thread here, you really need to open your eyes.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am disgusted by the previews for the new Ghostbusters. I don't think it needed to be redone. I didn't even want to see a sequel made with the original cast- because the others were good and I didn't need more.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

So is this about movie role playing or real world?

We're going to find out. The UK got a woman in the Prime Minsters seat. The US is getting a woman in the whitehouse, the Pentagon, and the UN...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Third....the "comedy" I've seen of it in clips they chose to promote, do not look the slightest bit funny.

Perhaps that's why people don't like it , the trailers were cringe worthy and seem to be representative of the final product.

They've made a film full of stereotypes and unfunny jokes , this film isn't about the Ghostbusters it's about marketing and the creation of another franchise.

Kids will like it and that's probably the target audience.

edit on 17-7-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Do you have something against free enterprise and capitalism?

The entertainment industry is like any other business; to make money for the for the people that take the risk of investing in the project. Aesthetics isn't even a consideration for most mainstream production house.

If you are dissatisfied with the current crop of movies being made....make your own.

Start here and join us. With the advent of digital filmmaking, the indy world has exploded and is making money. We don't even care about theater distrubition; straight to netflix and DVD. World wide for the right genera. We concentrate on hotrods, motorcycles, bikini babes, gratuitous violence, and low class humor. We know what they want and give it to em....Just like the big dogs.

www.celtx.com...
edit on 17-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm not going to watch it because I've had with crappy remakes.

Just wait, we're going to get a Back to the future remake with Bieber and Johnny Depp as Marty and Doc. (shudder)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'm not going to watch it because I've had with crappy remakes.

Just wait, we're going to get a Back to the future remake with Bieber and Johnny Depp as Marty and Doc. (shudder)

And yet another remake of this one....keep your eyes peeled for the gray haired old geezer.

Tamalewood Rawks....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Looks like Ghostbusters got Ghost busted!

new topics

top topics

join