It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drew Carey to host fundraiser for Libertarian Gary Johnson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
“Our goal is to help Gary reach the magic 15% number in national polls, which will place him on the big debate stage with Donald and Hillary,” the invitation says. “And if that occurs, then all bets are off on who our next president will be!”

www.latimes.com...

Former RNC/Gov. Walker Strategist Voting Gary Johnson.

Liz Mair
‏@LizMair
"For the record, I will be voting for Gary Johnson in November. I suspect a lot of people will. Have a good night, all!"

twitter.com...

The dominoes are falling. Look at the inertia of the libertarian message. People are waking up to the two party scam.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

God speed, most likely a lost cause though...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Not a fan of the libertarian party, but if true I may vote for him anyway. We need to send a message to the two party system, the libertarian party doesn't need to win the presidency. It just needs to be successful enough to wake the "lesser of two evils" and the "third party is a wasted vote" nuts out of their defeatism, and get them to realize that, the only thing that makes lesser of two evils scenario and the "wasted" third party vote is they themselves.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

"The Iowa poll, showing Johnson at 16%, comes from Evolving Strategies/Ballotpedia, and the poll was conducted from June 10th through the 22nd.

The New Mexico poll, with Johnson at 14%, was taken last month and comes from PPP.

The Utah poll, with Johnson at 16%, comes from Gravis. Survey USA gives Johnson 13% in Utah.

The Alaska number, with Johnson at 19%, comes from 538.com.

Other states with Johnson polling well include Michigan (12%), Ohio (15% or 14%), and Arizona (10%).

Florida - Johnson 14% (Evolving Strategies poll, June 10-22)
Michigan - Johnson 14% (Evolving Strategies poll, June 10-22) [Previous poll was 12%]
Pennsylvania - Johnson 13% (Evolving Strategies poll, June 10-22)
Virginia - Johnson 11% (Evolving Strategies poll, June 10-22) [Previous poll was at 6%]
Wisconsin - Johnson 16% (Greenberg Quinlan Rosner poll ,released June 30th)
North Carolina - Johnson 10% (Evolving Strategies poll, released June 29th)
New Hampshire - Johnson 10% (Greenberg Quinlan Rosner poll ,released June 30th)
California - Johnson 10% (Field Poll, released July 5th)
Vermont - Johnson 10% (FM3 Poll, released July 7th)
Colorado - Johnson 13% (released July 13th) there. [Previous poll was at 9%]

These are great numbers, especially considering almost no money has yet been spent on the campaign. In many states, Johnson's already polling very close to 15% or 538 is estimating numbers close to 15%. "

www.ronpaulforums.com...

Maybe if we can get into the debates that would vastly improve our chances.
edit on 15-7-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am hoping he gets into the debates! Clinton and Trump are so busy tearing each other down that all of America will be disgusted with both of them come November 8th!

So many tell me I am wasting my vote on Johnson! Others say that a third party has never won! Many point to Perot and say I am just giving the Presidency to Clinton.

No, just NO! This election year, we have the 2 worse candidates imagineable. If none of the candidates can meet the needed 270 out of 538 electoral votes to be President, the vote goes to the house! Wake up, America, the house is Republican majority!

My vote to Johnson will be to encourage the Republicans who dislike trump to have one last chance to do what is right. Clinton will not win with a house vote! That is why she is trying so hard to get Bernie supporters. She is sweating and fears not getting enough electoral votes due to third party voting!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I think the DNC's nomination process is rigged. Hillary getting more delegates when she lost states and winning multiple coin flips in a row is kind of fishy. I think Bernie Sanders knew that it was rigged. I think the RNC was going to steal it from Trump but he was too popular.

Were they using the hackable Diebold machines?

"But I won’t stay home in November. I’ll vote for a third-party candidate.

And, no, I’m not foolish enough to think Libertarian Gary Johnson will win.

But at least I will have voted for someone who I agree with on most of the issues.

Isn’t that what democracy is supposed to be about?"

Scott Reeder is voting for a third party this November.

www.galesburg.com...
edit on 15-7-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 15-7-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Understand, I realized when Bernie didn't take the Green Party up on their offer, that something was up. I started researching more on why a third party has not ever won. If it goes to house vote, house majority rules! Obviously, Bernie realized that Republicans would not vote for him nor Clinton. He had to support her.

Johnson / Weld on the other hand, are ex-republicans. Trump Presidency will severely hurt the Republican party in the long run! Republicans want and need to keep control of the house and that is where I think even Johnson could have a chance this election if it came down to a house vote.

Will I be disappointed if this doesn't happen? No, the message is still getting heard and Clinton is dealing with many Sander supporters feeling betrayed too. This is the perfect election of the betrayed Americans to vote third party!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

The superdelegate fix was wrong.Pure and simple. What is the point in voting if it was already fixed months in advance?

They pretty much spit the voters face. The Colorado voterless election was absurd. How can you have a voterless election? How can you cancel an election when it doesn't go your way?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Good luck to him, but I still have my doubts.

new topics

top topics

join