It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Give In Exchange For Your Soul?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Not literally, it's a metaphor.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Whats crackin buddy... yer up late

This is the topic, "what does this passage mean to you"?

Faith alone fails miserably?

What principle or teaching do you think the writer is trying to convey to you the reader?

store up your treasures in heaven, not around this place?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I gotta work today, trust me, I don't want to be up.

And faith alone for justification is still fine, Jesus' own words in John chapter 3 are still Jesus' own words. So think again, what else could Christ be talking about?

And hey, you're up yourself! Lol

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

This is my Night time dude, im always up at this time... Im nocturnal... always have been

And faith alone for justification is still fine, Jesus' own words in John chapter 3 are still Jesus' own words. So think again, what else could Christ be talking about?

I would gladly help you, but im too lazy to search at the moment... i gotta work today too, but theres beer left

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I'm mad I'm up this early.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

So what about john 3...

Belief... equals... Doing what he asks of you

No?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

So what about john 3...

Belief... equals... Doing what he asks of you

No?

I think so, obviously. I mean why wouldn't someone act in the manner that they believe? I just know actions don't produce faith, action is a secondary consequence of faith. Or a response to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I’d only give up my soul for one thing, if it was needed…and that would be this…

To save ALL the Souls in ALL the infinite Universes, if it came down to it…Only that would be worth the sacrifice…IMO

- JC

edit on 2-7-2016 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
An Arrogance So Profound And Costly... It Beseeches A Man Of Good Repute And Kindness To Deliever His Only Son And Heir.... His One Reward For A Lifetime Of Service To A Severe And Ruthless Death. He Was, Without Doubt, Going To Murder Baby Isaac... Just To Please Arrogance! God Is Great.... But Not Without Folly. He Put Himself In Such A Huge Debt.... That The Miraculous Jesus Had To Go And Loose The Yoke...
Watching The Passion Of Christ Had Me Convinced That God's Debt Is Legendary. And That Jesus' Time Under The Sun... Was Brutal And Ruthless. I Hated God After Watching Jesus.
I Watched... While Fighting Back Tears... While Holding My Yoke In The Form Of A Knot In My Throat. I Was Moments Away From Spilling Into A Tantrum Of Tears And Guilt.
But... I Fought Them Back. Jesus Was No Fool. I, However, Am! I Would Lose My World If My Faith Was Tried To That Degree Of Pain And Death. I Am Not A Rock. Never Will Be....
My Soul, I Imagine, Means That Much To God... Who Pays Tremendously For His Arrogance.
What Does A Man Gain If He Saves His Soul.... A Pathetic Story From God To Sit At His Right Hand And Be His Son.... The Majestic King! *curses God*

Humility is his fortune... in which he delights. He abhors flattery. So.... to my surprise.... I Find he dresses me in his pathetic little costume and makes comedy of me.

What does a liar thus achieve in his life.... if.... does not know who the liar is???

God: "You Are King!"
Me: *humbly* "No, My Lord, I Am Only A Man!"
God: *insistent* "No! You Are King!"
Me: *patient* "No! My Lord, I Am Only A Man!"
It Ends.... becoming the perpetual madness called "liar!"
God did not lie.... neither did i.... so the eternity is spent thirsting and hungering for the righteousness to fill me whole. It is a battle of humility versus pride. An Age old comedy.

God Is funny.... that alone I think of when I Wonder who is the liar.

Arrogance is costly....
What is my soul worth to me..... a pathetic nothing called emptiness.
I live and die under the rule of mortals. All my efforts are in vain.
The devil will smite me.... And God will bind me in a cabletow. Neither is me. But I am likewise neither.

Trouble all around.... as above... so below.
edit on 3-7-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If I had half a chance... And if could not be a man.... I would exchange soul.... to receive the next best thing in life.... a chance to "be clever!"

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The death of his only son... Jesus ?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You seriously think God HAS to justify us to his own self? I wouldn't think so, but what would your point of view be?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3

The death of his only son... Jesus ?

Yes, the death of His Son.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Thank you. This so far this has been an interesting thread that has challenged my teeny tiny brain to think, and wonder. It's also been interesting to note how testy some members seem to get when religion is the topic...and not one I can really enter into other than to learn from.

The Bible to me is a tough topic since there seem to be so very many versions to compare between. However, to me, it was written by man and in many cases maybe based on word of mouth revelations, and possibly even after having been passed from generation to generation. Or related to a scribe to write. I think what it all boils down to (for me) me is the fact that we don't know what kind of spin someone WA AAA AY back then may have put on what they wrote, or were to write or rewrite. Maybe? Even whether or not interpretations of certain words or ideas was correct as related to a scribe. Is this perhaps a viable thought? OR, are ALL religious premises to be taken on nothing but pure Faith alone? Seriously, it's been what, 2000 years? It's not beyond the scope of imagination to think what we see/read today may have gone through many, MANY changes in order to justify certain of mankind's whims...or reforms.

I can only suppose that we either haven't given God sufficient reason to trot himself down here and smack us back to some dark age (AGAIN! As with Noah), nor has God seen fit to bless us with his, and/or Jesus's, presence in order to correct his abundant flock of humanity (believers or not). All I can surmise is that we're all alone here to figure out the most confusing and confounding thing ever to confront mankind in all eternity. Certainly one that has caused more death than all wars, pestilence and such combined since we wandered out of the vast nothingness from which we came. I find it just plain sad that ONLY through death will our questions be answered. But I guess that's the very definition of having "faith", isn't it?

Side note: I wonder if new souls seen to enter our world en masse today are being gleaned from the entire universe(s)...I SERIOUSLY wonder, with its seemingly plagiarised versions of us and our holy words (and NOT a betterment thereof!), what dismal planet is islam from? Definitely souls of some OTHER god's followers who apparently began leaking out of a stunted and twisted parallel universe some 1400 years ago. Well AFTER Jesus appeared and Christianity unfolded. And that definitely would NOT be a planet or universe where i'd care to exist!

Excuse the length of my musings...but if you, or anyone, would contribute to my worn out ole brain, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you beforehand!

edit on 3-7-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

I'll send you a U2U message.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Okay. I appreciate your time and effort.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3

Okay. I appreciate your time and effort.

Absolutely, nice to meet you, I'm the village fundamentalist here.
edit on 3-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join