It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch CNN's Libertarian Town Hall with Gary Johnson CNN 9:00 PM ET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"The year is 2016, and a third party is going to prime time.
The Libertarian presidential candidate, former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, and his running mate, former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, will face voters Wednesday evening in a town hall live on CNN.

The 9 p.m. event moderated by CNN's Chris Cuomo marks one of the highest-profile moments in the Libertarian Party's history, thanks to Donald Trump, whose victory in the GOP presidential primary has some conservatives and moderates alike looking elsewhere for an alternative to both Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton."

www.cnn.com...

Better than CFR shill Hillary and better than Trump.
edit on 22-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

CNN??? We hit the big leagues! This is awesome... just awesome.

Woohoo!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Didn't Gary Johnson lobby for the private prison industry, and also implemented the privatization of prisons in New Mexico? Not very "libertarian" if you ask me.

Johnson opposes independent study of private prisons

edit on 22-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hopefully conservatives come to there senses about what Trumps really about by November... then vote for the libertarian party, rather than the republican party.

The libertarian party seem to be hardcore about upholding the Constitution and protecting individual rights & freedom. They also openly advocate legalizing cannabis for recreational purposes... why would anyone who doesn't want the government mandating how they live their life vote for anyone else?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

This is the best news of the week!

I really think the goal this election should not be to choose between two sacks of crap, but to get 15% of the vote towards a third party and vote for the future, if there's going to be one.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Didn't Gary Johnson lobby for the private prison industry, and also implemented the privatization of prisons in New Mexico? Not very "libertarian" if you ask me.

What's more libertarian than handing government services over to the private sector, keeping government small?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Hopefully conservatives come to there senses about what Trumps really about by November... then vote for the libertarian party, rather than the republican party.

The libertarian party seem to be hardcore about upholding the Constitution and protecting individual rights & freedom. They also openly advocate legalizing cannabis for recreational purposes... why would anyone who doesn't want the government mandating how they live their life vote for anyone else?

Without a major paradigm shift, I regretfully see this not taking off. We have EXCELLENT third party candidates every election cycle who never get the exposure they deserve.

We are always left to ultimately choose between the two sh#t parties or nothing.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Obviously CNN is trying to split the Republican vote it's got nothing to do with giving a voice to Libertarians.

Have all of you guys lost your mind or what?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Yeah, that's one of his positions that I have a problem with too... a BIG problem with. Justice and profit seldom if ever work and play well together.

But I do want to see Gary Johnson get that oh-so-vital 5% of the vote in order to put the Libertarian Party on a level playing fields with the Pubs and Dems going forward. THAT's the real reward -- I hope! -- of this major media attention...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wanted to like Johnson

Q: Would you open the borders and make it easier to immigrate legally?
A: My vision of the border with Mexico is that a truck from the United States going into Mexico and a truck coming from Mexico into the United States will pass each other at the border going 60 miles an hour. Yes, we should have open borders.

Nope.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Agreed. Funny how the Guccifer twitter dump showed CNN in HRC's back pocket and they are putting Johnson on prime time. Seems to me they are deliberately trying to split the vote. A vote for Johnson is a vote for HRC.

That said, I'd rather see Rand as the alternate candidate.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here's a link

Go Gary!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Gary Johnson is not a straight libertarian, but hes still probably the best candidate on the ballot in november. Not sure he is strong enough to really take on the globalist agenda - would be my main concern. He leans more liberal than libertarian on a few issues and signed a guy that i thought was a neocon as his vp. Still though, he is dead serious about limiting government spending, wants to end prohibition and is mostly hands off on peraonal liberty.
edit on 22-6-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join