It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron appeal to the elderly ... think of the children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
In what's being called a hastily arranged statement Cameron has appealed to the elderly voters of the country to give him their vote for the sake of the children , basically you've not got that long left so think of your grandchildren when you vote.

“Think about the hopes and dreams of your children and grandchildren,” he said, adding “they can’t undo the decision we take.” “If we vote out that’s it, it is irreversible, we will leave Europe for good and the next generation will have to live with the consequence far longer than the rest of us.”

The prime minister did not take questions, and concluded by asking voters to “remember who we are as a nation, remember how far we’ve come and how much more we can achieve and for you, for your family, for the future of our country, vote Remain.”
www.politico.eu...

With one day to go before the polls open Dave must really be feeling the pressure , only 2 more sleeps to Christmas Dave.

edit on 21-6-2016 by gortex because: edit to add Linky Mclinkface

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Think of the grandchildren Dave !
I'm out and your out too Dave !
We're safer in Europe Dave ?
Move to Sweden with your kids, and let some migrants live with you Dave !
Safer there Dave ?

Take back out Great Britain !

Vote out !

Ps Dave your a tit !
edit on 21-6-2016 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2016 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yes, let's think of the children and grandchildren.

So much longer left than us in which to live in Total Freedom from the bloody, pox-ridden EU.

Lucky little buggers.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

OK Dave, let me think, OK I've thought ......... nah ...... its an OUT vote for me

Cheers, CBG

Oh, and Boris, when you win please consider a new holiday to celebrate, starting 24th June 2017 and repeating every year. Lets call it "Independence Day" or something

edit on 2016-06-21T12:04:27-05:002016Tue, 21 Jun 2016 12:04:27 -0500bTuesday0406America/Chicago1612 by corblimeyguvnor because: Boris comment added

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The thing is....It's very much reversible. The EU isn't set up to refuse European nations. It'd be a process and take time.

I'm still on the fence and Cameron and Gove are two huge reasons against staying. Oily bastards and Gove is such an elitist prick that he only favours the cream of society.

He's screwed over all the low achievers in UK schools and turned college life (for some) into a humiliating chase for the impossible.

He's a public school prat who still thinks the world is geared around his upper class society. Him and Cameron will not lose a penny whatever happens and they're rich enough to choose their neighbours so immigration isn't something that impacts them.

Cameron dropped a bollock with this referendum and is guilt-tripping the elderly because they're traditionally the strongest demographic for voter turnout.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

He has to be one of the worst and certainly most stupid PMs if he thinks the public are so gullible to listen to his rhetoric of nonsense.

If we leave now, which I believe is the best we can do, - don't want to be stuck with a sinking ship do we - if at some time in the future, the EU is reformed and becomes something worth belonging to + is financially viable, then we can always apply again should we feel lonely.

But don't hold your breath Dave. I hope the vote gets rid of you, odious osborne & also take Boris with you, perhaps back to Eton for some lesson in common sense and telling the truth - as you appear to have missed out on those.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Cameron dropped a bollock with this referendum and is guilt-tripping the elderly because they're traditionally the strongest demographic for voter turnout.

I'm sure every morning he asks himself the same question .... Why ?
Why did he allow himself to be forced into this death by a thousand cuts and why didn't he stand up to his back bencher's.

I admit that as I despise the man I have taken great pleasure in watching him squirm over the last few weeks and the thought of a Tory coup if he's defeated makes voting out even more appealing.

If Remain had come up with solid reasons for staying I was open to be persuaded but all I've heard from that side are hypothetical dangers based on worst case scenario figures ....Project Fear.

I believe the EU has more to fear from Brexit than we do , time to put the Great back into Great Britain.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, beyond the ridicule, Cameron has a point.

As an old fart myself, I have pondered the impact of both scenarios of leave/remain on my kids and wider nieces and nephews. The Younger generation picks up both the benefits from their parents, but all the naff decisions.

It does not make the choice easier.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Kandinsky

I'm sure every morning he asks himself the same question .... Why ?
Why did he allow himself to be forced into this death by a thousand cuts and why didn't he stand up to his back bencher's.

I admit that as I despise the man I have taken great pleasure in watching him squirm over the last few weeks and the thought of a Tory coup if he's defeated makes voting out even more appealing.

If Remain had come up with solid reasons for staying I was open to be persuaded but all I've heard from that side are hypothetical dangers based on worst case scenario figures ....Project Fear.

I believe the EU has more to fear from Brexit than we do , time to put the Great back into Great Britain.

Why? quite simples, Labour did not offer a referendum in their election manifesto, they were quite adamant / strong about this. The Conservatives did as a potential election winner ........ Cameron got his wish / party in power as people voted for the chance to have a say in a EU referendum ......... remember? it wasn't that long ago!

It may, or may not come back to bite him in the arse, Friday 24th will tell

Just saying CBG

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Well, beyond the ridicule, Cameron has a point.

He has a point if you believe Remain is the only sensible decision , if you believe the danger comes from remaining in the fat cats club then he misses the point.
Older people remember what this country signed up to and see now how far removed that original idea has become from the reality of the EU Superstate we see today , I hope they see through the cynical act of desperation to secure votes by playing their heart strings.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: paraphi

He has a point if you believe Remain is the only sensible decision ,

Well, here's the thing. Both the "remain" and the "leave" positions are sensible. Both have merits, and both have drawbacks.

I remain undecided. However, in the context of the OP, my decision will have also factored in the impact on the Younger Generation - or at least my judgement of the impact.

At the end of the day, whatever happens will happen. We'll all soon find out if our decision was folly, or not.

new topics

top topics

join