It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter in Wal-Mart, Amarillo?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If I owned a gun, I’d probably go insane as well.

But why is everybody talking about gun control anyway? Yes, it is a problem that so many people own guns in America, but it pretty much been that way every since the Cowboy & Indian days. What changed? Maybe what is happening today is about today’s culture, that it underlines a serious problem within society. What problem is that, exactly? Okay, this guy seems to be Somalian so that’s potentially a big clue. Was he “activated”, as somebody eloquently put it? Probably not, if that was the case then he’d quite possibly have already killed people by the time SWAT arrived rather than going so far as allowing his colleagues to leave. That suggests it was personal. My hunch is that he has either gotten in a disagreement with colleagues about the recent event, or his manager decided to fire him because he didn’t feel comfortable having an employee named “Muhammad”... and things got messy. No substance to that, it’s just a wild guess, but if I’m close to the truth there then this wouldn’t even remotely appear to be a terrorism-related incident. No matter, next thing we know Donald Fart will be suggesting to ban Africans.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: mr-lizard

You know, I'm all for the second amendment but isn't anyone else getting tired of hearing about this?

I think that's how they want us to feel.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
South carolina had a wal mart active shooter situation today. Coincidence?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Have a look at this link for a few minutes..

it makes you think !

guns.periscopic.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

makes me think bullsnip. And it dont matter. the second trumps their lives and even mine.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

your basically at war with yourselves.. average day 36 gun shot deaths!

Why worry though .. it's all good right?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

mostly gang related

mostly connected with underground drug trafficking

which from unnecessary laws

theres nearly 60 million gun owners in the US that law isn't changing anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: yuppa

your basically at war with yourselves.. average day 36 gun shot deaths!

Why worry though .. it's all good right?

So can you explain what would stop the gang violence that makes up most of those numbers?
I am sure the police would enjoy hearing your ideas. Us law abiding citizens tend to stay away from trouble spots like where all the gangs hang out. It's like sleeping with a wolverine. He's cute and cuddly while snoring, but if he wakes up, you'd best not be hugging him. Oh, you weren't thinking all the killings were just ordinary folks were you? Of course not, that would be silly.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
unconrfirmed reports via scanner the suspect was named Mohammed Khalid.

From Iran.

Police have identified the suspect who opened fire at a Walmart store in Amarillo this afternoon as Mohammad Moghaddam, 54.
Mohammad Moghaddam, an immigrant, came to Amarillo with his family eight years ago from Iran.

Immigrant services from Amarillo would not discuss with reporters whether they helped relocate the family to the Amarillo area.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
kinda unencumbered by the thought process over there ....you can do better, just apply the possibilities....a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: mr-lizard

You know, I'm all for the second amendment but isn't anyone else getting tired of hearing about this? These events seem to keep happening more and more, right? At this rate, mass shootings will be a daily occurrence in America.

Something is very wrong and clearly it's not being worked on. Mental health issues comes to mind. If only all citizens had access to a mental health physician...

I hope no one is hurt and everyone gets out unharmed!

You are right, it is the fault of the second amendment. That damn amendment. If it wasn't for that amendment we would be a peaceful country where no one died. I will punch that amendment in the face if I ever meet it!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
What about limiting the number of guns and ammunition one can own? A law that says you may own only one hand gun and no more than 40 rounds of ammunition. This gun must only be used to protect your home and family and must never be carried in public. DONE! He did not need to own a AR-15

The overwhelming majority of gun crimes and violence are committed with pistols, and with under 40 rounds spent. AR15s are used so rarely that you have more chance of getting hit by lighting upon winning Powerball. Much like getting eaten by sharks. Jaws is not a typical day at the beach, but the movie inspired massive fears of beaches across the country. The media is doing the same thing with mass shootings. In reality, if you get killed by bullets, if will likely be death by pistol wielded by a thug of some kind, either gangsta or law enforcement.
And I havent even touched on the suspicious nature of MANY of these mass shootings, that suggests govt orchestration.
Banning AR15s does not benefit the safety of the people, it benefits the safety of the oligarchs and the strength of their hold over their domain.
edit on 6162016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Tell that to the people in Chicago, or New York who have the strictest gun laws yet are some of the cities with the most gun related crimes and murders with guns...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I have a friend that went to help out with this incident, pretty much what happened a worker that had been in a certain position for years was turned down and somebody else that was new took his position, so he then got pissed off went on to get his gun started yelling and swaying his gun toward everyone.... and he got shot by the S.W.A.T... pretty much it

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just want to highlight a couple of points

Liberal gun advocates always make these points.

1. A gun is just a tool, its like a knife, a car ect its the person that has the problem.

2. you dont own a gun you dont understand.

3. its just my right.

4. its a mental health issue.

All four points are muted by one very clear fact.

America has the most liberal gun laws in the western world and has the highest number of these horrible mass shootings.

As such in my view if you are defending these very relaxed gun laws you are essentially saying I dont care how many of my fellow country men die so long as i can own a big fat shiny gun.

To pretend otherwise is to lie to yourself.

I don't see how that's any less morally right than saying "I don't care how many Asian people have to die and suffer as long as I have a big fat fancy cellphone." I suppose gun rights could be stricter. I think it's absurd in some places, but I highly disagree that they should be taken away. But realistically it would end very little. Psychos will still be psychos and radicals will still be radical. I mean after all, Al-Qaeda and ISIS are known for bombings, not shootings. So this isn't really going to hamper them. And even if they did, they would still be able to get illegal weapons. So would virtually every street gang. In the cases were this ACTUALLY IS a mental health issue (i.e. Jared Lee Loughner, Adam Lanza) I'd say because they can't "explode" in one horrific show of rage, they'd have to be discreet, breeding serial killers

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
We already have mass shootings almost every day in America, only the big ones are reported. There were 294 mass shootings in 2015. This is defined officially as four or more people being shot in one go.
edit on 17amFri, 17 Jun 2016 08:19:50 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join