It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Mateen's Wife Tried to Talk Him Out of Orlando Attack, Sources Say

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UnBreakable

Like I said, I'm not saying she's innocent. You guys may well be right here and she is criminally negligent, but what if she didn't say anything because she truly thought she could stop him without involving the authorities?

I admit I was judging her pretty harshly at first; but on second thought, it really depends on exactly what she knew and when she knew it. She may not have known specifics about where and when. Everything I've read on that has been grossly lacking in specifics.

It also occurs to me that as his wife she cannot be forced to testify against her husband, so perhaps it applies to turning him in as well, and that's tying the hands of the police.

Exactly. This is all I'm getting at here. Let's keep an open mind for now. The preliminary evidence doesn't look good right now, but again the FBI hasn't arrested her yet. So likely the feds don't think they have enough evidence to charge her with anything.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I am just speculating and giving you some options for other possibilities that could be true. I'm not stating anything concrete right now and pretending like I am is dishonest.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So its ok for you to speculate but not others?
Why the need for other possibilities when she stated "I tried to talk him out of the attack"?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You aren't speculating though. You are declaring her guilt. You are literally doing it again with this post I'm responding to by trying to pigeonhole the answer to what you've deemed to be the truth. That isn't speculating. It is answering definitively.

Look I get it, you think that she is very likely guilty, but you are clearly not leaving yourself open to any other possibilities. The difference between you and I is that I've admitted that she very well could be guilty. I've also said that she could be innocent as well. There is BIG difference between saying that there isn't enough evidence available versus using that little evidence to declare someone's guilt.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Thats the story in this thread. In case you missed it NBC news is reporting she told the FBI "I tried to talk him out of the attack".

Please show me where I have declared her guilty.
Why do you have such a problem with the nbc report?
Why can it not be true?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with it, but you clearly have a problem with reading comprehension if you think I do.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So again I ask please show me where I declared her guilty or kindly retract your prior statements.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You are heavily insinuating that is the only possibility. You constantly keep questioning that her confession to the police can only result in one interpretation. That she was criminally negligent for not informing the police of what she knew because she was guilty of foreknowledge of this attack. While that IS a possibility, it isn't the only one, and before you ask me how so first I've already answered that question and second you could use your head to think of some possibilities too. It's not hard.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
saw this on FOX and CNN federal prosecutors looking to charge the wife with accessory to 49 counts of murder and 53 counts of attempted murder as well as with failure to notify law enforcement.

gunman, source says Published June 14, 2016 FoxNews.com Facebook8088 Twitter1625 Email Print Now Playing What charges could wife face if she knew of Orlando plot? Federal prosecutors have convened a grand jury to investigate the wife of the Orlando nightclub shooter, seeking to charge her as an accessory to 49 counts of murder and 53 counts of attempted murder as well as with failure to notify law enforcement about the pending terrorist attack and lying to federal agents, a federal law enforcement source confirmed Tuesday to FoxNews.com.
Federal prosecutors convene grand jury to investigate wife of Orlando massacre gunman, source says

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Who knows?! There's 2 of them!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yes...thank you

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

YES.I've said that a couple times above!

Thank you all for playing ! My bad....

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Step 8: Control the press.

Source

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So is that for all nbc stories?
All press?
Just the stories you disagree with?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
June 15, 2016

Since Donald Trump is not yet our President, the FBI says that it's not charging the Omar Mateen's spouse.

Source: www.msn.com... %e2%80%99/ar-AAh4PYl?ocid=spartanntp

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Someone is lying.

Of that I have no doubt.

From the FBI to the administration to the people at the nightclub, to his wife.

The only thing we know for sure is some guy killed people.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
She pleaded with Omar not to go through with it.
Yet failed to call police. Genius this one.
You go girl!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join