It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious packages at Mercy Hospital shuts down I-270

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Two suspicious packages were discovered on the hospital's campus. Employees found one on the helipad, the other was discovered on the sidewalk. The two locations are near the Emergency Room.

Mercy Hospital tweets, "Two potentially explosive devices found on Mercy campus. Both away from building; no patients or co-workers are in harm’s way at this time.

Suspicious packages at Mercy Hospital shuts down I-270

As the story unfolds they are unsure at the moment if the 2 packages are bombs. They are sending in a robot. Not much more is known at this time.

Update: "A small explosion was heard about 1:17 p.m. as one of the packages was detonated remotely by a bomb squad." source

and more updates here Mercy Hospital Twitter
edit on 13-6-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth
Glad these were found, and nobody was hurt!

I have to ask though. Who benefits the most from these attacks in an election year?

edit on 6/13/2016 by Klassified because: and

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
that is insane... what is going on. this country is becoming like a middle east country trapped in the claws of world powers... except its the other way around.

-----------------

i wish they had this sort of response Sunday morning !!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I doubt they'll be targeting you on your bike.

NEWS FLASH: ATS member Odzeandennz, and his marvelous body building kitten, were slaughtered on a back road today will cruising on a bike. ISIS immediately declared responsibility, stating: "We hate his cat for its freedoms".
News at 11!
edit on 13-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

So, nothing actually dangerous was found, the man made no threats, but they "don't know if" they will press charges?!? Charges for what, exactly? Not having explosives? Some hospital worker getting scared over a cell phone and "wires"?? What sort of wires, ear buds, maybe?

Seems like a lot of flak over nothing. Lot of scaring people with no real cause. Makes me wonder why.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

the guy was there on a mental health check.........

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

the guy was there on a mental health check.........

So, anyone who is getting a mental health check must automatically be a danger to others, and anything they carry must be treated as suspicious? There is nothing in the report about any suspicious behavior on his part, and no indication that he was carrying anything even close to illegal or dangerous. A cell phone and "wires"?? Heck, better arrest me; I carry a cell phone and ear buds in my purse.

If this man didn't do anything odd, and wasn't carrying anything illegal, then we have to call this an over-reaction. Right on the heels of a real terrorist attack, and another guy being stopped with claimed weapons and explosives, and it looks like either someone was really scared, or someone wants people to be really scared.

new topics

top topics

join