It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Memoial Day ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
From America's Heroes Association (Buffalo based). My mom is President. The organization raises money for veterans, especially elderly veterans. I help when I can. My daughter started helping at an early age

edit on 31-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

to all those that got duped and/or was forced due to circumstances to serve the empire

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

That is for another topic. Someone always has to ruin Memorial Day posts.

They ae supposed to honor vets. What you say is for another thread.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

i didnt ruin anything, unless u want it that way, i only cheersed to those have walked or will walk my path

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

i didnt ruin anything, unless u want it that way, i only cheersed to those have walked or will walk my path

I can read. That is not what you did.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
50000 homeless veterans 45 per cent of whom are mentally ill,495000 unemployed vets,1060,000 disabled vets 320,000 of whom live in poverty Im glad someone in your country is trying to look after these people because Trump is correct the government isnt.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

????

what did i do?

I cheersed the vets that have walked the path i speak of, whats bad about that?

if this is about the vets why immediately look down on my post, unless you feed on drama.

Cute kid by the way

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

????

what did i do?

I cheersed the vets that have walked the path i speak of, whats bad about that?

if this is about the vets why immediately look down on my post, unless you feed on drama.

Cute kid by the way

said 'got duped or was forced to serve the empire'

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
50000 homeless veterans 45 per cent of whom are mentally ill,495000 unemployed vets,1060,000 disabled vets 320,000 of whom live in poverty Im glad someone in your country is trying to look after these people because Trump is correct the government isnt.

Don't turn this into a Trump thread.

* it. Trump never served. He got the same waiver as my father got. Many wealthy families got the waiver for their sons. But the key word is 'spondylitis'. There was a massive upsurge of it during the draft.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

many vets have, just as i was. i know many in the service only enter because of their outside circumstances and they are only left with one choice in order to be considerd a full citizen for the rest of there adult lives, and sometimes they serve to be able to gain full citizenship. Not to mention the poverty level in america, poor people join just to feed their kids/familey

guess what ,who pulls the strings to keep the poverty level higher then it should be in a great massive land that has more then enough resources for anyone that wants to to be prosperous

edit on 31-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Ok lets discuss veterans day my friends father Kevin was in Korea in a battle with the Chinese he went through four machine gun barrels as well as hand to hand fighting after 3 days he was the only man alive to walk off that ridge,theres no medals if no one is alive to cite one,it haunted him till the day he died why he wasnt killed he never marched or celebrated veterans day he did sometimes meet other vets but not on memorial day.A lot of his friends that saw the blood and guts and screams of the wounded and people calling for their mothers as they die didn't celebrate it either,so yes I remember an honour the vets but I am under no illusion that war is a glorious enterprise.
edit on 31-5-2016 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

many vets have, just as i was. i know many in the service only enter because of their outside circumstances and they are only left with one choice in order to be considerd a full citizen for the rest of there adult lives, and sometimes they serve to be able to gain full citizenship. Not to mention the poverty level in america, poor people join just to feed their kids/familey

guess what ,who pulls the strings to keep the poverty level higher then it should be in a great massive land that has more then enough resources for anyone that wants to to be prosperous

You were duped into the military for full ciitizenship? where? That is a thread, but a separate one.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Your friend's Father was in the Korean war and saw combat. He doesn;t outwardly celebrate or mark the day, no problem there. That is the summary of that.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

you started a memorial day thread. i gave my cheers that choose my path or will i said this as a veteren myself .

am i only allowed to give credence to those that you deem worthy?

i wasn't duped i did what i did to keep mine and succeeded,

when i was there i saw how corrupt it was and kept my head down and got out.

i feel sorry for those that want to go kill others for their country on their own accord,

i feel sad for those that had to be there due to corruption ,lies and misinformation

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Your friend's Father was in the Korean war and saw combat. He doesn;t outwardly celebrate or mark the day, no problem there. That is the summary of that.

oh i get it this thread is only about the vets you deem worthy

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

oh i get it this thread is only about the vets you deem worthy

No. It is not about vets I deem worthy. You and the post by khnum just don;t make sense.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

i cheers vets ? why question that? oh yeah the drama

new topics

top topics

join