It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All-amputee team finishes 189 mile relay race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Take a break from negative news and enjoy the good things now and then.

Members of Team Run Free, who ranged in age from 18 to 60 and hailed from seven states, were lead by team captain Ryan Fann. Fann wanted to encourage other amputees to lead active lifestyles, and so he became a certified prosthetist and founded Amputee Blade Runners (ABR), a Nashville-based nonprofit that provides running blades to in-need amputees to encourage them to be active. Running-specific prostheses aren’t covered by health insurance and can cost between $8,000 and $20,000. Since Fann created ABR in 2011, the organization has outfitted more than 75 amputees across 33 states with running blades. Thirteen of the 14 Team Run Free runners were ABR recipients.

“It’s such a cool moment to sit back and realize what we’ve done collectively as a team,” said Rhodes, who lives in Bentonville, Arkansas, and hopes to qualify for the 2020 Paralympics in swimming. “To have a whole team of amputees, it’s encouraging to the community. It shows that we can do whatever we want. It doesn’t matter what physical differences we have.”

Its always wonderful to see the spirit of human endurance and perseverance in action! These individuals have had to overcome some of the biggest obstacles life can throw at a human being. They refused to let mobility issues take control of their lives and have shown if you push your mind and body, the spirit can guide you to success.

Congratulations to them and I hope they continue to inspire others in life with handicaps or disabilities.
Amputee Blade Runners
Facebook
A highlight of the 2015 run

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

This deserves more flags & stars than it currently has IMO.

Thanks for posting this, it's quite inspiring.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

yea well, many flags are now generated by paid workers who have flooded this community for nothing more than influencing the minds of the community to negative mind process with divisive topics. It is the only way to stay in control of the narrative the same way old media did. It is not unique to here and has nothing to do with the people running it. It is just TPTB way of keeping people angry and afraid! But I will not yield! I will post good stories with inspiration and keep on trying to disrupt the devil's agenda of separating people from their hope!

Well, that and a lot of people don't like me either, so you know.

I am going to start doing more of these instead and just hope it catches on. We need more positive vibes to ripple out into the collective psyche and balance the universe.

join