It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Libertarian National Convention in Orlando

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Libertarian presidential candidates debate at the LNC today on TV.
It comes on at 8pm EST on CSPAN.

Watch "The Pre-Convention All-Inclusive Libertarian Candidates Debate" at the 2016 LNC in Orlando.
Candidates include: Dr. Marc Feldman,former Governor Gary Johnson,John McAfee,Darryl W. Perry, Austin Petersen.
I love listening to Darryl Perry and John McAfee.

LNC VP candidates Larry Sharpe, William Weld, Alicia Dearn, and Will Coley debate.

Gary Johnson talking to MSNBC at the LNC.

John McAfee talking with ReasonTV at the LNC.

Live broadcast of the Libertarian National Convention.

www.ustream.tv...

edit on 28-5-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 28-5-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman
This is completely my opinion :
McAfee needs to stick with what he does best. He started an empire with the Internet Security Suite . Being a geek myself , I dont want him to leave that behind. I am sure he has plenty more great ideas left in him for the Tech sector.
With that said , I do respect John as a politician .
If I am to pick a "favorite" , though , I would go with Johnson

At least with McAfee , if he wanted his own email server , he would know how to secure it himself.(poke at current events)
Peace

edit on 5/28/16 by Gothmog because: add a bit of humor

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I like McAfee and Peterson. I liked Johnson okay I guess but he doesn't seem to really be Libertarian. He lost me though by praising Weld. It seems Republicans have been trying to take over the Libertarian party. I did not vote for the Libertarian presidential candidate when they nominated Bob Barr.

I know Ron Paul was a Republican but he is Libertarian. That kind of candidate is not to be found in the Republican or Democrat parties. The closest we have is in the Libertarian party. I just hope they can get the nomination over Republicans who are trying to hijack the party.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It is official. Gary Johnson wins Libertarian nomination for President

I'll have to look into him even more because I am not sure if I'll vote for him this time around. Voted for the Constitution Party candidate (Chuck Baldwin)when Bob Barr ran as a Libertarian in '08.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Has there been any confirmation on whether Bill Weld will be his VP? I can't seem to find anything more than controversy on this issue?

Honestly, I have never given much thought towards Liberterians. Most seem to far off base for me to consider. I admit though even I am looking at Johnson now, and I believe he is smart to seek Weld as his running mate. Two governors definitely give their ticket more legitimacy and would perhaps catch the medias attention more. Thus, more Americans may have an alternative choice in their vote for the lesser evil!

Edit add: Personally, I think their middle of the road approach on many issues could be quite unifying to America and actually be able to get something really accomplished in the next four years.

edit on 5 29 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Watching the Live Stream.

Apparently the VP has been selected but I didn't hear who it was. Waiting for him to appear.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The Libertarian VP candidate is William Weld.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Both votes were contested as they both had to go to 2nd ballots to get clear winners.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Very interesting! This duo may definitely get more media attention and hopefully more funding to run against the bigger dem and repub parties. Thank you for the updates!

new topics

top topics

join