It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China new futuristic bus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
China will make a new bus that will go on a special track on the road, it will have a clearance under it to allow regular vehicles to transit under the bus.

Proposed by Shenzhen Hashi Future Parking Equipment Co., Ltd, the model looks like a subway or light-rail train bestriding the road. It is 4-4.5 m high with two levels: passengers board on the upper level while other vehicles lower than 2 m can go through under. Powered by electricity and solar energy, the bus can speed up to 60 km/h carrying 1200-1400 passengers at a time without blocking other vehicles’ way. Also it costs about 500 million yuan to build the bus and a 40-km-long path for it, only 10% of building equivalent subway. It is said that the bus can reduce traffic jams by 20-30%.

www.theguardian.com...

A prototype will start working this summer in Qinhuangdao, in 2010 a similar concept end up being vaporware

However, excitement over the innovation was tempered by the fact that a virtually identical contraption was unveiled at the same expo in 2010 without catching on.

Perhaps when cars drive themselves this will be good, but now i don't think human drivers park to well or respect the lanes for something like this to work efficiently, also this:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Cool bus !

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I would be concerned about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning for cars idling underneath that thing for too long - hopefully engineering/design teams are considering all potential dangers associated with such a creative new design

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Cool idea, but what if you're under it at an important turn😂
As in the train is pacing you.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Double post😊
edit on 26-5-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I would prefer if my own car was able to do that. Next step have vehicles that automatically adjust their height and width to pass vehicles in front that are going slower. Living in SWFL I have thought of many times putting a forklift in front of my car to move the herd of old timers driving in front of me at 30 mph .

I do see a problem which I'm sure they are handling, but how do they ensure that cars don't take immediate turns when the bus is over them?

Nonetheless, I like it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

interesting concept but I think it will cause more problems than it will solve. The first accident underneath it which causes the bus to "go off the rails" might be ultimately catastrophic. Always need to think of the worst case scenarios...like trying to pry this behemoth off of a slew of traffic pinned underneath it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I hope those things are real freaking' sturdy and easy to repair. It's a great idea but I do wonder how feasible it is when you add the human factor. "Let me just take a selfie driving through this bus OH CRAP!".

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

As in the train is pacing you.

I immediately pictured Chevy Chase as Clark Griswold in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.... under the log truck. But he had the option of swinging out to the side.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I foresee problems with the illusion of motion caused by relative reference points.

What I mean is the sensation we all had of sitting still in your car at a light or traffic or something, and a bus or truck next to you moves forward, giving you the illusion that you are moving backward. The illusion happens most when the thing next you that is moving fills up your entire peripheral point of view (that's why I said "bus or truck").

If this new Chinese bus (which for all intents and purposes constitutes a Tunnel) is moving, and my car is moving, and the car next to me is moving, all of those motions put together might serve to confuse my brain -- which for me is not hard to do ;-)

edit on 2016-5-26 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I did not remember I did this, so update: it was a scam, 30+ arrested for corruption is the only thing that came out of this

fortune.com...

Yay future...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

join