It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 3oh!3 Album "Night Sports"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've been a fan of 3oh!3 since their first album. Sean and Nate both must be audiophiles themselves, because every album sounds amazing through good headphones. I'm not sure how I feel about the new direction this album took...one of the tracks "Freak Your Mind" reminds me of a Justin Timberlake song, and "Mad At You" has a really weird vibe to it. There's of course some humor (as always) on the album.

Of course the intro song for every album is always almost a headphone test in and of itself. This time they decided to put lyrics in the opening track:

They leaked a new track or two every few weeks leading up to the release of the full album. I was catching the new tracks on Spotify as they became available, trying to decide how I felt about the upcoming release.

Here's some of the new tracks:

I think I like this one the best so far right now:

I play around with my own true analog synthesizer myself actually. I have an Arturia Micro Brute:

There's a pretty funny track on the new album -- here's the edited version. Trust me, you want the unedited actual music video. It gets stuck in your head...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Loved 3oh3 back in 09-10 as I was that dude in HS with a car audio system worth 4x the value of his vehicle.

Completely agree, and as a bit of an audiophile I know exactly what you mean.

From the bass you only feel to the high end frequencies that aren't heard, (but somehow exist with the right equipment) the music is wonderful.

But the lyrics were effing hilarious and it was more played as a "late night, downtown, let's screw with the college kids burn ride"

Remember "choke chain"? And the "tell your BF if he says he got beef, that I'm a vegetarian and I ain't $&@kin scared of him!"

So wonderful....

Yes, I was a bit of a douche in those days. But I wouldn't trade it for the world!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So, are these guys like a comedy/parody band a la Lonely Island?

I'd only heard of them once before today and assumed they were on the Katy Perry song for comedy value.

Their sound is almost comical, but I assume that's their gimmick? Like a cross between Lonely Island and Goldie Lookin' Chain.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Sort of. Not really.

They don't make music to be funny, rather they have fun with the music they make -- they don't take themselves to seriously, but they take their music seriously.

They're musicians who tend to tell jokes, whereas Lonley Island are comedians who occasionally make music (with the help of actual song writers).

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Forgive me for dredging up a two year old thread to ask about a twelve year old thread, but...here goes.

In 2006 you made a big deal--and I mean, a *big* deal--about how you were going to attend a service at the Aquarian Church in Anchorage and cut them all down to size. I mean, you *really* lay it on thick:

"I am undertaking a "deep under cover mission" for all of you on ATS into a "new age cult"... This thread ought to get good once I get back and share how insane these people are."

And then...crickets. The discussion continues, but you've disappeared.

I'm just curious because I take the bus past the AC headquarter in Seattle, and I'd been thinking of checking them out.

new topics

top topics

join