It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sceptics, "believers," and sociopaths

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Maybe not, I was generalising with the 'you' and the 'we' and not aiming at anyone specifically.

There are behaviour traits on ATS and I was trying to say that I hesitate to *define* a member due to the behaviours they have today. In the metaphorical tomorrow, they could be different.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

K, gotcha.

edit on 16-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sometimes, a person might just argue the counterpoints, like in a debate. It's very important to understand both (all) sides of an issue in discussion.

I notice people in real life are particularly poor at this. I speak with them, listen, and all the while assume they are informed of both sides of the given issue. Nope, often they are completely loaded on one side of an argument, really never "getting" a thing.
edit on 17-5-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I only ever write "that's rubbish" when I know it is.

I'm skeptical because I want *oh,so much* to believe,I really do.

Sadly,there appears to be no tangible evidence for anything outside of the mundane.

I may on occasion come over as rude but that'll be in direct relation to the height of the bullscat pile I've just seen.

I'll never write on the demon-believers pages because they just worry me.

Theists are fair game,though.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Skeptic/believer is a tag given by someone else. Sometimes that can be wholly true, sometimes the tag is given without proper observation, sometimes the subject matter is too conplex to simply have a total belief about the whole subject, but you can get tagged as a believer anyway, mostly by skeptics who would rather someone else to all the thinking for them.It's much the same the other way round.
Some other people are even harder to fathom, they just take the official line on something and snarl at everyone else as not knowing 'the science' even if they themselves have no clue. You could go on about those types for ever.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'm not a narcissist because I cannot stand looking at my reflection even after many say I am handsome
I'm not a sociopath because I don't prey on the weak only the strong
I truly believe the entire planet is in need of an Extinct Level Event badly which makes me an INFP on the Meyers Briggs

I have found humans to be very destructive and dangerous to my energy field with their left- right good vs evil paradigms----even the ones that claim there are middle shades of gray- reason I isolate a whole lot.

Society in a nutshell----Whole bunch of delusional people calling other people delusional especially when they don't think so.

Go make some more money----theres a good reason the symbol $ resembles a snake going up a staff

I might add that psychiatry and psychology is junk science and is part of an economic $y$tem designed to generate Capital
edit on 17-5-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It is what it is, an internet forum.

I believe in God and am an atheist when it comes to AWG. Meh. Sociopaths? They out themselves pretty quick on the internet.

But does anyone else use cartoon voices when they read posts?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
One thought to live by in this day and age : Question everything.
Guess I am the penultimate skeptic (just my beliefs) (or unbelief . Call me Thomas )

edit on 6/26/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy
Daffy Duck?
That'sh rediculush.

edit on 6/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure what the point of this thread is.

But yeah, as somebody who once tried to tell people on a political forum that their favoured parties were just BS, I understand that it can get annoying when people swoop in and tell you that you're stupid for putting more stock in what the alternative news says as opposed to mainstream media.

I guess it's pretty normal on a message board, and especially when it comes to topics that send people's panties in a twist.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join