It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top lel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What follows is a satirical rant and in no way represents my actual feelings, words, thoughts, or beliefs.

---------------------------------------

TOP LEL! Toppity top kek!

Don't know what means? Don't agree with me about (insert anything under the sun here)? You must be a nu___! Git gud! Get on my level, epigone. LEL! Peasant.

Oh you're a chick? Let me see! Pics! Lel! Top kek! Aw, don't be like that. LEL cry moar! The salt is real! Salt, salt everywhere just because some nu___ chick is "offended." LEL uh oh here come the SJWs! Salty whiteknights abound!

Learn how to live. Find the lifehack that let's you not be a snowflake, b____.

Lel don't be autistic! Top kek!

---------------------------------------------

The above is what I encounter everywhere I go online now, with the exception of precious bastions like ATS, and makes me appreciate it even more. Especially gaming "communities." I don't know what has happened to gamers, but my peers did not used to act like this. I don't know whether to call it the "4chan effect" or what. But it's extremely distressing and makes me simply want to isolate myself even farther from online discourse, except in places like ATS which are actually moderated.

And if you happen to be a woman - not that you can't have thick enough skin to let it roll off of course and if you do, more power to you - but if you're a woman new to gaming and trying to find a place in such a "community" in particular... you have my uttmost respect, and sincerest sympathies. Because it is toxic beyond toxic out there now. *Sigh*

Peace.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Isnt it zozzle now?
Save us moot
edit on 3-5-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Hmmm, must be an FPS thing?

I've been on the BioWare forums for a while and all it is a bunch of whiny SJWs mad that their particular sexual fetish or gender identity or orientation isn't represented by an in-game romance so the games are not inclusive enough. That aside, it's usually fairly civil.
edit on 3-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I don't play one of the 'bigger games'. I play Wartune, females and males are pretty equally represented. More than half of Guild Masters are female. There is in-game marriage and I have been to 1 same gender one. There isn't really any political talk in my guild.

I have heard of things like 'gamer-gate'. But I have also been in vents and teamspeaks for bigger FPS and bigger RPG games where I was welcome and wasn't insulted. It would be mainly males and the talk is often rough, but still not political and I haven't come across this 'against chicks' thing as of yet. I haven't even come across the word SJW for or against in game or in vent, TS or discord. I am not sure where you are going to hear all this.
edit on 3-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Maybe they have too much lead in their diets. Maybe mommy and daddy didn't pay enough attention to them, or paid too much attention to them.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You, and we all, are just getting older.

I keep thinking now, "I am becoming like my father" - If I had a lawn I would be shouting at kids to keep off it.

I see what you say about changes, but I think also I have changed and am now less tolerant than I used to be, due to old age and feel that I have less patience with people who behave stupidly and rudely.

Ah the joys of growing old

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You must be a nu___!

I have no idea. New f*g?

What games are you playing? There are always going to be red pill morons online. Some places are way worse.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The last time I ever encountered anything remotely sexist was back in the day when a little MMO called Hero was the shiz. One mouthy nuisance of a dumbass couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that I had the game dough to put bounty after bounty after bounty on him (by him, I mean his toon) It was hard to avoid PVP zones in that game, you'd have to cross them one way or the other.

My better half was a real doll to split the bounties between him & a buddy. Gamer chivalry, yo. After enough bounties, he got the idea that keeping his mouth shut was a better option more conducive to gaming (lol, Hero...so dated looking at it now)

Not sexism, but gamer dickishness in general -- recently, I had the pleasure of putting a dillhole in his (her? never know) place in STO. You don't pick on the n00bs learning weapons styles & the PVE queues, it's poor form and highly frowned upon (a 'no duh' there) And if you're going to bitch about n00bs not doling enough DPS, and then follow it up with accusing a veteran player of the same, make sure you can A.) Dole it yourself, and B.) are able to take mine when you challenge me to a PVP to "teach me a lesson on winning queues". Idiot. You sure are a glass cannon, jerkwad.
edit on 5/3/2016 by Nyiah because: Clarification.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
1v1 me

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Sounds like typical MMO General/Trade Chat.. which I avoid like the plague, haha. *shudder*.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I used to play an MMO called Glitch - any Glitchen here?

The chat in that game was awesome and not at all like that.

a reply to: kaelci

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

It seems about the same to me just the lingo has changed. It was worse for women/girls after gamer-gate but that seems to be fading back to where it was before which is still not great but mostly relegated to general chat. General chat is where all the insecure people bitch about all their insecurities BUT then again it's like here, user generated content... so if you don't like it try injecting a new topic.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
As far as MMO chat ... In the ones I've been in, either I am playing the wrong ones or I've been playing at wrong times to really get that crap. It's legend, of course, everyone complains about it, but maybe you have to play to cool kids games to see it?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Anytime bro

Do you Even Lift?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Forgot to say the other day,my son and i had a good laugh about this,he's a gamer and he talks like this with his friends
He says you're right,this is their way of talking. Language evolves i guess

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Or is that devolves?

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Language evolves i guess

new topics

top topics

join